shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me off the list -- I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patient1

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to post this so late, but my now fiance proposed on Wednesday night!!!

Here's the proposal story...

Wednesday was our 6th anniversary and we always go out to eat at the same restaurant, Reed's Jazz and Supper club. Well, my then BF, told me on last Sunday that the restaurant had closed down! (I looked it up, it was true.) So, considering my FI is not a planner, I was sure he was going to find someplace for us to go, but it would be spur of the moment.

So Wednesday comes and he surprises me by taking me to Uchi -- an amazing sushi restaurant in Austin that has one of the world's best sushi chefs (he was on Iron Chef!!). I had never been, but was really excited. We're by no means sushi buffs, but we really like what we've had.

We had an AMAZING dinner!! Probably the best meal of my life... After dinner the waitress brings out two fortune cookies (which I am obsessed with!) I open mine and it reads...

The Dream is about to come true.

I look up and my BF is leaving the booth and starting to stand up, so I figure we are leaving and I stand up with him... He then gently sits me down and kneels in front of me. That's when it hit me... OMG! He's proposing!!!!

He starts to say something, but to be honest -- I had complete tunnel vision! Everything slowed down and I couldn't hear anything... I saw out of the corner of my eye a waitress walk up with a ring box opened!! Then he paused and said, "Will you marry me?"

I must have stared at his face for a good 10 seconds and kept thinking "OMG OMG I'm supposed to say something, I'm supposed to say something" and I said "Yes...." "YES!" I forget how, but he took off my Claddagh ring and placed on my engagement ring. I sat there in the booth to everyone in the restaurant clapping and telling us 'Congratulations'. The whole wait staff was in on it and our waitress brought us out dessert and champagne.

I sat there in disbelief, grinning like an idiot -- going between laughing, crying and feeling like I was going to throw up. I had a heart beat in my feet and I couldn't pull myself together. My now FI just sat there with a soft grin on his face, holding my hand and squeezing it.

My FI is the WORST at hiding things! He's terrible at lying and I can always read him like a book. But not this time... he was SO composed through our looooong dinner. Never once did he appear nervous. Our waitress even said she thought she was more nervous than he was!!

I'm so proud of my FI, he pulled off the perfect proposal. I wouldn't have it any other way... My ring, BTW is GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks again to Katie at WF! I've gotten SO many compliments on how big and white and shiny it is. I couldn't be happier!!

Sorry again for talking so long to share -- between work and spreading the news, it's been a hectic couple days. Thanks again to all who helped us pick out a dream ring and for listening to all my rants...

I'll post more pictures as soon as I can! It's been uncharacteristically cloudy here in Austin, but I'll post what I've taken so far!

ringading2.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
that sounds sooo sweet!!! congratulations
36.gif
beautiful ring!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
awww... i started to tear up as i read your story - so sweet!

more pictures?
1.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Great proposal story and gorgeous ring! We need more photos
emwink.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story!

Congratulations! Your ring is stunning can''t wait for more pics of that beauty
28.gif

Oh and YUM SUSHI! What a perfect evening!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that sounds like it was an awesome proposal!! im such a food network junkie your so lucky!

your ring is beautiful! and CONGRATS on your engagement!!!

patient1

Shiny_Rock
This one almost shows arrows... I''ll take better pics (in better lighting) I promise!

almostarrows patient 1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
This is in dark lighting... it still sparkles!

dark room patient 1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
In the office, dark lighting, but still sparkles!

office dark sparkle patient 1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
The ring it its box... by morning twilight... still shiny!

ringinbox patient1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
at my office, on a piece of paper... the profile shot!

sideview patient 1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
more sparkle!

sparkle 2 patient 1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
and yet even more sparkle.

That''s all for now! I''m going camping for the weekend with some friends from college!! I''ll try and get some nature shots for Monday!

Thanks again for the well wishes and congrats!!!!!

Thank you all so so so much!

sparkle patient1.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah! The ring is a 1.04 carat, I SI1 Expert selection from Whiteflash and the setting is the Whiteflash Tiffany-style setting with six prongs in 18k white gold with a platinum head.

I am an official advocate of I colored stones.... What color?! All is see is white and shine!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
What a great proposal story! And the ring looks so pretty on you! I got so excited when I saw the subject line!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually almost cried a little -- and I''m at work!

Beautiful story, and even more beautiful ring. Or maybe the other way around :)

Congratulations!!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
how sweet...thanks for sharing...and what a great suprise!!!

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! That is a beautiful ring and I cannot believe it''s an I!! Its so white. Lovely. and the proposal... how sweet. I love it that you didn''t expect it at all, I would love to be surprised like that. and gorgeous gorgeous gorgeus ring!!!!!!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Waaa, I have to run off now, but congratulations! I''ll read your story in depth when I get back...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Congrats!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! I really want to eat at that restaurant now that you described your meal as the best meal of your life. But maybe it''s because I''m really hungry at the moment.
2.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

What a sparkler. Wow, amazing stone!

Icy white!!!! Gorgeous.

I love the classic setting, too.

YAY!

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!!! Just lovely!

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Awww what a sweet story! Congrats! Your ring is lovely
1.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Whew, I just came back and read your story. He used the fortune cookie! I can''t believe it! I''m glad that it didn''t happen like in Mickey Blue Eyes
3.gif
That is so sweet! Congratulations!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Such a sweet story and that ring is a STUNNER!
36.gif
30.gif

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
Wow, congrats! The fortune cookie is quite clever. What a lovely story and a beautiful ring!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results