shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with new setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bean1106

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking for a while and decided to finally post!

I was engaged in November with a 0.33 G SI diamond in a simple white gold tapered solitare setting. We had talked upgrading at a later date because I wasn''t able to pick a setting I was entirely in love with when we began to look at engagement rings. I had decided that I loved the look of a three stone with channel set diamonds down the band or a paved band, but couldn''t find one that had all the qualities I liked.

I went into our local jeweler yesterday to have my ring cleaned while I was out as well as look for a mother''s day gift and I ended up asking to look at a few settings (I can''t help it!). They placed a diamond similar to the one I have now in this setting and I didn''t want to take it off! I took it home to show it to my fiance and wore it around the house last night to see if I wanted to keep it or take it back. I love it and my heart pretty much stopped when I put it on, but I think I''ll miss my old setting too much! I''m looking for advice.

I''ll post pictures of my current setting and the new setting. The new setting hasn''t been sized yet (I''m a 4.5) and I haven''t had the diamond reset in it yet, either. I''m new at this, so they might have turned out a little fuzzy.

old3.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
Sorry that one was so big! A few more...

old2.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
Side view

old4.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
another

old5.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
The new one

jnew11.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
It makes my diamond pop

jnew2.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
full handshot

jnew3.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock

jnew4.jpg

bean1106

Rough_Rock
front profile

jnew8.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I see why you''re in love with that setting!!! It is GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!

I''m a sentimental person, though - would it be possible to keep the old setting and put a gemstone in it so you could wear it as an RHR?

Also, would you be wearing a w-band with the new setting? Finding a band can be difficult - but definitely doable. Poshpepper has a similar 3-stone setting and found the perfect curved band.

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
I love love love the new setting. Can''t wait to see pictures of it set with your stone. Please do come back with final pictures.

MrsSteketeeToBe

Rough_Rock
I''m in a similar situation (I got a new setting 2 weeks ago but only got engaged in September 2007...) and my advice is to go for the three stone setting. You said that''s what you wanted from the beginning (that was the light bulb moment for me!) of your setting search and obviously that is still what you want! That setting does so much more for your stone (IMHO) and I think that you deserve to have exactly what you want! And as previously suggested, you can always reset a gemstone into your original setting if it is very sentimental to you. Good luck in making your decision!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would always go for more finger coverage...especially when it''s that gorgeous!

bean1106

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I actually purchased two wedding bands along with it that match the setting and sit flush with it.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, the new setting is GoRgEoUs!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Please go back to the jeweler immediately and have your diamond set in that ring. After you wear it for a while, you won''t miss your first one!!!!
31.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I do love a simple solitaire, but that setting is too beautiful to pass up! I vote that you have your diamond set ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results