shape
carat
color
clarity

how much are you paying for gas in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20.gif
thanks to those environmentalist we aren''t allow to drill in our own backyard
29.gif
really sad.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
It was $3.97 in NE Ohio yesterday. Which usually runs me about 10 cents less than when I buy it here in Erie. Crazinessss.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I was running on empty yesterday on my way to work. I planned on stopping at a particular station, but as I approached I noticed that Regular was $4.69 so I kept on driving. I later filled up for $4.05 a gallon. I live in West Hollywood, CA.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
$3.79 in NC

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nantucket will hit 5 bucks soon, it''s very close. I feel for the islanders, many can''t afford to live there as it is. And am all for limiting the cars per family. Some idiots bring 3 cars over. All gas guzzeling SUVS. UGHHH. My daughter is there now. The shuttle isn''t up and running yet, so she has to drive to work.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think the gas station around the cornor from my house is the cheepest in town because now there is a line of cars always hanging out there. I filled up my tank yesterday and it was $3.83 a gallon + 45 cents to use my debit card. I live in S. CA.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
$3.74 at Costco in Columbia, MD... but that was 2 days ago.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 8:02:39 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
20.gif
thanks to those environmentalist we aren't allow to drill in our own backyard
29.gif
really sad.

Thanks to the environmentalists, we're not destroying more of our natural resources for a very limited supply of fuel. There are SOOO many other reasons that gas prices are high. At the very least we should be focusing on the corrupt energy market and alternative energy before blaming the fact that we can't drill for the small supply of fuel in our own backyard. We'd tap that out in a matter of a few years, and then be back in the same situation we are in now.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Last week $3.75 in western MA. I spent over $40 to fill up my Malibu.
39.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 8:38:39 PM
Author: Selkie

20.gif
29.gif
really sad.

Thanks to the environmentalists, we're not destroying more of our natural resources for a very limited supply of fuel. There are SOOO many other reasons that gas prices are high. At the very least we should be focusing on the corrupt energy market and alternative energy before blaming the fact that we can't drill for the small supply of fuel in our own backyard. We'd tap that out in a matter of a few years, and then be back in the same situation we are in now.
small ??? we probably have the biggest natural resources in the world,offshore oil,coal and natural gas. with our tech today....we can do it w/o hurting the environment.

ethanol is a big joke. it takes $1.20 to make a $1.00 worth of ethanol,thanks to ethanol any food related to corn has skyrocketed.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
29.gif
really sad.
Wow, you really like controversy!
28.gif
I''m not gonna touch the environmental angle, but, the last time I filled up my gas guzzling SUV that hogs all of the oil it was $3.83 per gallon. I need to fill up tomorrow so we''ll see how much I pay. I wish I''d have filled up last week since gas prices always always always go up around Memorial day and stay up for the summer...In Southern California, anyway.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I am in New Jersey, I believe I saw a station advertising $3.81 for plus today; I paid $3.65 Monday, which is now considered low for the area. I cannot wait for my lease to be up in September as I have an SUV that I always put plus in. It would probably cost me over $80 to fill up! When I fill up, I think about how I could have purchased something else at the mall

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 9:15:36 PM
Author: Miranda

20.gif
29.gif
really sad.
Wow, you really like controversy!
28.gif
I'm not gonna touch the environmental angle, but, the last time I filled up my gas guzzling SUV that hogs all of the oil it was $3.83 per gallon. I need to fill up tomorrow so we'll see how much I pay. I wish I'd have filled up last week since gas prices always always always go up around Memorial day and stay up for the summer...In Southern California, anyway.
Ditto!!!
28.gif
Okay we paid $3.80 the other day. I think it is more complicated than blaming the environmentalists; I don't have a side but I think it goes deeper than just that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here just north of Seattle at AMPM, it''s around $3.60 or $3.80 for the lowest grade unleaded. . . I''m not even sure of the exact amount and try NOT to look at how much I''m being charged. Some of the other stations are over $4.

Oh, FWIW, my husband is selling his truck! We no longer need it and cannot even afford to pay the hundreds a week it costs to fuel it up.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
live near Chicago-$4.19 here-WAY more expensive in the city
20.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 9:14:44 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 5/22/2008 8:38:39 PM
Author: Selkie

20.gif
29.gif
really sad.

Thanks to the environmentalists, we''re not destroying more of our natural resources for a very limited supply of fuel. There are SOOO many other reasons that gas prices are high. At the very least we should be focusing on the corrupt energy market and alternative energy before blaming the fact that we can''t drill for the small supply of fuel in our own backyard. We''d tap that out in a matter of a few years, and then be back in the same situation we are in now.
small ??? we probably have the biggest natural resources in the world,offshore oil,coal and natural gas. with our tech today....we can do it w/o hurting the environment.

ethanol is a big joke. it takes $1.20 to make a $1.00 worth of ethanol,thanks to ethanol any food related to corn has skyrocketed.
It could be the weak dollar or that fact that oil companies are posting record profits. I think the fact that Exon Mobil made $36.13 billion last year is a much bigger cause of oil prices than the relatively small reserves in Alaska. There were major programs to make synthetic oil to fix this problems in the 80s but the oil companies dropped their prices until the synthetics were forced out of business, again, not enviromentalists, oil companies.

I do agree on ethanol though. It is expensive, pollutes, and takes food away from people and animals. The UN has called Ethanol a crime against humanity for that reason and whil I would''nt go that far,

You seem to lik these threads, but I don''t think you will find too many other libertarians on here, there is a reason it is such a minority viewpoint.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
why don''t you guys send me some cheap gas?...cost me $50 bucks to fill up my daughter''s Honda Civic.
29.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 9:29:06 PM
why don''t you guys send me some cheap gas?...cost me $50 bucks to fill up my daughter''s Honda Civic.
29.gif
Try $75+ for my husband''s truck.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
29.gif
really sad.
Dancing Fire, have you ever read an online blog called Watts Up With That?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 9:50:04 PM
Author: LAJennifer

20.gif
29.gif
really sad.
Dancing Fire, have you ever read an online blog called Watts Up With That?
nope!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 9:41:13 PM
Author: MC

Date: 5/22/2008 9:29:06 PM
29.gif
Try $75+ for my husband''s truck.
yeah, i''m looking at $75 for my 18 gal tank Toyota truck. when i bought the truck back in 2001 i remember filling it up for under $20.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 9:25:05 PM
Author: Blair138
live near Chicago-$4.19 here-WAY more expensive in the city
20.gif

Tell me about it -- I live 7 blocks from the Sears Tower!!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Dancingfire I am not going to touch you on your "environmentalist" thoughts. However I do agree with you on you thought about ethanol being a joke.

Selkie you have very eloquently wrote what I think.

Also here in south Florida we are paying $4.08
23.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do full serve 93 (which is what is recommended by Range Rover) and it is 4.00 per gallon in some stations. It is INSANE.

If these were diamond sizes we would be happy!

I think we need alternative fuel, and, in the meantime, we need to be able to get some from Brazal and Alaska in ways that are more environmentally friendly. I think we also need to come up with cars that are of a decent size to allow for carpooling and safety but that use less gas and are not as polluting to our air. Easier said than done, I know.

sera

Ideal_Rock
$3.97 here in L.A. County. I think I better fill up tomorrow morning rather than wait until the weekend.
29.gif

Yesterday I saw a used Vespa scooter for sale on my way home from work- figured I would stop this morning and see the price... it''s gone. I should have stopped when I saw it. I''ve been seeing a few of those little electric golf cart type things around.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, there is a guy I heard about somewhere in the US who IS drilling in his yard. I think it is in Indiana...he has ten acres and somehow knew from the past that there was potentially oil to be had there. I think he put in a well for $100,000.00 and gets about 4 barrels a day currently. Thinks it will become profitable in the future...and plans to drill for more.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We''re tapping plenty of our available, accessible petroleum reserves: DOE domestic crude stats and maps. Have you ever driven through Texas or Southern California? Seen the oil drilling rigs offshore of SoCal? So a blanket statement that "environmentalists" are single-handedly responsible for preventing drilling our backyard is just false and overdramatic. I was assuming you were referring to the Arctic NWR.

I completely agree that ethanol is not the answer, both for the energy it takes to produce and the subsidies it''s basically an excuse for giving big farm corporations. Neither are hydrogen fuel cells. Both have hidden production costs. However, there are many other options out there. Also, there''s no reason car companies can''t produce more fuel efficient cars. Why not subsidize them to do that in US factories, and at the same time promote American-based manufacturing?

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Over four dollars (Alabama) for the premium that I have to put in my Celica! I never thought that I would see the day that it took over 60 to fill my tank. Thank goodness for the 30+mpg I get!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i''m surprised. it''s $3.99-$4.15 here in detroit, and we are usually not quite as how as some other places (CA, NY, etc).

all i can say is i''m SO happy that i got rid of my Jeep and got a ford focus!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in Canada, so the prices are quoted by litres, but it now costs over $70 to fill my SUV or my infiniti! But booming oil equals boom time in Alberta, so let the good times roll!! (ducking for cover).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results