shape
carat
color
clarity

My new emerald cut engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EmmeBerg

Rough_Rock
Wow. Thanks everyone for the comments. I immediately called "theonewhoboughtit" and read him every single comment. He loved it!

Again, thank you for the nice responses.

It is great to have so many supportive EC lovers. Some people just don''t get ECs and frown at it, LOL.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful!! Congrats on your engagement and good luck on your wedding band search!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely and very elegant! Congrats
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love emerald cuts, and yours is just lovely!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 7:36:30 PM
Author: EmmeBerg
Wow. Thanks everyone for the comments. I immediately called ''theonewhoboughtit'' and read him every single comment. He loved it!

Again, thank you for the nice responses.

It is great to have so many supportive EC lovers. Some people just don''t get ECs and frown at it, LOL.
Not me. Congratulations!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:49:49 PM
Aww. Thank you everyone. I mean it. I am even a bit starstruck with responses from some names I have been seeing forever. Gosh, I should have signed up earlier. Darn being so shy!
9.gif

Dani and Tberube - AH!! You two are the reason I fell in love with ECs!!

Thank you Pixley. I have searched her comments a few times (not for very long) so I do thank you for that.

You guys, lol...I have the biggest smile on face. You all really made my day. Thank you so much.

awww....really? That''s so flattering...thanks for saying. I''m glad that you love EC''s as much as I do!!

EmmeBerg

Rough_Rock
tberube - Yes I mean it.

I gave the FI 4 pictures of "ideas" for rings for the stone shape. Yours was one, and Dani''s was the other from here. I said not to completely copy them of course, but that those are what I like.
31.gif

He wants to make my ring into a 3 stone, but I would like to keep it the way it is for awhile. If I changed it at all it would be similar to yours.

I got lucky and he enjoyed the jewelry shopping and buying process. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Once upon a time I had a ring like that...I loved it.
Congratulations on your engagement!

Mrs. Smitty

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful on your hand! Congratulations.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Love those prongs! Congratulations on your engagement and your stunning ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah - late to this, but to me that is the classic EC shape - lovely!!!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:28:40 PM
Thanks!!!

Sure thing.

Weight: 1.23 carat
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Color grade: F
What a beautiful photograph. I love ECs too. Congratulations.

sbarlin78

Rough_Rock
I just loooove the setting!
I have been looking for such a settings- with "double prongs"- can I ask where you got it from????

Or where I can find a similar setting?

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Elegant! Stunning! I love ECs!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
It''s lovely! ECs are so beautiful!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring -- just gorgeous, and elegant. Those EC''s are so regal.

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
WHOA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! that is one AMAZING ring you have! for a while now i have been wanting an EC solitaire with double prongs! yours is the object of my envy!!!! congratulations!!

if you dont mind, could you tell me where you got yours done or even suggest places that would do a similar setting? i am just absolutely in awe of your ring! i also saw Dani''s and that is what made me fall in love with the double prong! y''alls are so elegant and classy!!

enjoy you gorgeous ring, as i drool over it! haha

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I love the prongs. Congrats!!

EmmeBerg

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add one of what the setting looks like!
38.gif

Thank you everyone for the comments. I just love this site. You guys have made me feel so good about the ring! I was needing "ringlove" since my friends really have shown their tails with me on this. They ALL seemed super unimpressed, and it broke my heart. I need new friends, lol.

sbarlin78 & happygolucky851 -

I don''t mind at all. The stone we found with the help of a jeweler in Austin (where we live
4.gif
). The company is Avant Guarde, and he actually ordered the band and the head in separately to try the double prong look (at our request). He used a really thick princess cut head and slit the thick prongs down the sides if that makes sense. I would have preferred more "claw-like" prongs, but the jeweler tried hard and did the best he could. I had already asked him to lower the setting a few times and thought that I was becoming a crazy person over it anyway. I''ve had the ring a month before I put it on here, and in that time those prongs have grown on me.

Thank you again everyone.

ringsetting22.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, classic ring!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 10:57:42 PM
tberube - Yes I mean it.

I gave the FI 4 pictures of 'ideas' for rings for the stone shape. Yours was one, and Dani's was the other from here. I said not to completely copy them of course, but that those are what I like.
31.gif

He wants to make my ring into a 3 stone, but I would like to keep it the way it is for awhile. If I changed it at all it would be similar to yours.

I got lucky and he enjoyed the jewelry shopping and buying process. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Wow...that's so cool! FI is flattered, that the ring he gave me has inspired someone else! I think your hubby to be did a DARN fantastic job, as that is ONE beauty!! those double prongs are to-die-for...I've actually considered having my prongs redone into double claws like yours. Yummo!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results