shape
carat
color
clarity

TACORI HT251012X or HT2510 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ash, you will not believe how delicate Tacori settings are in real life! I would urge you to try them on. They will also make any changes (like lowering the diamond) since each ring is custom made.

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
I definitely need to try them on. I''m looking for one as a future engagement ring and my boyfriend knows that I want to pick it out myself since I am very picky about my jewelry and obsessed with detail. I wouldn''t give him a picture before trying them on!!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 9:41:05 AM
Author: ashalauren
I agree, the prongs do look a little bulky...I am really not a fan of noticeable prongs. This is why I really want to see the ring in person and some hand pics of it. If there are parts of it I don''t love, I''ll take the idea and have it custom made maybe. I''m also starting to contemplate a halo setting...so now I don''t even know anymore!!
good, i''m glad i didn''t insult you in anyway with the remark about the prongs, cause i kind of thought aftewards that maybe i shouldn''t have said it. i was just being honest though, and that''s what people want SOMETIMES, lol. anyway, talk to various jewelers about what they could possibley do to reshape them before you commit, or if you get a hold of it and like it as is, then good for you!

on the halo note, someone on PS wrote once, and i can''t remember who it was, so sorry i can''t give credit, a good diamond should stand on it''s own. now i have two halos, and i like them, but i can also see the significance behind that remark, so think about it!

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
oh no worries, you definitely didn''t insult me! you can say whatever you like, I do just want ppl to be honest. I wouldn''t take someone''s opinion on here personally and appreciate the input! so thank you!

I''m not sure about the halo...I''d be alittle worried that I would get sick of it. I want something intricate and pretty, but simple and classic at the same time.

shinyrock

Rough_Rock
I''ll have to ask my girlfriend for the picture, but her friend''s fiance had a ring made off a Tacori design that was very elaborate with the scallops and scrolling work and everything. It can be done!

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I would love to see how it turned out!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Oh lal la
3.gif
I love Tacori Rings cantcha tell? Check out my avatar... that is my dream E-Ring!
9.gif

It would not be easy to replicate a Tacori ring... at all. I would go with Tacori for sure.

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
I have a question:

I don''t know the specific specs of my diamond except that it is a 2.02 round and it was my great grandmother''s. I do know that the diamond is not good quality at all and is considered yellow, although it doesn''t look yellow? I find it quite sparkly and white.

If I put it in a Tacori setting will Tacori''s accent diamonds, which I''m sure will be way better quality than my center one, match with my center diamond? or will it make my center diamond look worse?

NCgirl01

Rough_Rock
I got my ring in Feb. HT251012x. I love it!! I get tons of compliments.

I have a 2.9 center stone, it looks gorgeous. I will post a picture tomorrow. I am trying to find a picture with the band.

Anyone have one?

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
Looking forward to the pics!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2008 12:41:50 PM
Author: ashalauren
I have a question:

I don''t know the specific specs of my diamond except that it is a 2.02 round and it was my great grandmother''s. I do know that the diamond is not good quality at all and is considered yellow, although it doesn''t look yellow? I find it quite sparkly and white.

If I put it in a Tacori setting will Tacori''s accent diamonds, which I''m sure will be way better quality than my center one, match with my center diamond? or will it make my center diamond look worse?
First, how do you know it is not good quality? Can you take a picture of it? Antique stones can certainly get away with being a lower color, and they look lovely in antique style settings like Tacori. So no, you won''t have a problem setting it in a Tacori. However, if the stone had a lot of chips and was badly cut, I might consider a recut. However, I adore old cut stones if they are in good condition. If it needed to be recut, you would do this before ordering a setting so that you could have the setting made to fit your stone perfectly.

ashalauren

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info about antique cuts. Does re-cutting the diamond decrease its size? I know it is not good quality because my family has had it appraised. I don''t know the exact specs of the appraisal and I don''t have the diamond in my posession (my fam does) at the moment so I can''t take any pics, but I was told that the diamond itself is considered yellow. I''ll only have the diamond once I actually get engaged. In the mean time, I have to decide on a setting that will go well with my diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results