shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher hunt over! Thanks PS and ID Jewelry Online!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock

Hi All,

We bought the ring! YAY!

36.gif
First off, a very big thanks to Pricescope and everyone who has helped me along the way.
1.gif

I also want to thank ID Jewelry Online for making my buying experience a breeze. My bf and I were looking to purchase an asscher/square emerald stone and contacted some PS featured vendors several weeks ago. Some got back to us and others didn’t. The one we liked the most was ID Jewelry Online because of their quick response time and convenient location. Armed with my PS information, I went into their store and spoke with Yekutiel, who was very helpful and friendly. He treated me like a long time customer and never once acted like a typical B&M salesperson. He never pressured me to buy from his store and he appreciated/understood my candor, excitement and somewhat hesitant/fickle behavior (I went back and forth about the entire purchase

9.gif
). He was able to show me the diamonds I asked for (thanks to PS search tool) and then some more. He was seemed very knowledgeable about diamonds and was genuinely interested in finding me my perfect stone.
1.gif
When he brought out a gorgeous GIA 1.76 HVS2 VG/VG/VG (polish/symmetry/cut) diamond, my bf and I both knew we found it.
9.gif
I was initially concerned about the table size (it''s slightly off strmrdr’s suggested range) but it’s absolutely beautiful.
2.gif
It was the one that screamed, “PICK ME! CHOOSE ME! LOVE ME!”
30.gif
I’ve seen a lot of loose asscher stones in real life but this stood out. Bf liked it too. He has said in the past that all stones looked alike so it didn’t matter what I chose. But for some reason, he found this stone a little more interesting.
5.gif

So we decided to put in on hold and, being the neurotic that I am, I looked at more stones.

20.gif
I thought, “maybe there’s something better or maybe I can find something that’s more ‘ideal’ or maybe I’m not making the right decisions.” But I couldn’t stop thinking about that 1.76 stone despite seeing other diamonds with ‘ideal’ measurements. So I just had to tell myself to quit being crazy and anal-retentive about the entire purchase, and we finally bought it. YAY!
36.gif
And to make it even more special, we finalized everything on our 7th year anniversary. Double YAY!
36.gif
36.gif

Going back to the ring, it is being custom-made into a simple 3-stone asscher ring. I’m really super excited to see the final product (which should be ready in a few weeks) and can’t wait to post pics. I just hope bf doesn’t make me wait too long because I will go crazy and maybe make his life a little less pleasant. Hahaha!

11.gif

Many thanks to Pricescope, my fellow PS-ers, Yekutiel and ID Jewelry Online again for everything. The knowledge I gained from this website and Yekutiel/ID Jewelry Online’s service have helped me tremendously in finding my perfect ring. I highly recommend everyone to his store. They have great customer service, they sell quality items at competitive prices, they know about diamonds, and most importantly they really want their customers to be happy. AND I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN’ HAPPY!!!
36.gif
26.gif
30.gif
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates
where are the pics?!?

When shopping in person within reason you can ignore the numbers.
Out of curiosity what are the numbers?

Linda74

Rough_Rock
ID Jewelry are awesome......another great vendor in the 47th street area.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 7:28:41 PM
Author: strmrdr
congrates
where are the pics?!?

1.76 H VS2
7.05 x 6.82 x 4.48
table 69% (a little larger than ideal)
depth 65.7%
ratio 1.03
girdle medium - slightly thick
polish vg
symmetry vg

pics? i only have pics of the stone but i can''t seem to make the file size smaller. any ideas? thanks.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 7:49:06 PM
Author: luckynumber7

Date: 4/6/2008 7:28:41 PM
Author: strmrdr
congrates
where are the pics?!?

1.76 H VS2
7.05 x 6.82 x 4.48
table 69% (a little larger than ideal)
depth 65.7%
ratio 1.03
girdle medium - slightly thick
polish vg
symmetry vg

pics? i only have pics of the stone but i can''t seem to make the file size smaller. any ideas? thanks.
also, cut is vg too according to the other vendors that listed the diamond.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Can''t wait for the pics!!
36.gif

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 7:56:09 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congrats!! Can''t wait for the pics!!
36.gif
thanks. i can''t wait to see the finished product too.
1.gif
i know it will be soooooooooooo beautiful (coz it''s my ring and i''m obviously biased
9.gif
).

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
i was finally able to size it down. hopefully it works.

my stones 2-74 tcw.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results