shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Freke!! Need Gold Strappy Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
...for my new dress. The picture doesn''t do it justice. It is longer on me and hits right at the sweet spot below my knees. The little belt buckle has gold in it. SanDiegoLady says I need gold strappy sandals and gold ball drop earrings.

Bring it on Freke...
31.gif

220462_2414mynewdress.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Size and budget? And gold strappies are what I would wear with it too!

ETA: heel height?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok miracles!! Here goes nothing. Some of these are less strappy than others, but I tried to stick with a darker/ sometimes more bronze-y gold color. Just because I think a light/soft gold would get lost amongst the gorgeous olive of the dress.

Oh yeah, and I didn''t stay within any budget constraints-so when you check this, feel free to fill me in.
Nine West Accolia, I love these, I own them myself (in Natural glitter-almost coppery), but not the most comfy things-but very pretty and delicate, about 3 inch heels, on sale for $50

Ok, I''ve been eyeing these for a while, Nine West, rich gold, thick vamp and ankle straps, 3+ inches, $90

About the same color as the last ones-more strappy, $130 4 inch heel with a platform

I''m trying to post fast because it''s almost bedtime here, so don''t mind my typos!!

Softer gold, but I like the shape-perhaps not for your dress, but posted them anyway, 3.5 inches on sale for $103

Gold Strappy-only in whole sizes, $95 Luichiny

Strap across ankle, peep toe, d''Orsay, $130, 3.5 inches

Anne Klein $255 Gold Strappy about 3 inches

4.5 inch heel + platform, but my fave, I think, $89, stacked wooden heel (don''t know if it''s too casual!)

2.5 inches, softer gold, I like the shape again, $86

Bronze, 3.5 + platform, $79

The lone Wedge. Ultra metallic, will totally get noticed, cutouts-not so strappy-but the same effect. 3.5 inches. $199

I think the thing to keep in mind (at least I do) is that with Metallics, you can wear them again and again. I have about 11 pairs of silver shoes-and two of them are my go to shoes when I don''t know what else to wear. But its great because they go with everything as long as I''m wearing silvertone jewelry.

Anyway, let me know your budget, heel height, and size, and I''ll get more into it. These were just the ones that stood out to me on my first run. Oh yeah! And what you''d be wearing it for!!
9.gif

I still hope you see something though!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You are so awesome Freke!!
I am going to be late for my weekly meeting with my boss because I was logging in to look at the shoes. D''oH

I love, love, love the first pair. But you said that weren''t that comfy. Boo...I don''t want to be in pain.
I love the 3rd and 4th pair too. I love all of them really, just not for this dress. I love the chunky ones and might get those edgier ones too, just because they are so hot.

But alas, my favorite pair was the the last Anne Klein and they were too bronzy. But I LOVE those shoes and are going to get them in the silver too. I don''t have any silver heels.

I am a size 8, budget under $200 would be appreciated.
22.gif

Okay, gotta get in the shower. Happy Birthday to me...I can''t stink on my birfday!

I love you Freke!!!!!!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Happy Birthday Miracles!!!!! (It's not good to stink on your birthday!)

I'm glad you liked some of them!! I'm thinking that part of the reason my Accolia's are uncomfortable is because they're covered in glitter and it's pokey. I don't have much time to look this afternoon because I'm going to my mom's house, but tonight or tomorrow I'll get down into it.

Here's mine:

DSCF5467.JPG

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh SDL, I really like those last ones. So dainty and classy. I am definately ordering those.

I went to DSW and fell in love with a pair of gold strappy shoes, but they didn''t have them in my size. Boo. I tried to squeeze into a pair 1/2 size smaller but my big toe didn''t cooperate and stuck out too far. I am not comprising on the image that you planted in my mind. It''s perfect.
30.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Freke,
I found a pair like yours at DSW tonight. You are right, they are scratchy. Pretty though...very pretty.

I find that the older I get, the more balance I need between cute and comfy. For me, that just means lowering my standards from a 4 1/2 inch to a 3 inch.
31.gif

If I face plant, I want to fall from a shorter distance, even if it''s only an inch or so.
9.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Had to throw in some Carlos heels... they are so gorgeous I wish I could wear them all the time but my knees can''t take it. I wish he made some kitten heel versions lol... even though they would be less sexy. I really like the pair I linked to- I saw them at Macy''s.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks EmpTorres. Freke has some shoe shopping competition.
31.gif

So, I went to the mall today and it''s no surprise that I couldn''t find any gold strappy sandals that weren''t chunky and clunky.

I did find a cute pair of Charles David''s on sale and put them on hold. They were 1/2 size too big, and the arch just didn''t sit right, but they were promising...and cute.

I can see why all you professional shoppers are a fan of internet shopping. There are far more options and a one has a better chance of getting what they want.

I am going to visit some of the sites y''all linked to, and give it a whirl. It can''t be any more painful that walking a mall and finding little to choose from.

I love all of you.
30.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I hate my typos. I wish I knew how to edit my posts.
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say internet shopping is the way to go. With free shipping to and from-why not? You know?

I''m sorry I haven''t found more Miracles. I just haven''t been feeling the shoe bug for the past couple of days. I have about 5 other searches I said I''d do, and I''ve just been slacking. So in the next couple of days, when I get it back...I''m on it for reals. (Yes I just said for reals.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results