shape
carat
color
clarity

Coach Hamptons Leather Tote Slim Envelope Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Long story short, I''m home, bed-bound, and experimenting with retail therapy as a way to heal.

I need a new wallet. What do you think of this one? Do you see any potential problems? And most importantly, which color?

The only cons I see are: a) there''s no place for change, and b) it doesn''t have a checkbook holder. But I haven''t written a check in years, and I can buy a change purse.

Coach Hamptons Leather Tote Slim Envelope Wallet

What a name, eh?
41.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
These are the colors I''m considering.

Magenta:

coachhamppnk.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Canary:

coachhampyel.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Black:

coachhampblk.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Geranium:

hampwalger.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I like! Personally I prefer the white/blue but really, they''re all so rich and saturated that there''s no poor choice. I love the turnlock too!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 4:31:29 PM
Author: mercoledi
I like! Personally I prefer the white/blue but really, they''re all so rich and saturated that there''s no poor choice. I love the turnlock too!

Thanks! I love the look of the white and blue, but I''d be worried about staining.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's a very good point. I like the black/pink combo too. What color bags do you carry?

edited to fix text to match options that actually exist in the store, not just in my mind
20.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 4:42:17 PM
Author: mercoledi
Yeah, that's a very good point. I like the black/pink combo too. What color bags do you carry?

edited to fix text to match options that actually exist in the store, not just in my mind
20.gif

I just have one, and it's a dark brown. An 'espresso' color. I think I like the magenta the most, but the yellow is so much fun too. The geranium I'd have to see in person, but threw it in because DH likes it a lot. The practical side of me loves the black, but with a brown purse?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Nah, I carry mostly black and white these days, so that''s where my head is lodged. Pick something bright and fun. I like the yellow, but I despise how yellow looks when it gets gunky. I would say a field trip is definitely in order
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better very soon.

I have that very exact same wallet, and I can tell you anything you want to know!

The best parts:
Very well made
it DOES have a place for change, you just can't see it in the pic online. The outer snap pocket is perfect for change
plenty of spots for money, receipts, and cards
it's Coach!

The only bad things:
was a definite splurge for me
does not fit in some of my smaller purses
you really have to baby the liner to keep it from getting dirty, if you get a light color
the hardware is brass, and most of my bags have silver hardware (minor detail, plus, the newer bags seem to have brass anyway)

I have it in black with purple liner. I chose it because I thought it would go best with everything and be the most timeless. I also really like the green and red though. It's just a matter of your preference. Oh also I thought the black would not show dirt as much or if a pen's cap came off in my purse and wrote on it (happened with my old red wallet.)

Previously I've had red wallets and really liked them, as they went with camel, brown, and black and ivory very well.

I recently bought a cole haan wallet as a gift, from smartbargains.com. It was really nice too and only about $60. If I had known how nice that was I might have bought it over the coach just for price reasons. However, I had a return at Coach and used the credit to indulge in this great wallet, and I'm really glad I did! Have gotten lots of compliments already.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Also, while the black looks like it has pink liner, in real life it is more of a pale lavender. I love it!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi again - I shoudl have read more carefully the first time. If you carry a brown purse, I''d definitely get the geranium. Red is actually very neutral IMO!

E B

Ideal_Rock
TDM,

Thanks for the information! So there is an outer snap pocket, huh? Is it on the other side of the wallet?

Also, I'm not seeing the green color- was it an older style?

As for fitting in my bag, I only carry one bag at a time, and the one I'm carrying now is nice and big! Almost too big, actually- I don't carry a lot of stuff, so it has plenty of room (until my husband wants me to hold HIS wallet and GPS and phone and keys).

The liner is something to consider.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 5:12:21 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 6/10/2008 4:27:56 PM

Author: EBree

These are the colors I''m considering.

Magenta:

I looooooooooooooove this one! It makes me smile. Silly, I know but it really does. So does the yellow.. but the pink even more :)

*eta.. your puppy makes me smile.. that underbite.. so so sweet.
face23.gif

Thank you SDL! I''ve got her sleeping at my feet, snoring away.

So far, I''m leaning toward the magenta, but still undecided. The geranium might just win me over in person.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 5:14:34 PM
TDM,

Thanks for the information! So there is an outer snap pocket, huh? Is it on the other side of the wallet?

Also, I'm not seeing the green color- was it an older style?

As for fitting in my bag, I only carry one bag at a time, and the one I'm carrying now is nice and big! Almost too big, actually- I don't carry a lot of stuff, so it has plenty of room (until my husband wants me to hold HIS wallet and GPS and phone and keys).

The liner is something to consider.

hi Ebree! Yep, the other side of the wallet is a nice big snap flapover pocket running the entire width of the wallet (i hope that makes sense!) So far it has held my change really securely. They may have discontinued the green. I bought mine about 2-3 months ago and I saw green then - it was pretty - but they change up their inventory so often!

I hear you on the big bag - I usually carry a smaller bag but just got a med/large one for spring and summer. I love it but I cannot find anything in it - too big almost!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it. I never write checks either. I would get a fun color. You deserve it!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot! I''d personally get a dark color, though, because my wallets always get so dirty and I have no idea why! My favorite colors are the yellow and the red even though I know the yellow would get dirty so easily. It looks like a perfect wallet!

P.S. Marc by Marc Jacobs has similar style wallets as well if you don''t have your heart set on Coach. Here''s one of the ones I have (mine''s tan, though) on Zappos. I love it and they come in a ton of colors.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/37028114/c/3.html

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori and Thing2! I've definitely decided on a bright color. It's down to magenta vs. geranium, and I think I might have to compare them in-store before choosing.
10.gif

p.s. Are you all seeing 'geranium' as a red color? It looks much more orange to me. Just wondering- maybe I'm colorblind!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
so funny, on my other computer it looked red, at this one it looks orange. I like it better red. I know you are shopping from home, but is it convenient to go to the store and see the color for yourself? Might be worth waiting so you can be sure you love the color.

I''m also sapphire browsing... those also look hugely different computer to computer!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 10:29:05 PM
Author: TanDogMom
so funny, on my other computer it looked red, at this one it looks orange. I like it better red. I know you are shopping from home, but is it convenient to go to the store and see the color for yourself? Might be worth waiting so you can be sure you love the color.

I''m also sapphire browsing... those also look hugely different computer to computer!

I''ll definitely try to make it to the store before I decide. I don''t *love* the shade on my computer screen, but I might in person.

Do you have a sapphire project in the works? How exciting! I''m also getting a project itch- for an RHR.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 10:33:21 PM
Date: 6/10/2008 10:29:05 PM

I''ll definitely try to make it to the store before I decide. I don''t *love* the shade on my computer screen, but I might in person.

Do you have a sapphire project in the works? How exciting! I''m also getting a project itch- for an RHR.

Yeah... I was going to wait til next winter but the prices keep going up on settings... so I''m thinking of buying it now... so exciting yet so scary at the same time (I rarely spend so much at once!) What RHR have you got in mind?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 11:28:50 PM

Yeah... I was going to wait til next winter but the prices keep going up on settings... so I'm thinking of buying it now... so exciting yet so scary at the same time (I rarely spend so much at once!) What RHR have you got in mind?

Ugh, I know- prices just keep going up and up.

To be honest, I don't quite know what I want to do just yet. Possibly a half carat oval, set E-W? Bezeled? I want to avoid the engagement ring look, though, so I'm not sure about a solitaire.

Be sure to post plenty of pictures when you find THE sapphire!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 12:07:37 AM
Date: 6/10/2008 11:28:50 PM

Yeah... I was going to wait til next winter but the prices keep going up on settings... so I''m thinking of buying it now... so exciting yet so scary at the same time (I rarely spend so much at once!) What RHR have you got in mind?

Ugh, I know- prices just keep going up and up.

To be honest, I don''t quite know what I want to do just yet. Possibly a half carat oval, set E-W? Bezeled? I want to avoid the engagement ring look, though, so I''m not sure about a solitaire.

Be sure to post plenty of pictures when you find THE sapphire!

Oh cool! What type of stone were you thinking of? Sapphire? My friend has that style for her e-ring (with a diamond oval, e-w, half bezel in plat) and it is really beautiful - one of my favorite sets ever. I bet it would look awesome in a colored gemstone also. I know what you mean about avoiding a solitaire. It''s the same for me - some of the settings look very engagementy and this is for a RHR. Can''t wait to see what you get!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I guess it is an orangey red. But I would still classify it as a red! I actually find it very interesting how people have different ideas about which colors are which.

I''m a buyer for a clothing store and me and my boss love to argue about whether or not a color is one or the other. I''m usually right, though...it''s probably because he''s a guy and I think a lot of guys have some type of colorblindness. Anywho, either one would be gorgeous!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebree, I love them all; it was funny as I was scrolling down, I thought "oh that one," then "no, that one" and then "no, that one." They are all lovely, I agree seeing them in person could help a bit better. You deserve one of those pretty wallets, can''t wait to see which one you choose.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi ebree! Just wondering what you decided on your wallet? I hope you enjoy it!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 8:55:16 AM
hi ebree! Just wondering what you decided on your wallet? I hope you enjoy it!

I actually made a trip to Coach yesterday and wanted to make a quick report.

First, those wallets are big! I've got this compact HOBO wallet that I love, but the credit cards fall out if it's turned upside down, and it often is (on accident). Big pain. So the Hamptons Envelope seemed large in comparison. I'm fine with that, though, since I have a nice, big purse. For those who carry smaller handbags, it might be too large.

Only con: it doesn't have a clear compartment for the driver's license (for when you just need to 'flash' it).

The colors were pretty true to what I saw on my monitor, and I ended up loving the Magenta the most. It's just so bright and fun. One thing both my husband and I noticed about the yellow, though- it had pink lining! In the pictures on the Coach website, the lining is blue. We opened two yellow wallets, the big and the small, and both were lined in pink. Weird.

Anyway, that's my stream-of-consciousness report.
41.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results