shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone help me find a stone like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
I have a solitaire solstice setting with an integrated head that I want to wear as a RHR. It will hold a 7mm round stone

I don't know anything about gemstones, but I have been looking at PS all day, and I want something that is a rich purple pink red (picture attached for a better idea of the color I"m thinking of, but i"m flexible!) and one that sparkles, not opaque. Can someone help me find something like it, or post some sites where I can go look? I don't even know where to start, especially since I'm so open to ideas & what the gemstone can be.

this picture is a rhodolite garnet, but the only one I found is too small for my setting & I have no idea where else to go to look for more! thank you
9.gif

126441158_o.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Have a look at artcutgems.com

I''m in the process of buying a Royal Rhodolite from Richard there.

I would definitely go with garnet, you could get a sapphire or a spinel in that shade but you''d have to do some searching and it would be less likely to be found in a round.

COT

Rough_Rock
Hi...

You might find a garnet of that color. You might also look at rubellite tourmaline as an alternative.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the site & different names of stones it could be.
I also love the pale pinkish tourmaline.

I''ve been searching all day, my eyes hurt & I have a headache from searching so much! I can''t seem to find anything that will fit
7.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 10:44:23 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Here are some popular gemstone sites:

thank you a million times!!!! Off to search some more
9.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love the colour of the stone
36.gif
how wonderful!
Wish you the best of luck.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is pretty dark and probably not the best quality, but it''s 7mm and a rhodolite garnet.

garnet-only $15.48

I''m still looking...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd check out rubelite too. Its a pretty cool color, a little bit lighter than rhodolite. Seems to be pretty rare on the sites, but I think if you found one that's calibrated...

rubelite info on multicolor

ETA: I wouldn't cut out spinel or sapphire either. Spinel or Sapphire

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
I love the spinel, sapphire & rebelite you posted. So pretty! I''m very happy some of these are so cheap! I was hoping to spend less than $200 for the stone & I wasn''t sure if I''d be able to or not.

I think you''re right though, the garnet is too dark. I wonder how much smaller the stone can be than 7mm? I should probably call a jeweler, or does anyone know?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, but someone out there does I''m sure. I''ve found some that are a bit smaller than 7mm that are pretty close to the color you''re looking for (of course I have no idea where I found those because I''ve looked at every gem site on the internet tonight.
14.gif

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 12:04:38 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I don''t know, but someone out there does I''m sure. I''ve found some that are a bit smaller than 7mm that are pretty close to the color you''re looking for (of course I have no idea where I found those because I''ve looked at every gem site on the internet tonight.
14.gif

aw thanks! I really appreciate your help
9.gif

COT

Rough_Rock
Error

COT

Rough_Rock
Here are two rubellites I found that look very much like the stone you posted. They are nicely priced also

Rubellite 1

Rubellite 2

I think the second one is almost a near perfect match to your picture.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
With artcutgems, its well worth contacting Richard direct. The stone I'm buying wasn't on his website. I explained what I was looking for and he sent me details of a couple of stones he had just cut. He had some rounds then.

All the stones I have ever bought have been through talking to vendors not off websites strangely!

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
thanks again for everyone's help! I ended up with this one. We'll see how it looks once I get it. I may be on the hunt again if the luster is poor or if the color is off. I don't know....I'm thinking a pale pink would be even more lovely lol! I will update :)

1.77 Carat ROUND NATURAL PURPLISH RED RHODOLITE GARNET.

Quantity: 1 piece.
Weight: 1.77 Carat.
Gem Type: 100% Natural Rhodolite Garnet.
Shape: Round.
Size in millimeter: 7.0 Length. 7.0 Width. 4.7 Deep.
Color: Purplish Red.
Clarity: V S.
Luster: Good.
Origin: Africa.
Treatment: Unheated, Untreated.
Hardness: 7.0.
Refractive Index: 1.740 to 1.770.
Specific Gravity: 3.74 to 3.94.

GNR022-069-016-1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did you find it?

PGemcutter

Rough_Rock
Doesn''t look to be the best cut stone. A small window, and uneven faceting.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
I got my stone yesterday. It is absolutely stunning! I had no idea they could be so beautiful! It looks like a ruby but it sparkles like mad! It''s more red than pink, but I love it because it is just drop dead gorgeous. I am thrilled and can''t wait to get it set! I''ll post pics once it''s set!

I got it from
ThaiGemStore

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not post pics now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results