shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with no diamond knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lippity

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone this is my very first post and I must first comment on how informative I find this forum and how wonderful you diamond gurus are in answering posts and questions people pose. Per the subject line I have absolutely no prior knowledge of diamonds.
20.gif
My partner decided to put a deposit on a ring, however it was nothing like what I would like ... he did however have the foresight to get his deposit back in the event it was something I wasn''t happy with. I decided to do a little research and the deeper I delve the more confused I become. My understanding is the CUT takes precedence. We have a budget of around $5,000 in total, I am after a White Gold Solitaire, between .85 and 1 carat. There are so many wonderful blings out there the confusion kicks in when I am trying to choose between the best value without sacrificing the quality and look. Is it best to go for a higher clarity or better color? Have had a ball on the James Allen website, this appeals to me as I can actually see what it is I have built. With no knowledge it is very difficult for me to envision something by reading the descriptions. If anyone can steer me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results