shape
carat
color
clarity

In love with this Melissa Sweet Dress.. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Sooooooo, I''m at work a couple of days ago.. browsing wedding dresses, invites, etc, etc, obviously making EXCEPTIONAL use of company time....
20.gif

When I stumble across a dress that insantly took my breath away....

Seriously... I swear I was BLUE
6.gif
at my desk !!!!!!!

Problem is.. I already HAVE a dress that I love.... which is NOTHING like THIS one and NOW I can''t stop thinking about THIS one... I''m even DREAMING of it...

*sigh*

Please tell me this is absolutely normal....

Here is a picture of THE DRESS...

God, it''s beautiful.

dream dress melissa sweet.jpg

Here is the back.... *stares at runway video and drools*

The style name is TILDA.... has anyone seen this dress ????

I would LOOOOVE to hear it''s HORRID... so ugly it compliments NO ONE and the fabric feels like sandpaper...
41.gif

tilda_back.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
What do you mean you are second guessing your dress!?! It is beautiful and you wrote this about it:
"I absolutely love it.... I spend most days watching the video of the model in my dress.... *sigh*
I cannot wait to try it on again.... and again.. .and again....
I want to bump up the WD just to wear my dress before OCTOBER !!!"

Now you have changed your mind.
Well don''t. To start with, the MS looks like every other dress on the market, a basic lace mermaid whereas yours is uniquely yours.
Your JM fabric is much prettier, remember the sheen of the fabric that gives elegance to its classy lines?
Perhaps most important, mermaids really only look good on tall and or skinny girls whereas you have an ample bustline and curves which are not what that kind of dress is built for.

Brazen Irish , I TOTALLY need to put you in my pocket and carry you around with me....
25.gif

I absolutly loved your response and thank you for your honesty... :)

It would have been my reply to a similar post...

Your right, mermaids do only look good on the "skinnier" girls, but I am tall, does THAT count ??!!!!

I do love my dress and have NO intention of changing it, but I LOVE this dress and for some reason am completly obsessed with it...

I actually thought it looked a little different than most and MMY DRESS looked like everyone elses...
20.gif

And your right, the fabric and lines of her dresses are extraordinary....

This almost feels like "CHEATING" on your dress !!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
It is normal, but STOP looking! Bad girl! Because eventually you will see a dress and feel like:
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and question the one you purchased. Just remind yourself of how much you love your dress, and stop looking! The Melissa Sweet is beautiful, but you already found a dress you love that I am sure looks beautiful on you. Why go through all of that again?

I think that''s the problem... I HAVE TO stop looking !!!!! I never "intend" to browse, but every wedding site I am on, always has a link, an ad, SOMETHING that calls out to me.....

*CLICK ME !!! CLICK ME !!!*

EVERYTHING else wedding related I have totally 100 % never questioned.. except for the dress, and I think the reason why is becuase it is soooo insanely important to me..

I should slap myself everytime I go just to have a "LOOK"....

31.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Maybe thought stopping? I dunno it is tempting..haha. The thing that always gets me is bride magazines. I love them and they''re full of dresses. I turn it into a game of trying to find dresses that look like mine. Works pretty well for me.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:03:39 PM
Author: BrownEyedCountryGirl
I think that''s the problem... I HAVE TO stop looking !!!!! I never ''intend'' to browse, but every wedding site I am on, always has a link, an ad, SOMETHING that calls out to me.....

*CLICK ME !!! CLICK ME !!!*

EVERYTHING else wedding related I have totally 100 % never questioned.. except for the dress, and I think the reason why is becuase it is soooo insanely important to me..

I should slap myself everytime I go just to have a ''LOOK''....

31.gif
Three (plus, techinically, but whose counting) dress bride here.

NIP THIS IN THE BUD. Else you are gonna be up to your neck in gowns.

Your JM is GORGEOUS. STOP STOP STOP looking. Wear a rubber band on your wrist and SNAP it everytime you even THINK about looking at something new.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer the dress that you have already! I agree with the others-no more dress watching! There will always be another dress that is beautiful so definitely nip it in the bud!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Brown,
I hear ya, its a lovely dress, but look at the top of the bust, see where she sort of has some skin hanging off the top there in a ridge, now imagine if that model had real person boobs. Yeah, I liked it for the height, but we all tried on enough dresses where and when the girls just were not going to work. My alteration lady is from Hong Kong, she calls it muscle, that squishy arm/boob area, but that is not the right name for it. If the MS model has a squish area there hanging out...yeah, anyone with curves is not going to like their photos. Your dress is perfection. We all question. I went to visit my dress today at the alteration place. How dumb is that? Just to make sure. Weddings kill logic.
Your dress is seriously an amazing frothy concoction.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, I tried that dress on just last weekend. AWFUL. Seriously. I wouldn''t even leave the dressing room in it. Granted I am neither tall nor skinny - I didn''t realize when I grabbed it that it was cut like that. This dress created curves (read: bulges) where there were none. For those of us who already have curves, that is not a good feature.

Your current dress is stunning on you. This one wouldn''t compare.
9.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously, not even making this up, that dress is so unflattering. I tried it on and I didn''t even want to come out of the dressing room- concuring with BigDiamonds post. And I consider myself fairly slim and in shape..although I am not tall. But read- some of the most pretty dresses in magazines are not even made to be worn. I am convinced they are made to hang there on a rack and look pretty- that all.

PS. Gypsy gives good advice!

I am not even going to even open a bridal magazine, since I ordered my dress on Saturday...

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
OH.

NO.

YOU.

DIDN''T.

BAD GIRL!!!!!!!! What are you doing!!! You KNOW you have a problem! Don''t feed the addiction!

First of all, I don''t want to slam your taste, but that dress has NOTHING on your JM. NOTHING I tell you!!! Okay, it is pretty I guess, but it does not have the wow factor of your beauty!!

Second, it isn''t made of that lucious silk....remember that lucious silk?!

Third, you can go ahead and think a dress is pretty, but it is dangerous to start thinking of it on your body as an option!

I''ll be honest with you, I had doubts about my dress even though I KNEW it was the one when I bought it. I think it has something to do with putting down all that money and then walking away, not bringing it home with you.

So anyways, girlie, I know your type. You are not equipped to look and not consider. So that means you have to STOP LOOKING
31.gif

You have a smokin dress that you LOVE. Yes there are other pretty dresses in the world, but none of them made you sing like yours!

(ps all this was said in a joking, loving manner from someone who saw you go through the original dress change!! :)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I tell you, if one looks long enough, it seems you''ll see wedding in EVERYTHING!!!!

I even looked at Dolly Parton tonight on American Idol through a freakish matrimonial lense and was thinking "Wow, I can totally picture someone like her getting married in that outfit"
5.gif

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
i think there are lots of beautiful dresses out there and not sure if I believe in the idea of THE ONE. So it is totally normal to find other dresses you love but where does it end? I think anyone who has found a gorgeous dress that they love themselves in(like you) is lucky! So you can look for fun but don''t be tempted!! Especially since it impossible to tell how it would look on you!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
And PS, I don''t think that dress is that great. And I love melissa sweet!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Boy oh boy I went through this problem a few times, first with Melissa Sweet then with Romona Keveza... thank god we already picked out the bridesmaid dresses which match my current dress or else I''d have strayed badly. Also my current dress is great I just needed to stop looking. There are so many months between now and the time I''m getting married I could change my mind a dozen times more.

What I should do is stop buying so many bridal magazines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results