shape
carat
color
clarity

changing channel set to prong set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melissa622

Rough_Rock
I have been engaged for about 10 months now. My fiance gave me exactly what I asked for and I love it, especially for what it stands for. Cathedral set, round CS with round channel set diamonds in the band. However, I never quite noticed the spaces in between the round stones in the band when we were looking. It has really started to bother me and I wanted to know if my band could easily be changed? I am so very sentimental and don''t want to change my ring at all, but I also want to LOVE my ring. Could my actual band be changed to pave or prong set, using the original diamonds and not changing the ring too much? Or would I need a whole new band? I don''t want to crush him, but it''s all I can focus on anymore. Plus, I can''t find a band I like to match it since I want a thinner band and the channel set diamonds don''t match up. Sorry for my ramble - any suggestions/experiences would be great!

melissa622

Rough_Rock
A pic of the ring...

ring2 copyb.jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
im not a channel set person, meaning i dont own any channel set, but i would think you would need to take diamonds out and have a custom setting made if you want to use those diamonds. otherwise, can you return or exchange it?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa, is your ring WG? Chances are, a jeweler will not use the existing gold in your ring to remake a new one...but they will re-use your diamonds. If you''re ok with that, you can definitely have your band made into shared prong/pave, whichever you choose. You can probably keep the existing head, they would just attach it to the new band. I would go see your jeweler and discuss the matter further and see what they suggest.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2008 11:58:00 PM
Author: monarch64
Melissa, is your ring WG? Chances are, a jeweler will not use the existing gold in your ring to remake a new one...but they will re-use your diamonds. If you''re ok with that, you can definitely have your band made into shared prong/pave, whichever you choose. You can probably keep the existing head, they would just attach it to the new band. I would go see your jeweler and discuss the matter further and see what they suggest.
Ditto, but take it to someone geat so you can be sure the craftsmanship will be good. Too many PSers have gotten custom work down and been really unhappy with the results (myself included). WF does custom and they seem to be great, as does Quest and ERD.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results