shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m just checking in, but don''t really have anything to report. I''m just CD 10. My body doesn''t seem to be gearing up to ovulate as early this month as usual, so I probably won''t have anything to report particularly soon.

Lisa, I kinda doubt that a 28 day cycle means that you abruptly entered menopause.
3.gif
Do you have any plans to test soon?

IG, how many dpo do you think you are?

All of the vacations sound so nice! All we have planned is a long weekend in Vegas at this point.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Amber I meant to comment about Kuai before but was to engrossed in getting preggo and POAS to stay focused.

I went there by myself in 2005 (long funny story accompanies this but for later and involves a man - not DH & not kayak Steve - keep reading).

I stayed in Kapaa - I did like it but would have rather been in Hanalei after I got there. Hanalei had the great snorkel spots and was right near the
most amazing coastline in the world! You MUST go to Kalalau (sp) where they filmed King Kong in the 80''s the arch area about 13 miles from last beach.

You can hike the 26 mile rte or take boats/kayak.

I actually kayaked there twice that trip and met "kayak Steve" (yet another story for another time!
31.gif
) and had quite an adventure!

You can kayak around to the other side of the island where they pick u up and drive u back. It takes all day.

Also, I went on a day catamaran trip and snorkled all over the place. We went to see Nihau (small island across the channel) and they went past the Kalalau Valley too!

Almost made it to the island helicopter but was badly sunburned and hung-over (kayak Steve influence).

Oh and kayak Steve taught me to surf! However, there was the unfortunate incident where my bikini top flew off just as I caught a wave
emembarrassed.gif
but I recovered.

I had a fantastic time and want to return. I hope u guys have fun!

Blen - great to hear from u!

28 days is highly unusual for me! I haven''t gone 28 days since 11/27/08 (not that I keep track or anything
2.gif
)
I range 22-26 days for the last year.

POAS - yes here''s my chart for this cycle http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=lisaolivia

All neg. DD I don''t chart BBT b/c Olivia wakes inconsistently and will mess w/ the #''s (she got up twice last night and once the night before)

So I''m experiencing an hysterical pregnancy or just late.......
38.gif

Or Menopausal.

Hey Pave - how are u? Long lost preggo buddy please update us. That preggo thread moves so fast!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gals! I was just wondering how long your first cycle off birth control was and if you think that you ovulated. I''m at day 12 of my first cycle and there''s no sign of ovulation (according to temp, cerv fluid, or OPK). I know that only about 60% of people ovulate on their first cycle off BC and I''m not going to be concerned until about day 20, but I''m more concerned that I''ll have a ridiculously long cycle. Just curious about your experiences. Thanks!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, thanks for the tips! Almost makes me want to go alone.
31.gif

Peony, I think I may have been lucky, as I had a 27 day cycle right off BC, and as for the last few cycles (only been off for four months), it''s been right on with O on day 13 or so. I think I may have been a lucky girl, though, since I hear much different stories from other gals.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
The FAT lady SANG!!!!

AF has started at 10 PM tonight and is light so I won''t count today as CD1.

Will call RE in AM and commence w/ IUI this cycle.

Now entering 7th month TTC.
5.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Yay Lisa! I hope that this cycle''s it for you.

Peony, my first cycle post-Mirena IUD was 24 days and anovulatory BUT we were charting to avoid while using condoms until I figured out my cycle, had a condom problem when I had EWCM and I ended up taking plan B. That''s not representative of anything since Plan B is definitely a form of hbc. The next cycle I ovulated on CD 21, for a total length of 35.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
lisa - i hear that month 7 is a very lucky one!! i''ll send heaps of baby dust your way!! as i''m getting closer and closer to TTC I''m trying very had to manage my expectations. I know that I''m going to want it to *stick* that very first month, so I just have to remember to be realistic about this process...

I''m a bit envious of all the vacations too. this weekend i''m heading out with my brother, his wife and my DH to visit my father for father''s day. While it''ll be a great time, it is certainly no hawaii
3.gif
11.gif
3.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
hi girlies! I cant stop reading this thread! The preggo thread is so intimidatingly fast - almost like watching an intense game of Double Dutch and trying to find the right moment to jump in. Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil just watching at this point. Monday I''ll be 7 weeks pg - and waiting for you gals to join me in a game a of pg double dutch! lol.

Lisa - I cant remember where I heard the stat, but I did hear that the average couple takes 7 months to concieve. again, can quote it, but I have a good feeling about you too.

Baby dust galore to all y''all! This is a big month (or two) coming up for lots of you starting TTC. Wishing you lots of FM and high temps ;-) ahhahah.

off to start my day. Have a great weekend everyone!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa- Sorry to hear AF arrived, although at least we know you aren''t menopausal! Good luck next month! Sounds like quite an adventurous trip to Kauai!!!

Peonygirl- My first cycle off BCP''s was 33 days, since then they have been clockwork at 28 days. I didn''t temp that cycle so I have no idea if I actually ovulated or not.

Indy-Welcome back! I checked out your pics in the other thread and it looks beautiful. Glad to hear you had a good time!

Amber- I''m so envious that you are going to Kauai. sigh.

Lovelylulu- I can''t remember when you are going to start trying. Sometimes it is hard to keep things in perspective, I have also heard that 6-7 months is average but I don''t know if that''s actually true research numbers or not. Good luck!

Mela-You are welcome to stay here with us as long as you want! Maybe some of your lucky vibes will wear off on the rest of us!

So my friend had a dream last night that I was pregnant. Not possible right now as AF just left, but the funny thing is I will ovulate while I''m on vacation with my DH, my friend, and some of her family. So maybe she''s on to something. She claims to be a good "pregnancy predictor" hee-hee

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My chart is so confusing!
14.gif
But honestly, despite the second temp rise, I don''t think I''m knocked up this month.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still trying to discipline myself to temp, trying to get ready for August. So I don''t think my chart is very useful right now. However, we had a heat wave for 4 days that coincided with a spike in my temp. Do other people find that their temps go up quite a bit when its really hot (we don''t have ac)?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 1:05:26 AM
Author: peonygirl
Hey gals! I was just wondering how long your first cycle off birth control was and if you think that you ovulated. I''m at day 12 of my first cycle and there''s no sign of ovulation (according to temp, cerv fluid, or OPK). I know that only about 60% of people ovulate on their first cycle off BC and I''m not going to be concerned until about day 20, but I''m more concerned that I''ll have a ridiculously long cycle. Just curious about your experiences. Thanks!

I ovulated my first cycle off BC. Apparently twice. Be careful, I''ve heard that your chances are higher for conceiving multiples right after you go off the pill. Anecdotal only...but true in my case.
2.gif

And I think it was on day 22 or something crazy like that, so don''t worry yet!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany: i had a dream two nights ago where i was pregnant. BUT with quintuplets
6.gif
the dream (from what i remember) consisted of me being in the drs office for a sonogram and the dr was like - there''s one, two...five!! I completely attribute it to all the multiples on this forum and perhaps a suppressed anxiety of having a small basketball team at once...

I think that it''s both reassuring and frustrating to hear that 6-7 months is average...I''m kind of an instant gratification gal myself. patience is something that i am uh continually working on
2.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
My sister had a dream a few months ago that she had quintuplets. The only thing she really remembers about the dream is that she didn''t have enough carseats!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also continuously working on my patience!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

So, here is why my chart is confusing. Here is the chart as analyzed with the FAM method. Does that not look triphasic to you? But...

FAMchart.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
...here is my chart using FF''s advanced setting. I just don''t know what''s going on. I guess if I had to put my money one way or another, I''d say that FF''s advanced setting is right. But that would make my cycle by far the longest one EVAR this month (34 days if my LP is 14 days).

Need. More. Data.
34.gif

advancedchart.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah Indy your chart(s) are confusing - not familiar w/ the advanced setting but #1 looks more like a reasonable O w/triphasic pattern.

Espec. since you usually don't go that long.

ETA: implantaion dip around day 19?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm.
33.gif
Honestly? I am so freakin moody that I think AF will be paying a visit very soon. Oh well! This month was a learning month. Next month we will have more data! DATA! DATA! DATA! Hurray!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I would tend to agree more with the advanced setting, though it's hard to tell because not all of your temps were taken at the same time, and you're missing a few. If today is CD 30, I would assume you're 10 DPO.

E B

Ideal_Rock
If you ovulated on CD 20, then you had a two-step rise (not the correct term) like I did last cycle, though not as pronounced. It confused me at first as I saw so many women with one large spike, but FF was right on, as confirmed by my fertility monitor.

Attachments

• ebreecycle3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 128

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
You''re probably right EBree! I guess we''ll just see when AF arrives and work back from there.

I wonder if I get this ''hot'' every month. I mean, I know I''m smokin'' on a day to day basis
2.gif
, but my ''active'' temp is 99.1 and my basal is 98.3 at the moment. Kooky!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gals, I just wanted to share my chart thus far! We''re not going to start trying until early Sept, but I''m hoping that I have a good handle on my ovulation patterns by then.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, that didn''t work (trying again).

fertiliychart.JPG

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow. My chart seems like the Great Plains compared with yours, Peony.

Well, my temp dropped this morning. I just wish that damn AF would show up already! My friend is throwing a party tonight to celebrate the fact that he finally perfected his recipe for homemade tonic water. So he is serving homemade g&t''s! He is also guaranteeing that, after all that quinine none of us will get malaria for at least 48 hours.

Only I can''t have one unless AF shows up!

I suppose I can just drink the homemade tonic. But.
7.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, my chart definitely looks more erratic than everyone else''s. Hmm.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Any of you research ladies find a chart showing the distribution of different luteal phase lengths?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gals! My OPK showed a light but definite line today (before it was showing nothing). It was lighter than the control line, but could this mean that it might be darker tomorrow? That would be so exciting!

Independent Gal--I don't have a frequency table, but I think LP are generally 10-16 days. Can you take a pregnancy test today if your period is late?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Peony! That''s great about the line. Lines appear to be more fun than I ever would have guessed!

No extra lines for me this month, which, on the bright side, does mean it''s scotch and sushi night. Hurray!

In terms of the distribution of lp length, you''re right that the ''normal'' range is 10-16 days. From what I''ve read today, the average is 14 with a standard deviation of 1.4 days in either direction. I was trying to figure out whether the probability of my lp length being 15 vs. 11 days could help me decide between the FAM version of my ov-date and FF''s ''advanced'' version. Their readings for egg day are 4 days apart. The probability seems to be on the side of the FAM day given the higher likelihood of a 15 days lp than an 11 day.

But next month, I''ll have more data. Data! Data! I really love data. Because I am an enormous nerd.
34.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy, I am so impressed by you! That is a great way to look at it. I am sure it will happen for you all soon. Lots of baby dust!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results