shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchases from Jared''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone purchased a ring from Jared''s? If so, can you post picture?

Also, were you able to negotiate a better price by comparing to online dealers? I''m not comfortable making online purchases. I like to see the purchase before making it. I was doing research and found that the diamond we were looking into was about $800 cheaper on bluenile.com. I was just wondering if I would be able to haggle a little by showing them the research
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
There is no reason you can''t haggle if your paying cash :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just do a search here on Jared''s...most people''s experiences have not been wonderful. Where are you? Maybe there is a middle ground, aka a great vendor who is close by? Just a suggestion...I''d hate to see you get ripped off at Jared''s. And make sure the cut quality is the same when comparing prices!!! You want to absolute best cut you can get for your $...cut=sparkle!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
I purchased from Jared''s! You will find this is a big taboo subject on this site, but I have been more than happy with them. With that said, though, you have to know that your diamond will most likely be certified by IGI if you buy from them and you should expect the diamond to be around 2 grades lower on color and maybe 1 lower on clarity (this is just a number placed on it...the most important thing to know is that the diamond will most likely be different color/clarity if you decide to have it appraised on a GIA scale). As a newbie to the diamond world, I fretted over IGI vs GIA and what everone''s opinion was on Jared and if I was going to get ripped off, etc. But in the end, I found a statement on the page that was actually the inspiration for my custom ring that said "I don''t buy diamonds as an investment, I buy them to wear forever". So, if you are planning on having this diamond forever (as I suspect you are if this is for an ering), then just educate yourself a little bit, go in there and pick one out that looks good to you.

As far as our price for the diamond went, we paid what seemed to be a fantastic deal based on an IGI scale, but once we got our diamond appraised, it turned out to be exactly what we would have paid for the GIA certification color/clarity online. So, we got a decent deal. We paid what we would have paid for that color/clarity online and our appraiser told us that we had a fantastic cut diamond (and it sparkles like CRAZY!). Oh, and my ring appraised for exactly what we paid for it, so I say that at the end of the day, we did good. My custom ring

A little more for you....
We had a custom ring made at Jared and I have to tell you that I liked them a lot! The process was a little longer (5 wks total) than I think it would have been at a smaller jewelry store, but you have to remember that Jared is a large retailer with a lot of customers, so the jewelers had a ton of work to do. I will say, though, that the customer service in the New Orleans store was really good and I enjoyed working with them!

Sorry if I went on and on, but I think that you have to decide what is best for you and not listen to everyone else that will bash B&M stores. Yes, I agree that you have to educate yourself on IGI certifications and know that you might know a little more about the diamond than some of the salespeople, but it is a good place that has stayed in business by selling diamonds and I certainly don''t think they are selling diamonds that are ALL bad.

Good luck with your search and go with what you like!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I forgot to mention that we tried to haggle prices and they told us that they have a no negotiation policy...the price you see is the price you pay. But I don''t know if you show them your paperwork if they will work with you. It doesn''t hurt to ask...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just make sure you spend some time looking at rings in other jewelery stores so you have a frame of reference.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you decided to go with a B&M store....take a look at Hearts on Fire stones. they come with AGS report.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I bought my ring (and my husbands band) from Jared''s, and I loved them. The prices are steep compared to other places, but if you are just looking to buy a setting they are very affordable. I bought my setting and put my own diamond in it, and I have never seen anyone else with this particular setting, it''s very unique. The people I worked with were very helpful and pleasant, and they knew their stuff. They also sell what they call the Peerless diamonds now, which are ideal cut. Expensive compared to, say, Whiteflash, but very pretty.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
You can see my setting here.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
My nephew works at Jared''s and he''s informed me that they will not negotiate the prices - they are firm. I went to my local B&M to buy my stone as I didn''t feel comfortable buying an EC without looking at several of them side by side. I went armed with an internet listing of prices and I feel that I got a good enough deal. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results