shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous experiences with Dan @ ERD, and Holloway Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
My partner and I picked up my engagement ring this morning and we are absolutely thrilled, delighted, knocked over (in a good way) with the result!

We bought a loose emerald cut stone from Engagement Rings Direct, and had the pleasure of having Dan Gillen help us out. We were quite nervous about the online buying process (not the technicalities - just choosing a stone) and he nursed us through like a champion. I sent him countless questions every day; all were answered promptly and good-naturedly. I received emails from him at all sorts of hours - I worked out that he was sending me emails anytime between 6am and 9pm, New York time. We are in Australia, so this was fabulous from our perspective, and we felt very much like our diamond search was important, although relatively modest.

In the end we chose a stone and it was shipped in record time. On its arrival it blew us away - it was so much better than we had even dared imagine! I sent an email to Dan to this effect, who replied, "I am so pleased - but secretly expected it!". We are so grateful for his help and we can now see in hindsight just how patient he was, and that even though he knew we were on a winner, he never laboured the point in order to give us space to think about it.

We then went to Holloway Diamonds (also known as "Chez Garry"!) to have the stone set. The process was exactly as I felt it should be - respectful, no-fuss, friendly, unrushed and always with our perspective in mind. Some good jokes thrown in for good measure too ;-)

The finished product is exactly what I wanted, only better! I know Dan is fairly new to ERD so I felt that it would be useful to post our experiences with him, and of course I wanted to put in a word for HD, where we felt so well-looked after.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results