shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant or Asscher shared prong eternity bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have pictures of radiant or asscher shared prong eternity bands? I don''t even know what total carat weight to be considering. What''s the smallest a jeweler would even set in a shared prong style?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Did you think of this after seeing Canuck-gal's amazing Daniel K asscher eternity? Isn't it perfection??

Laurenthepartier also has a nice white sapphire asscher eternity.

The thing with asschers as an eternity is that the stones have to be large enough for the cut corners to be relevant. Most smaller asscher-type eternity band are carre-cut, which is a step cut without cropped corners (so no windmills).

I know I've seen a couple of great radiant eternity bands on PS as well, and they were larger in carat weight, too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eternity6.JPG

I am humbled by NEL very kind words (altho it isn''t Daniel K, but no matter!!!). Here is a picture.

And link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/

cheers--Sharon

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
NEL- believe it or not I started the topic JUST before the gorgeous band was posted over on the Musey topic! The other day I tried on about three eternity bands at one local jeweler and didn't like a single one. It really has me worried! Fortunately I have a year before my wedding still. phew!
28.gif

Anyway, I don't have much to spend on a band so if I don't find anything I like with my ering, I know I'll be happy with a plain band for now.

But I LOVE Lauren's idea of doing white sapphires!! What a great idea!

Miranda- I think your suggestion is great, thanks! It looks like the facets one is probably my most reasonable option. I like the one that is 1.50 cts. I'm going to have to scour the local stores to try something similar on to see it in person. I just don't even know what 1.50 cts will look like next to an ering.

Thanks everyone!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love that band too. I would probably get something like that to wear with your e-ring, only b/c those shared prong asscher and radiant eternity bands always end up being pretty large (b/c they have to use certain size stones for the band to make it look appropriate). So, they actually end up looking better when worn on their own, IMO. But if you plan on wearing your rings together, I would get something thinner like the band you posted, either with baguettes, or even a thin shared prong band with round diamonds to contrast against the asscher. I think that would look great too....I wear a pave band with my EC solitaire, and I think the contrast in sparkle is just FAB!!!!

You need to go try on some things in person to see what you prefer....Good luck!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Canuk-gal, so sorry! I think I just had Daniel K in my head for some reason!

I drool over your asscher band every time I see it, it''s definitley in my "one day I shall have it!" folder!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Dani, very good advice. thanks! I agree entirely. I''ll go try on in person and if nothing looks right, I''ll get a plain band now (love the look of a plain band!) and save up for an eternity later on.
2.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
THIS is a nice band that complements an asscher -- I''ve tried it on with mine and it complements it nicely without taking away from the e-ring.

Good luck!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
LWD- thanks for the great suggestion! I can''t wait to go out and start trying on! I can''t get wedding dresses and wedding bands out of my head! It''s all I see when I close my eyes! so fun!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the band you posted! That''s what I would go with!

My white sapphire band if Carre cut, without clipped corners, and it''s pretty big. I can''t possibly wear another ring with it because it''s so thick.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, for reference, here is my band.

original.aspx

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
There it is!! GORGEOUS! do you have any hand shots for reference? Do you mind me asking how many points those are? Did you have it made?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for asschers, they are so stunning!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
IIRC, the total weight is ~3.80 ct. in sapphires, and there are 19 stones, so ~.20 each? It's a size 4.75.

My jeweler had a bunch of these sitting in his vault, and I took everyone one I could because I was so enamoured with CG's ring. I went with double prongs and not shared prongs, though I wish I had gone with shared.

Here is a hand-shot.

original.aspx

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Wow! These are all so gorgeous!! Thanks for the hand pic, Lauren. I think I''ll have to hold off for a while and save up. I''ll appreciate it more that way, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results