shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were a diamond, where would you hide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My stone is in the house somewhere. And impatient me wants to know where it is! FF calls me from home yesterday saying "it''s so pretty, so sparkly..." What a jerk!!
2.gif
I asked him to trace it on paper so I could see how big it looks and he says sure, ok. So I''m speeding like a mad woman home to discover that he has drawn a diamond like a square turned on point (like the actual diamond shape...). Arg!!!

Please talk me off the ledge or I might do something crazy. Like tear up my house looking for it.
11.gif
I don''t wanna ruin his surprise thing he has going, but I feel like I found it, I did most of the communicating about it, and now I don''t get to finish the process by looking at it!
7.gif

Tell me it''s worth it to wait...especially since it will be unset for a couple months...

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
My FI put my in his computer lol! He took the side of and sat the box in a unused computer. So if he has a hobby or a man space look everywhere there!!

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
I think it will be worth the wait! My completed ring has been hiding in our house since NOVEMBER, so it had better be worth waiting for
41.gif

I have been really surprised that BF had so many preconceived notions of how he wanted this period in our lives to go- with me not seeing the ring, and he wants me to be surprised by the proposal. I told him it was unneccessary, but he feels really strongly about doing things this way. Kinda cute, and really sweet actually!

*although VERY frustrating at times*

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I wouldn''t see any harm in having a little look at the diamond, seeing as though it''s loose and not set quite yet; however, taking the time out to check every single nook and cranny could be exasperating
14.gif

Might as well wait and be surprised..
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL EP he said he was gonna put it inside his motorcycle''s gas tank.
14.gif

November?!?! Ohh TIA he better get that thing on quick!
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I am of absolutely no help because my horrible self says go ahead and tear that place up LOL

If it were my home...I would know exactly where to look because my FF hides everything in the same exact spot...under a statue of a dragon he made in high school. He''s not creative at all.

He once tried to hide something in his sock drawer...except he forgot I''m the one that does laundry and puts clothes away.
emcrook.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Lexie, yep that''s what I''m thinking. Normally I''d be up for the challenge, but not for this for some reason! There are too many places for a little diamond to hide!

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
If you''re really wanting to search, I would say start with the toe of his shoes, and then check his jacket pockets. My BF loves to hide small things there, but knows I know about those spots now.

Obviously I''m not the best one to give advice, as I haven''t found the ring in our little place after 6 months of opportunities
20.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
THAT is why I keep the ring in a safety deposit box!! LOL
Ahhh ... snooping ladies!
R.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
OK I''m going to do the same thing I did the last time this topic comes up, and that is to link this thread - here''s an excerpt:

"Listen, you KNOW he wants to marry you. You KNOW he is going to get the ring. So my advice to you is.... LET HIM. Just let him do this one thing. It has been drilled in the heads of guys that weddings are YOUR day and they''re about you, and that is totally fine with us. But knowing that, let us have this one thing. Have you ever spent 2 months of YOUR salary on something that you''re going to give to someone ELSE? Its not that easy.Guys have to share all the other stuff with everyone else. When the bride comes down the aisle, he sees her for the first time and its special but everybody else is seeing her at the same time. When he proposes, its HIM that gets to be the one to look into your eyes. He''s going to be the one to see that look on your face when you see the ring. This is his one thing. Let him do it."

DON''T SNOOP!!!
35.gif

edotf104

Rough_Rock
Put me in the "DON''T SNOOP" camp-- it''s going to be soooooooo worth it!

You can do it... or in this case, NOT do it!

Good Luck
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd!! I haven''t been around that much lately but I keep meaning to ask you, b/c I think I missed it .... What is that gorgeous stone that you have as your avatar picture???!!

Given this thread, I know now that it is yours but details, please?!! It''s amazing! I love it. If you have already shared, please just point me in the right direction to your previous thread.

I''m so excited for you!! I''m sorry it''s hiding but that beauty will be well worth the wait!
31.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a clothing pocket, not sock drawer or shoes but something hanging up, probably my jeans, not a coat - that's too easy, in the smallest box that it came in. (The extra wrapping and boxes, according to me would be stored with the gift wrap where they blend in. However, DH threw the extra wrapping my ring came in in the trash can and then took the trash out.) It's easy to relocate, not something that would be thrown away, and not something blindingly obvious like a night stand, sock drawer, or under the bed.

But don't look.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 6:43:58 PM
Author: Addy
In a clothing pocket, not sock drawer or shoes but something hanging up, probably my jeans, not a coat - that''s too easy, in the smallest box that it came in. (The extra wrapping and boxes, according to me would be stored with the gift wrap where they blend in. However, DH threw the extra wrapping my ring came in in the trash can and then took the trash out.) It''s easy to relocate, not something that would be thrown away, and not something blindingly obvious like a night stand, sock drawer, or under the bed.

But don''t look.
LOL!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I guess this is one up-side of SO making the entire thing a huge surprise! The extent of my input has already ended, as I''ve showed him pics and we''ve browsed IRL... in a way, it''s almost easier NOT knowing!

Personally, I''d want the entire thing to be a surprise so I''d force myself to forget about it for the time being!

*ideally* if I were a diamond, I''d be on my damn finger by now
31.gif
3.gif
hehe

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:37:29 PM
Author: Delster
OK I''m going to do the same thing I did the last time this topic comes up, and that is to link this thread - here''s an excerpt:

''Listen, you KNOW he wants to marry you. You KNOW he is going to get the ring. So my advice to you is.... LET HIM. Just let him do this one thing. It has been drilled in the heads of guys that weddings are YOUR day and they''re about you, and that is totally fine with us. But knowing that, let us have this one thing. Have you ever spent 2 months of YOUR salary on something that you''re going to give to someone ELSE? Its not that easy.Guys have to share all the other stuff with everyone else. When the bride comes down the aisle, he sees her for the first time and its special but everybody else is seeing her at the same time. When he proposes, its HIM that gets to be the one to look into your eyes. He''s going to be the one to see that look on your face when you see the ring. This is his one thing. Let him do it.''

DON''T SNOOP!!!
35.gif
What a great post, it says it all.

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Um, how hard would it be to KNOW it's in the house and not want to look around to find it?! haha. First of all, did you pick the stone/ring out together so you knew it was going to be in the house soon, or did he tell you it was in the house? My bf would know better than to tell me it was hidden at his place...
emotion-5.gif
My bf used to hide stuff from his parents in his guitar amp. Guys can be very, very sneaky... so look in unexpected places...mostly where you wouldn't normally be able to reach! Oh yeah, and maybe inside a pair of old shoes, hanging clothes (good one), or inside of suitcases and things you dont use as often. I'm so bad!
31.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 11:45:48 AM
Author: sunnyd
LOL EP he said he was gonna put it inside his motorcycle''s gas tank.
14.gif

That''s so hilarious!!! Is he an Easy Rider fan? So funny!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
All these replies, and no one''s said the freezer yet?
33.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 2:57:55 PM
Author: ringless
Um, how hard would it be to KNOW it''s in the house and not want to look around to find it?! haha. First of all, did you pick the stone/ring out together so you knew it was going to be in the house soon, or did he tell you it was in the house? My bf would know better than to tell me it was hidden at his place...
emotion-5.gif
My bf used to hide stuff from his parents in his guitar amp. Guys can be very, very sneaky... so look in unexpected places...mostly where you wouldn''t normally be able to reach! Oh yeah, and maybe inside a pair of old shoes, hanging clothes (good one), or inside of suitcases and things you dont use as often. I''m so bad!
31.gif
I picked it out actually!
9.gif
It is in my house somewhere, and I told him I snooped for it so he may have hidden it elsewhere by now. Ha! Or he could be pulling my chain and have it at his sister and BIL''s house like he said all along... sneaky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results