shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if it will show up clearly on this pic but President Sarkozy committed a faux pas wearing his black tie - a noticeable belt to be exact. An eagle-eyed poster on another board pointed this out in amazed disbelief! Quel horreur! The end of civilization must be near if a man from France does not know how to wear formal evening clothes!

stdinsb.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
LadyA I was in Munich over the weekend and the headlines on the gossip mags were about Prince Mary of Denmark, saying she may lose the crown due to scandal? I didn't get a chance to pick them up and peruse further but I was wondering if you knew what that was all about? Nothing probably, I'm sure, these were some of those particularly trashy type mags. She looked stunning in the photos on the cover though, wearing her ruby parure
30.gif

The Sarkozys' visit to London got serious media coverage over here. There was one hilarious cover with a close-up of Carla Bruni's feet and the Queen's as they were sitting side by side - comparing the practical shoes on the one hand with the glamorous high heels on the other! Carla did look fabulous in all the news segments I saw. My Dad even looked up from his dinner and asked "who's she???"
2.gif

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Princess Michael of Kent wearing Princess Marina''s diamond and pearl festoon tiara, and some gumdrop-sized emerald earrings and brooch.

stdinprmic.jpg

emeraldeyes

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I''m not sure what the purpose of that band is - definitely takes away from the overall look. Maybe it is tape and she''s just trying to avoid a wardrobe malfunction.
I like the way the shape of the lace around the top of the neckline is echoed in the tiara.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2008 12:14:17 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 4/7/2008 11:37:04 AM

Author: emeraldeyes

The Duchess of Cornwall wears the Boucheron honeycomb tiara that Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother inherited from the estate of Mrs. Greville along with a collet necklace also from QEQM.

Camilla looks pretty Queenly herself in this photo.

SDL-

Are you getting soft on the Duchess of Cornwall? ;-)

Deb
34.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 1:27:19 PM
Date: 4/7/2008 12:21:31 PM

Princess Michael of Kent wearing Princess Marina''s diamond and pearl festoon tiara, and some gumdrop-sized emerald earrings and brooch.

Great jewels but oh my stars wth is she doing with her neck?!!! LOL Her dress would have been lovely except for that ribbon that looks like a wide strip of masking tape around her shoulders..

Great jewels but oh my stars wth is she doing with her neck?!!! LOL Her dress would have been lovely except for that ribbon that looks like a wide strip of masking tape around her shoulders..

I know that does look weird! But I wonder if the lace wouldn''t stand up and some bright (not) seamstress added the ribbon.
Horrors!

HerbiePie

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh, you ladies never cease to amaze me! This is fabulous. Thanks for all the info., and the pics of Diana, it is so wonderful to see her again.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I think that tiara/crown is my all-time fav....

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the thread hijack, but SanDiegoLady, that's a beautiful picture of you in your new avatar. Just wow. I bet you would look great in a lot of this jewelry! Sorry, but I had to say it.
17.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2008 6:51:41 AM
Author: Imdanny
Sorry for the thread hijack, but SanDiegoLady, that''s a beautiful picture of you in your new avatar. Just wow. I bet you would look great in a lot of this jewelry! Sorry, but I had to say it.
17.gif
I agree, to quote the lady herself - OH MY STARS!!
emstar.gif
she looks gorgeous!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
San Diego lady,
Thanks for the fun pictures!The 1940s-60s van cleef and arpels ballerina pin is a classic style from this jeweler.Ive never seen any of the royals wear this style of pin before.The princess Maxima is a beautiful woman and has great taste.The earrings are great but i dont care for the pins on the pink.I dont know what to say about the last picture and that"hat"...the choker is very nice example of an edwardian pearl and diamond plaque choker.Sent more pictures when you have time!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 11:56:43 PM
I.. well.. I.. I just don't know WHAT to say about this.. but.. uh.. the choker is lovely.
23.gif
23.gif

Think she lost a bet?
9.gif

PS: Thanks so much for digging up pictures for us, SDL!! Much appreciated! I do love this thread.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2008 11:51:03 PM
This is a cute little ruby and sapphire ballerina that Camilla wore on April 28th..
Camilla looks like she has a satellite/ planet stuck to her noggin...
32.gif
FIRE
29.gif
her dresser!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2008 11:57:33 PM
Ok.. I forgot to attach.. doy.
......This one....well....
23.gif
...This is about the most ridiculous chapeau I have ever seen, putting it as charitably as I can....
14.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 8:08:17 AM
Author: Lorelei

23.gif
...This is about the most ridiculous chapeau I have ever seen, putting it as charitably as I can....
14.gif
I do believe this is a publicity photo for the new "Cirque du Soleil: Royal Edition" where the royals do ever so silly things whilst wearing ever so silly hats. What? It could happen...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 6:11:01 PM
Author: surfgirl

23.gif
14.gif
I do believe this is a publicity photo for the new ''Cirque du Soleil: Royal Edition'' where the royals do ever so silly things whilst wearing ever so silly hats. What? It could happen...
Oh my goodness
lol.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 6:11:01 PM
Author: surfgirl

23.gif
14.gif

I do believe this is a publicity photo for the new ''Cirque du Soleil: Royal Edition'' where the royals do ever so silly things whilst wearing ever so silly hats. What? It could happen...

SURFGIRL-- You said it best! LOLOL (at work trying not to burst out into laughter) I might have to go out into the hall--LOL!
SanDiegoLady--- lol! thanks for the pic!
9.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
That hat makes SJPs look normal :)

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know I haven''t disappeared totally. My Mom had a recurrence of breast cancer and had to have a mastectomy and is undergoing chemo right now. She is doing really well! But as you can imagine, it got rather busy and frantic around here for awhile. I promise I will get back to posting soon!! For now I just wanted to let you guys all know that I hadn''t forgotten about the Royal Jewels.
9.gif

Someone thoughtfully emailed me to check on me. I don''t know who it was but thanks for thinking of me!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey ho LadyA...nice to see you again and sorry about your mom, but glad to hear she''s doing better!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Lady A,
SO GOOD to have you back on the forum.Its good to hear that your mom is well.Now lets get down to the business of talking royal jewels!We have missed your posts and pics!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Lady A,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother''s illness. I hope that you and she will quickly get through the roughest part of the treatment and get an excellent prognosis. My thoughts are with you both during this difficult time.

I am just glad to "hear your voice" and to know that you will be returning to Pricescope one day. It was not knowing why you had left that worried me. I thought, perhaps, that you had left us forever. We missed you.

Take care of yourself so that you can remain healthy as you help your mother.

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
LA- So sorry! Keeping your family in my prayers!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LadyA - you were greatly missed by the folks here! Thanks for stopping in to let us know you''re OK! Glad to hear that your mom is doing well, of course all of us will keep her in our thoughts.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
LadyA - so sorry to hear that! Please let us know how things go.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyA, I''m so sorry to hear about your Mom. I''m sending my most positive thoughts her way so that she recovers completely and quickly! Don''t forget to take care of yourself during this trying time as well!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers for your Mom''s recovery, Lady A.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
LadyA, good to hear from you! I''m sorry to hear about what your mother (and the rest of your family) are going through, but am very glad to hear she is doing well! We will be thinking of you and your family! Take care!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of us were concerned about you, LadyA! I am thankful you reported in about your mother. I am so sorry to hear that and pray that she has a full and rapid recovery!

susi

Shiny_Rock
LadyA, sending you and your Mom PINK RIBBON hugs.
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results