shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find an eternity band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! I am looking for a really thin diamond eternity band to wear stacked with my plain 2.5mm WG wedding band, and my 2.5mm e-ring (WF legato sleek line). Some day, I want to have two bands, one to wear either side of my e-ring.

I really like this signed pieces one: http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2173 (see picture): it is 1.5mm wide and 1.7mm thick. But it is platinum and my rings are WG... is this a problem since my other rings are WG?

If you know of any other sources for very thin eternity bands in WG, please let me know! It's really important to me that the ring be the same thickness (i.e. elevation off the finger) as my e-ring, which is only 1.8mm, so this limits my choices quite a bit!

PS: My budget is under $1000 please!

Thanks in advance!

dreamerfacets.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
dd-
i know this is $600 above budget, but have you seen the Tiffany Metro band? it looks super thin.

i have a platinum eternity band, and i wear it next to my wg rings (not all the time, but once in a while) and haven''t had any problems so far...

you might want to call pearlman''s and see how much they charge for a memoire band in wg. the 1ctw in plat. is $3995 (although i''m pretty sure they''ll be able to offer a better price than that). it looks like they can have the bands made starting at .50ctw.

i know i''m not much help in terms of sticking to your budget, but i guess i was never very good at that!
11.gif

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
I got this ring as my wedding band.
http://shopping.schubachstore.com/index?search=8809
Its not eternity but its so pretty and very sparkly. I love it so much I''m having them make me a setting to match it for a new ering. The stones are a G''s vs1. Probably not exactly what you''re looking for but the price is in your budget.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Lauren Klein has inexpensive eternity bands in gold...I''m not sure though.

But just FYI, it is true that you are not supposed to wear gold and plat together long term because the gold can wear down the platinum which is so much softer. Short term it''ll just scratch it, but long term it isn''t a good idea.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone... I think I really need to stay under $1000 for this one. This has been an expensive jewellry year for me
31.gif
and I can maybe squeeze a little more, but not too much more!

Neatfreak: I think I am going to try to track down something like the SP one in WG. Pearlman''s has one, but when I see pictures, no other brands seem to have the same quality (teensy prongs etc.) as the SP ones.

Oh well, the looking is fun too!

disney777

Rough_Rock
Look at this from Ross-Simons. http://www.ross-simons.com/products/029684.html

I wanted something thin, as my band is fairly thick. I got 2 so I could wear them on both sides of my main ring. It''s light, but it does the job. I thought the band was a little sharp/uncomfortable on the inside at first, but I got used to it quickly. Like a halo around a center stone, it really makes my ring pop.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2 of the tiny Signed Pieces eternity bands in platinum...and they are lovely! I''m pretty sure that they have a WG version of it if you request it!

I''m pretty active, and I worried about how the little thin bands would stand up, but they are problem free and beautiful and I''ve been wearing them constantly for over a year! My local jeweler said that they were very well made!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I couldn''t resist going for a stroll through the Ross Simmons site that disney777 linked to:

http://www.ross-simons.com/products/121670.html

Seems pretty close to what you''re looking for, though somewhat pricier than the one disney777 originally linked to! The SP one really seems to be your ideal, and looking at the narrow price difference between these two makes me think it would definitely be worth contacting SP to see if they could go custom on this to make one for you in WG, to match your wedding set & maybe adjust the price of materials a tad ....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for your responses... after looking at the Ross ones, and looking at Tawn''s pics, I think that SP is the way to go. I have just e-mailed them to ask about WG. I don''t imagine it will change the price, since the price difference between WG and platinum for 1.7g of metal is probably like $50!

Let''s see what they say!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I have a thin bead set eternity from SP that I was lucky enough to get for a great price during one of their clearance sales a while back. It has held up beautifully and I love it!

Did you say you may eventually upgrade your diamond and setting? If so, will you stick with white gold or eventually do you want plat? If plat, I would definitely get the SP band in plat. I don''t think wearing the plat band next to wg e-ring will wear it down too much in the short term (although, I''d ask to be sure.)

If you want something really inexpensive, I ordered one from Overstock once. It was not bad! I ended up returning it, but it was a pretty good looking ring in WG for about $300.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It will be interesting to see if it''s possible, and what the difference would be. Also, for an alternative ... have you looked in their "maternity" section? They have pink and blue sapphires in the shared prong setting in WG for half the price ....

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2511

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 2:19:30 PM
Author: TanDogMom
I have a thin bead set eternity from SP that I was lucky enough to get for a great price during one of their clearance sales a while back. It has held up beautifully and I love it!

Did you say you may eventually upgrade your diamond and setting? If so, will you stick with white gold or eventually do you want plat? If plat, I would definitely get the SP band in plat. I don''t think wearing the plat band next to wg e-ring will wear it down too much in the short term (although, I''d ask to be sure.)

If you want something really inexpensive, I ordered one from Overstock once. It was not bad! I ended up returning it, but it was a pretty good looking ring in WG for about $300.
This is a very good point... I really don''t know right now
33.gif
I will keep my current setting for my first upgrade, but I''ll need a new setting at my second upgrade... but I imagine that will be 5 years from now! I think I will see what SP says about WG and then figure it out!

I think I want to save my $$ to get what I really want, because in the past I have skimped and gotten something I wasn''t totally happy with, and I''ve found that not being 100% happy with it makes it a waste of money for me. But thanks for your help!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 2:36:31 PM
Author: Circe
It will be interesting to see if it's possible, and what the difference would be. Also, for an alternative ... have you looked in their 'maternity' section? They have pink and blue sapphires in the shared prong setting in WG for half the price ....

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2511
You know, I just might think about that... it would be something fun and I could afford it much sooner. Plus my RHR is a sapphire and diamond three-stone... wheels are a-tunin'!! Thanks!

If they make those bands in WG it makes me think they would totally make the diamond bands like that too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results