shape
carat
color
clarity

MY WEDDING BAND HAS BEEN ORDERED !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
36.gif
36.gif

*squeals*

HOWEVA, my darling Fiance, whom I absolutely love and adore wanted to keep the details of the band a suprise, sooooooooo I have absolutely NO idea WHATSOEVER on what band it is !!!!!

We looked at a few designs, styles, and the only detail I know is that it is a full eternity, 2.5 mm and THAT is all....
20.gif

He will not give any more info, will not show me a picture and I am losing my mind !!!!!!!!

He said he will have it in 4-5 weeks.... AND when the band arrives, because there is engraving he does not want me to see until our wedding day, I have to close my eyes while he slips it on....

AND HE SAID NO PICTURES !!!!!

He is seriously LOVING every minute of this torture and giggles like a little girl when I attempt, and fail miserably, to get more info....

So here I am, counting down the days.. *sigh*

Please tell me the next 5 weeks are gonna fly by ...........

There has to be a way I can slip a pic or two when it FINALLY arrives to show you ladies !!!!

He has amazing taste and I know that he has put his heart and soul into chosing this band, so regardless, I know I am gonig to absolutely LOVE it... that I have no doubt..

But as a child, I used to UNWRAP and RE-WRAP all of my Christmas presents, knew everything I was getting and cannot stand not knowing what is going on...

Snooping is something I am usually VERY good at ...
31.gif

But with him, no matter how hard I try, no matter what I pull out of my little hat, he is not bending at all !!!!

Time for PLAN B !!!!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Oh man, that would drive me nuts. Is Leon making the band or do you not know that info as well?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
First, that is fantastic news! The band sounds like it will be gorgeous!!

Second, you can''t see it until the wedding day?? AGH!! That would kill me, haha! I''d need to know that it was comfy, that it looked good with my e-ring, that there were no rubbing issues, no need for modifications before it''s too late, haha.

Oh, and is Leon making this one?? Did he make it to match your e-ring? If so, then I GUESS I could trust his judgement, haha.

That''s just it.. I have nooooo idea if Leon is making it .... I don''t think so though because he has given a few hints and I think he purchased it at a B&M....

He did say the band will compliment my ring and that you can''t put just ANY band with my ring...

We saw a band that was almost IDENTAIL to the pave on the shank of my ering, I think it was a Simon G last week and it looked AMAZING with my ring.

He did say that band gave a really good visual of the band he ordered.

I do get to try it on with my ering when it arrives just to make sure it looks okay and there are no issues regarding comfort etc, but I think the "try on" will be short lived...

So, yeah, it''s KILLING me !!!!!!!

If Leon was making the ring, I think my FI would have told me..... when we discussed that band before, price was not necessarily an issue, but circumstances have changed.....

And we live in Canada and it was actually cheaper to go to NY to pick it up than it was to ship it.

The 103 band Leon makes has always been one of those things you love, yet never dream of having....

20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are sooo funny, can''t wait to see the band.

Linda

I''m now browsing Victoria''s Secret for some.. uhhhhhhh... "INITIATIVE"...
31.gif

Perhaps if I geet him in thigh highs, lace and a big smile he''ll be willing to fess up !!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2008 11:15:31 AM
Author: BrownEyedCountryGirl
I''m now browsing Victoria''s Secret for some.. uhhhhhhh... ''INITIATIVE''...
31.gif

Perhaps if I geet him in thigh highs, lace and a big smile he''ll be willing to fess up !!!!!
I''m with Linda, You''re too funny!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
BECG, you are absolutely hilarious! I think the thigh highs are a fantastic idea--saying "no" becomes very difficult to a man who''s in the presence of his thigh-high clad fiancee!

I am glad that you do get to see it, even if it''s just for a few minutes. Now if you can just find some thigh-highs with a 10 megapixel camera inbedded...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
BECG and NEL - you guys are too funny! LOL!

OMG !!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA !!!

New England, you are BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*giggles*

There has to be a way !!!

And you are right, saying NO to MOI, well, anyone really, decked out in thigh highs is damn near impossible....
31.gif

Ohhhh, by the time I''m done with him, there will be PICS-A-PLENTY !!!

Um, of the BAND.... nothing else....

Just wanted to clarify THAT!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Haha, it never even occured to me that people might use a camera to take pictures of things other than jewelry! I think my camera is in perpetual macro mode.

Mine too !!!!

In fact, FI just bought another memory card that holds twice the amount of pics.... strangest thing... no matter what I take pics of, whether it be the kids, an outing, etc, whenever I upload there is always A TON of rings shots !!!!!

Now how does that happen ??????
31.gif

I think my camera just has a mind of it''s own !!!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, that is too funny! This just happened to us on our honeymoon--I''d take a picture of Dan in front of a landmark, then a picture of the rings. A picture of a lovely plant, then my ring on the plant. A picture of some whales, then a picture of my ring with whales in the background. We had to stop at K Mart in Maui to buy another memory card! I know every PSer can relate to that!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjacking. I can''t wait for your beautifuld wedding band to come and do hope you can sneak in a few shots--even if they are blurry from being taken through your thigh high.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure whatever he picks will be just gorgeous!

I have to agree with the stockings idea. They are the downfall of my DH.
31.gif

So is it 5 weeks until the wedding? Or 5 weeks until you (ok, he) has the band?

ETA: I just reread and saw it will be 4 - 5 wks. until he has the ring. When's the wedding?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
dress up in lace huh??? Don''t forget the whip!! ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
BECG.... SOOOOO excited for you...but how can you possible wait without seeing it??? tell him you''ll be doing a public service to engaged women everywhere if he allows just one pic here on PS... it''s almost a crime against humanity not to...
your ring is among the elite here...it''s only right to share the future companion piece for all to enjoy...it''s like "paying it forward"...
think he''ll buy that??!! ha!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! My sisters and I used to do the same thing with Christmas gifts, open them up and re-tape them. We also knew that my mom hid the gifts in the trunk of her car, so when they would go out that is where we would head. Oh, and we used to help my mom and grandmother wrap eachothers gifts, so we would tell eachother what gifts were!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 10:18:12 AM
Author:BrownEyedCountryGirl

AND HE SAID NO PICTURES !!!!!
Oh, how mean to post this in SMTR!! Just cruel, really, How COULD you?!
11.gif
39.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 11:38:07 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Hahaha, that is too funny! This just happened to us on our honeymoon--I'd take a picture of Dan in front of a landmark, then a picture of the rings. A picture of a lovely plant, then my ring on the plant. A picture of some whales, then a picture of my ring with whales in the background. We had to stop at K Mart in Maui to buy another memory card! I know every PSer can relate to that!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjacking. I can't wait for your beautifuld wedding band to come and do hope you can sneak in a few shots--even if they are blurry from being taken through your thigh high.

BrownEyedCountryGirl --Oh how exciting!!! Can't wait to see photos!

NewEnglandLady----LOL.... I was reading your post ... and when you got the whale whale part--I thought you were going to say ......."A picture of a lovely plant, then my ring on the plant. A picture of some whales, then a picture of my ring ..........ON A WHALE!" LOL--- I'm still giggling---- heheheh
36.gif
Someone should Get A PIc LIKE that on HERE one day?? Any Wild Animal...etc will do...... lion tiger ...bear.....
36.gif
sorry if i threadjacked--- Just had to Point out a FUNNY.
1.gif

tee-hee

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Thigh-highs? Whoa, are you not waiting til you get married??
2.gif
Just kiddin'' of course!!!! Work that lingerie, girl and best of luck for his weakened resolve - we NEED to see that ring
1.gif
Just love your engagement ring, by the way, it is a beauty!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 5:42:28 PM
Author: blinkydoll

Date: 4/16/2008 11:38:07 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Hahaha, that is too funny! This just happened to us on our honeymoon--I''d take a picture of Dan in front of a landmark, then a picture of the rings. A picture of a lovely plant, then my ring on the plant. A picture of some whales, then a picture of my ring with whales in the background. We had to stop at K Mart in Maui to buy another memory card! I know every PSer can relate to that!

Anyway, sorry for the threadjacking. I can''t wait for your beautifuld wedding band to come and do hope you can sneak in a few shots--even if they are blurry from being taken through your thigh high.

BrownEyedCountryGirl --Oh how exciting!!! Can''t wait to see photos!

NewEnglandLady----LOL.... I was reading your post ... and when you got the whale whale part--I thought you were going to say .......''A picture of a lovely plant, then my ring on the plant. A picture of some whales, then a picture of my ring ..........ON A WHALE!'' LOL--- I''m still giggling---- heheheh
36.gif
Someone should Get A PIc LIKE that on HERE one day?? Any Wild Animal...etc will do...... lion tiger ...bear.....
36.gif
sorry if i threadjacked--- Just had to Point out a FUNNY.
1.gif

tee-hee
Blinkydoll, I''ve been laughing so hard about this that I haven''t been able to type any response without cracking up at least six times. OMG, can you imagine me trying to balance my rings on a 40 ton whale?? HAHAHA! "Okay, now hold still...this is VERY valuable, understand? Don''t get it stuck in your blowhole or anything"

I have a hard enough time getting my dog to stand still so I can take pictures of my rings on his nose, haha.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh shnikey. Best of luck riding out the next 5 weeks.

And don't forget...
**Hands you your lip gloss and a bucket o' chicken to accompany the thigh highs**
25.gif

When I read NEL''s post I thought the exact same thing about the whales !!!!!

Seeing the response to that post just about killed me.... I seriously burst out laughing !!!!

My wedding is in OCTOBER so it is a REALLY long wait.... *sigh*

And yes, no pics.... totally cruel.... not even humane really.. but no worries girls, I"ll figure something out.. the bucket of chicken should seal the deal !

You girls are too funny.. all the responses are putting a huge smile on my face, which when you work for the Gov''t, is definately needed !!!!!

I don''t know why, but just knowing you girls are excited makes me THAT much more excited to share this with you !!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 11:15:01 AM
Author: BrownEyedCountryGirl

And yes, no pics.... totally cruel.... not even humane really.. but no worries girls, I''ll figure something out.. the bucket of chicken should seal the deal !
YES IT IS!!! The title of the forum is SHOW me the ring, isn''t it?? Admin should move this to hangout or rockytalk. It doesn''t belong here. It''s just MEAN MEAN MEAN.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results