shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OMG

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, ( I posted this in Rocky Talky.. but only got one response.. so thought Id post here as well.)

My center stone is an H color, and my setting is a halo but made of k-l diamonds .. so pretty yellow. We got the ring at an auction and bought it for the center, but now I have a sentimental attachment to the actual setting itself, and really dont want to reset unless I MUST. I have lived with it for this long, cause its not THAT bad, but when I have been looking at wedding bands.. the K''s in the setting, dont go with any G and H wedding bands... (hope this is all making sense)

I have priced new settings, and they have all been over 1 thousand dollars. So my question is.... is there anyway, to take my ring to a jewler and just replace all the diamonds in the setting with new ones, of a better color? Is that common practice, would it be complicated (I know hard to say without a picture) But my ring is just a typical halo.... so Im hoping it can be done. If anyone has some ideas I would really appriciate them.

Thanks!!!
33.gif

bejeweledcreatures

Rough_Rock
http://www.callagoldjewelry.com/repair_services.html
This is the URL to the "repair services" page of the Jeweler that my FH and I worked with. Custom stuff is pretty expensive... but she was really nice and fun to work with. Perhaps there is someone in your region who does this sort of work? I found her at a local bridal expo...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
>>

OMG, depending on the way the diamonds are set (prongs, bead, burnished etc) and the talent and expertise of the jeweler, it can be done but frankly my own jeweler would ask me why I would want to do that. It will probably cost you at least half as much to replace the diamonds as it would to buy a new mounting. The diamonds are probably very small and it''s like tedious "micro surgery" for them.

Do you have a good friend who has a really good old world jeweler? What part of the country do you live in? Maybe someone has a great jeweler with a lot of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results