shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s 35th Anniversary Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I posted in Rocky Talk about a month ago saying that my dad has finally decided to give my mom an upgrade from her "diamond cluster" engagement ring that cost him $175 exactly 35 years ago.
On a small budget of $2,000 - we found an AMAAAZING stone at our local jewelers and a great setting also! She likes the "antique" look - but nothing with too much filigree work. She is also not a very flashy person, so I was so excited to find the diamond that we chose!

It''s a .50 ct H&A ideal cut diamond
E/SI1 - completely eyeclean! What a find!

It''s a gorgeous diamond that sparkles in every light! She''s in love with it and was completely shocked!

We found this diamond and setting in white gold and the total price (with tax) was $2,032! Right on budget! We all love it and I''m so happy that she can finally retire the "cluster ring!"

Enjoy! (oh - the ring is a size 7 - and it''s on the only finger that my hand could fit it on!) - and I''m not that great at taking pictures.....

DSCF14559.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock

DSCF1455.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock

DSCF1461.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock

DSCF1466.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock

DSCF1462.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! What a lovely gift for your dad to give your mom!! And so sweet that you helped him!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that milgrain I see? I like the triple prongs. It''s lovely.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! She''ll love it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty! I love the setting! I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 7:08:59 PM
Author: Addy
Is that milgrain I see? I like the triple prongs. It''s lovely.

Thanks! I loved the triple prongs also - I thought it may take away from the diamond - but surprisingly, the triple prongs look lovely and that''s one of my mom''s favorite parts of the ring.

Yes, that is milgrain on the prongs - i love that detail also! I wish I could take better pictures of the ring...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s beautiful. I love the vintage look, and fishtail prongs. Excellent deal too!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats to your folks on such a great milestone, and you are so great to have helped mark the anniversary with a gorgeous new ring - your Mom will doubly love it with all the effort that went into it.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is SO sweet!!! Sometimes I see people on here wanting to get their mom a ring to wear as an e-ring, but I think it is SO much better to help the dad do it! You did great!!!
36.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 7:36:59 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That is SO sweet!!! Sometimes I see people on here wanting to get their mom a ring to wear as an e-ring, but I think it is SO much better to help the dad do it! You did great!!!
36.gif

Aww - thanks diamondseeker! I was just so excited because this was completely my dad''s idea! He called me out of the blue and asked for help - since he''s never bought a diamond before...

It was so cute while we were at the jewelers - he looked through a loupe and had no clue what he was looking at or for! His 57 year old eyes couldn''t see a thing! ha!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a pretty ring, and congratulations to your parents on their 35th anniversary!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleopatra, your mom''s ring is gorgeous and I absolutely adore the setting. It''s just the right amount of "flash" for a "non-flash" person. I bet your parents are both very happy!!!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleopatra, I love your Mom''s ring especially the fishtail prongs and the milgraining! It''s just lovely!!
36.gif
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - great diamond and I love the setting!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really sweet. :) It''s so pretty!!! Looks like a gorgeous stone and I love the setting too! What a nice gift for a special anniversary!!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
AWWWWW,
It''s lovely! Stories like that make me cry! Hurray for happily married parents!
Your dad did a wonderful job.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies :) I just wish I had a better camera! These pics don''t do that stone justice!

I have an engagement ring with a diamond of just over 1 carat, and I find myself swooning over my mom''s new 1/2 carat diamond. It''s just a lovely size and it''s simply stunning! The arrows are so magnificent for such a small stone! I simply love it - and I continually saw her stealing glances at her ring all weekend! I''m just so thrilled that my mom actually has a beautiful ring now!

Thank you all for your comments and well wishes for my parents! I''m so proud of them
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Mom''s new e-ring is lovely. I l
30.gif
ve fishtail settings! My Mom''s e-ring is in it''s original fishtail setting from 1953 and I''m crazy about it.

Happy anniversary to your Mom & Dad!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results