shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoe Frenzy - Enable me, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I'm supposed to be unpacking but I've run out of clear bins to put the unpacked materials in, so I turned to online shoe browsing.
11.gif

I'm overcome with shoe lust, help me PS enablers!

I wear a lot of black because I don't like to show sweat, but love to wear kooky, outrageous shoes that match my personality.

I found a store on Ebay that has cheap, wild shoes that would be perfect to wear with my endless versions of the LBD, or it's counterpart, the black shirt with neutral bottom. The store has a 100% return policy, so I'd only be out the shipping, and get this ... $10.00 shipping for the first pair, all additional pairs free shipping.

I'm not looking for high quality because I'm not going to be wearing them often, just looking for something to punch up my outfits on nights that we're having dinner parties, etc. No dancing or excessive walking around.

Without further ado:

Red and Orange Peep-toes $16 -- I asked a friend if these were the ugliest or awesomest shoes she'd ever seen and she told me they were "tight a$$ sweet and BUY THEM NOW!"

I Want One in Each Colour! $16 each

Blue Peeps $16

Red Plaid Pumps $10

Green Pumps $16

The listing for the Red-Orange peeps ends in two hours ... if I'm going to get them, I might as well get some or all of the others and just return the ones that I don't like on.

Help me PS, I am craving shoes!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think they are darling - I don''t particularly care for the plaid ones (personal preference) but I think the others are super cute.

Let us know which ones you end up getting and definitely take pics!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 6:03:46 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think they are darling - I don''t particularly care for the plaid ones (personal preference) but I think the others are super cute.

Let us know which ones you end up getting and definitely take pics!

I admit of the red plaid pumps out there, those ones are not a good example, but for $10, I''m still tempted.

So you don''t think I''m insane for flooding my closet with brightly-coloured, impractical heels?
3.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
At that price?! I think you be crazy not to...

But then, I''m shopaholic-ey like that
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should go for all of them. The only ones I wouldn''t buy (and that''s saying a lot) are the plaids. But I went to catholic school and had to wear awful plaid skirts that have scared me off of all plaid FOREVER.

P.S. I think you should drive to NM and we should go shoe shopping together.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Red/Orange peep-toe = YES!!!!
The rest = NO!!!!!!!

There's a study about shopping that says once you decide to buy one thing is 1 million % easier to buy LOTS of things. Okay, maybe my statistics are off -- but you get the point. Just buy what you HAVE to have. Don't buy thinking you'll return 'em. I just KNOW those red/orange ones started you on this mission (am I right??) ... so get them & strut your red/orange stuff. But don't open up the questionably cute vinyl shoe floodgates just because ...
2.gif
31.gif

ETA: okay, meeebie the yellow flower salsa shoes too ... but just maybe!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re a 7.5 or an 8 and don''t like the green and blue shoes as much...you know where to post the links!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 6:39:47 PM
Author: decodelighted
Red/Orange peep-toe = YES!!!!

The rest = NO!!!!!!!

There''s a study about shopping that says once you decide to buy one thing is 1 million % easier to buy LOTS of things. Okay, maybe my statistics are off -- but you get the point. Just buy what you HAVE to have. Don''t buy thinking you''ll return ''em. I just KNOW those red/orange ones started you on this mission (am I right??) ... so get them & strut your red/orange stuff. But don''t open up the questionably cute vinyl shoe floodgates just because ...
2.gif
31.gif

ETA: okay, meeebie the yellow flower salsa shoes too ... but just maybe!

How did you know?!
31.gif

I was on a mission looking for red shoes. Thanks for all the input ladies, I think I''m going to go for everything except the plaid and the purple flower shoes.

The red/orange ones are the only ones that have to be bought in the next 10 minutes, so we have a go!
36.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 6:42:24 PM
Author: FrekeChild
If you''re a 7.5 or an 8 and don''t like the green and blue shoes as much...you know where to post the links!!!

I''m a 9, alas, but when I''m mobile, hells yeah to a shopping trip in NM!
31.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
The red and orange peeps are mine!
36.gif

The pale blue peeps are ending in an hour. Hmm.

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
I love love love the Blue peeps.. Those are a must have!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 10:43:44 PM
Author: EMPTorres
I love love love the Blue peeps.. Those are a must have!

I passed on them because I wasn't ready to make a decision in the time alloted, but they've been relisted so I can still grab them. Think I should nab them?

I asked my FF which colour to get in the little flowered salsa shoes, since I love all three, and he said he didn't like them because of the flower. Bah, that's the whole point!

And if any of them aren't comfy enough with the intervention of foot pads, etc, they are definitely getting shipped back. All in all, it's a chance to have the sorts of crazy shoes I'm always on the lookout for but can never find or justify the price, and all for the cost of shipping.

Edit: I'm kinda feelin' the Green Peeps too ...
32.gif

A little kicky sundress, a dark short-sleeve jacket over top to keep the sun off my shoulders ... or a cap sleeve. Hmm. Any suggestions for cute little dresses to go with any of these shoes? If the dresses had a print then I needn't worry about sweating.

I think Kohl's has a 30% off coupon right now ... I need light, airy things to wear down here because all my Canadian-weather clothes are just too dang hot. Seems Nordstrom is having a 50% off on some items, including dresses, I'll have to check that out too ...
12.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Cute Shoes, Galateia!! I love shoes
30.gif

I was searching for a particular pair of Tory Burch flats and happened upon this great shopping website. You guys may have seen it before, but in case you haven't:
http://www.shopstyle.com/

then...."shopstyle" led me to this cute shoe site:
http://www.footcandyshoes.com/index.asp

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''ve decided on the red and orange peeps, the green pumps with the white trim, and the yellow salsa shoes.

Think I should stick with those three?

Can I wear the yellow salsa shoes with a dark royal blue dress?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they sound fabulous!

And yes, I totally think yellow salsa shoes go with a dark blue dress!

ETA- green and WHITE? What happened to the green and green ones? I need pics of the green and white!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 10:11:07 PM
I think they sound fabulous!

And yes, I totally think yellow salsa shoes go with a dark blue dress!

ETA- green and WHITE? What happened to the green and green ones? I need pics of the green and white!

They''re listed in the OP as Green Pumps.
1.gif

Here''s a pic of the Blue Dress I''m thinking of pairing the yellow ones with it, what do you think?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! Ok, I''m an idiot, how did I not realize that?! I love them!

And yes I think that dress with the yellow heels would be great-where would you wear them to?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 11:34:59 PM
Yes! Ok, I''m an idiot, how did I not realize that?! I love them!

And yes I think that dress with the yellow heels would be great-where would you wear them to?

Well, last night we went ''art gallery hopping'' which was a local event sponsored by the city, and I felt underdressed and overheated all at once! We will be having a fair number of small dinner parties, if I get my way
3.gif
, and seem to go out for drinks fairly often with his friends, and it''s always hot.

I don''t like to expose my shoulders and armpits, so I''m looking for a little shrug. I was planning on getting a black shrug/bolero so I could wear it with anything, but do you think I should get a white one instead, considering the dresses I linked to?

It''s nice to have some fashion advice in the absence of my girls back home
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results