shape
carat
color
clarity

2 ct. NON-Ering/RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:33:16 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 6/2/2008 11:27:32 PM

Author: Dee*Jay

OK, let''s settle this ''cocktail ring'' thing once and for all. Any ring that I wear while I enjoy a little drinky-poo is a cocktail ring. Single stone, multi stone, cluster of small stones -- whatever. (And for those of you who don''t know me or The Brick, I own the mac daddy of all cocktail ring style settings--with big side stone wings flying off the sides no less!--and I couldn''t care less what people choose to call it.) Now let''s move on.

Lol DJ. You are too funny. And I wholeheartedly agree.

MA: What about something like this gorgeous LM creation? I think it would look gorgeous with rounds as a RHR.

This is really pretty!
And you could use kids birthstones or your anniversary stone if you wanted to make it sentimental.
Maybe even the month you and your husband met?
It''s a beautiful ring.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 6:54:44 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
If it was mine, I''d find 2 round blue sapphire sides and have Leon make the 3-stone ring. Classic and beautiful.

That would be yummmy also if you want it to look less engagmenty you could get it made for your middle finger it would have more of a band look especially if you stack it with some yummy pave bands on each side
18.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock

DJ... LMAO!!

Hmmm... I always thought a cocktail ring was the thing left on the napkin when I lift my martini up.

2.gif

This is one of my favorites. It is a bit e-ring looking (similar to the Richard Landi that was posted), but I''d love to wear it as a RHR.

tif110191.jpg

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
I would take it and set it with sapphires in an "antique/vintage" style ring! I dream of rings like this! One day...

sapphire and diamond ring.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or for something completely different...

MA1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
deelight,

Great idea!!! I wear one of my rings like that. I like the look it gives off. To me, it seems more noticeable, then on my ring finger.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not know why saying cocktail ring gets such a rise. I think it can mean ANY ring worn sporadically that is NOT an e ring. Meaning, I think it is not about SIZE but how you wear it. I have a tanzanite that I rarely wear on a daily basis, but I would term it a cocktail as I might take it out to wear here and there. A RHR to me is one, if you are engaged but not married or not engaged, you wear a lot of the time on the right hand. It might have a sort of old fashioned connotation, but should not be viewed as a perjorative. I honestly would not care if someone called a ring that, though I certainly can summon up the vision of a cluster ring too if I work hard.

I also think halos are lovely and have a vintage quality, in terms of being used as an e ring, I think they totally look e ring ish, especially if the center is a diamond and it is on the left hand. My tanzanite looks a lot like a Tiffany legacy.

I love the idea of colored stones, and really making it a fun statement and not so serious.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Wowee! Love that Leon with the sidestones! The VanCraeynest ones are gorgeous too. My birthstone is the diamond (April baby) so that is no help. My kids' birthstones are the diamond and ruby. I do have a 3 stone (yellow diamond in the middle with white diamonds on the side), but I may be trading that for something else. If I did a 3 stone, I would be more inclined to do something other than just 3 rounds, even if using colored gems on the side. I want something a bit out of the ordinary! (Though the Leon, with pave, would definitely qualify!) I guess I like changing things up a little! Anyway, keep the suggestions coming!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The Leon three stone with pave wis gorgeous! If you did a non pave three stone you could add a surprise ruby and diamond to represent your kids.

Beaudry has some lovely pave three stones, too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:10:22 PM
Author: IronMikey

Date: 6/2/2008 10:35:28 PM
Author: Linda W

And again in my opinion, the term cocktail ring is old fashioned. My 82 year old mother uses that term. The new term is 'right hand ring'. I see that term used in all of the magazines.

Linda

Hmmm, even though everyone seems to hate on her, diamondgirl made a pretty solid point about this earlier in the thread. Many people on PS and many quite reputable jewelery makers use the term.

and your mom
19.gif
hmmm IM, do you care to disclose your relationship with DG..?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2008 11:18:43 PM
Author: IronMikey
Sorry to thread jack -- it''s very temporary...

WHAT DOES ''DH'' MEAN?!!!!

I can''t figure it out and it''s making me nuts. Haha, thanks in advance!
DUMB husband to some and DIAMOND husband to others.
34.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I know I am a little late coming back t this thread, but I wanted to see what you had decided on... I guess I started a snowball effect about the cocktail ring, I apologize
emembarrassed.gif

But I have to say that I love DeeJay wrote. If drinking while wearing your rings makes it a cocktail ring, well then I certainly have a cocktail ring! With that I guess I have cocktail studs, cocktail tennis bracelet, cocktail antique bands... LOL
Call it what you want... but I will rock my engagement cocktail ring no matter if I have a cocktail or not!
9.gif

So any more thoughts on the RHR? I love some of the Leon''s posted...

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have cocktail toe rings....
3.gif

And for SURE there''s someone out there with a cocktail belly button ring? Photos,anyone?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Is your 2 carat a RB or an OEC? Do you want a vintage look or more modern?

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
the leon 3-stone is gorgeous!

i know this one is more e-ring, but i think the large center stone plus the side ''wings'' (dunno what they''re called) would make for a nice RHR.

this one is from Lang''s Antiques, 3.20ct center stone.

lang1a.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
side view

lang2a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results