shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeup Artist - Merle Norman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a big makeup person...I pretty much only wear BareMinerals foundation and Chapstick, but decided that I wanted to hire a makeup artist for my wedding day. After calling a few places, I finally found someone from Merle Norman Cosmetics who is willing to go on location at the church!

Does anyone have any experience with Merle Norman?

I am going for a trial on April 27th before I book for the big day, but want to know maybe what I should expect. I really don''t want to look overdone....I actually LOVED the look that M.A.C. gave Courtneylub because it still looked so natural and very "bridal."
1.gif

My only other concern is cost. There is an extra charge for going on location, so it adds up to $40 per person. I was going to pay for my 3 BMs to have their makeup done as a gift because I want them to feel special! That would make the total $160 plus tip. Does that sound about right???

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
that sounds like a great price and they travel too! you are definitely not living in the bay area!

i don''t know much about merle norman or makeup in general but if you like the trial then i say go for it. you might also want to bring with you one of your bridesmaids who has makeup taste that you like - then you can get a second opinion.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ringster!

You are right about my location....Canton, Ohio must be tons cheaper than some of the bigger cities out on the West Coast! I guess what I thought was a bit pricey is actually a steal in some areas!

Maybe I will see if my mom or even my MOH wants to come with me! I will also take before/after pictures to post here...all of the PSers are always so honest and helpful!
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I was in my friend''s wedding in December and we had our hair and makeup done at Merle Norman. She was the manager so I think she got a discount there. I absolutely HATED it. Her hair stylists were extremely unprofessional and also refused to do what each girl wanted... instead they told us "no, you don''t want that".
emotion-40.gif
The bride said we could do whatever we wanted for our hair but we all ended up hating what we got... the styles were all bad early 90''s prom styles! I told the bride that I''d prefer to only have my eyes, cheeks, and lips done and that I could do my own powder, etc right before the ceremony since I am very picky about what goes on my face. She forced me into getting my full makeup done there and they used the LIGHTEST, I think its was mineral, makeup they had. The next day my skin was terrible because of the makeup they used on me. I may have had a unique experience there but I definitely won''t be going back to any merle norman. I assume they are all different... but if you are used to bareminerals then I don''t know if the makeup they use will be very friendly to your skin.

Are you paying for the trial or is it free?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Yikes! I hope that my experience is different than yours oobiecoo! Luckily, I have a stylist already booked to do everyone's hair for the wedding...I have gone to her for 3 years and wouldn't trust anyone else!
1.gif

I forgot to ask on the phone, but I think that the makeup trial at Merle Norman is $20 b/c I get a "consultation" with it. I described my skin over the phone (I...unfortunately...have combination/acne-prone skin) and the lady I booked with told me that she wouldn't use anything that may irritate my skin! I hope their products are non-comedogenic! Anyone know?

Again, sorry about your bad experience oobiecoo, but I am going to give it a try! I called around and not a lot of places where I'm getting married have makeup artists that are willing to go on location!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to say that at the Merle Norman we went to, their policy is to do a free trial as long as it is not on Saturday. On Saturdays I think they charge about $20. I''m not sure if that is the policy at all of them though.

I hope you have a much better experience than I did! My experience may have been much different from the majority of Merle Norman-ers out there!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm I may have to inquire about the free trial....I am going on Sunday (4-27-08) because the lady I spoke with, Jessica, was booked solid with a wedding party the day before. Thanks for the heads up!
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results