shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Twist

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shlammed

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I''m very interested in this ring and I was hoping someone would have some pictures of it. I can only find a few different angles online and I cannot find any finger pics. I was thinking about getting one similar to this but custom made, but I''m thinking that it just wouldn''t be the same as having it straight from Tacori.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

TACORIFEATUREENGAGE.jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
thats beautiful, but why not get the original?

shlammed

Rough_Rock
I would like to get the original depending on how much cheaper it would be when made with 18k white gold instead of platinum. Also, I need it made to fit a princess cut because I''ll be sleeping on the floor if I ever gave her a round diamond (just her preference).

I''d get the platinum band, but after just buying a house, my budget is a little tighter. I read on one site that it is offered in 18k white gold but I haven''t received a price yet.

shlammed

Rough_Rock
To whatever mod reads this, sorry, I''m new. I just clicked "report post" and typed my reply in there LOL.

Anyways, what I was trying do was reply saying "nor am I educated enough to know how much of a price difference there would be between platinum and 18kw gold."

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 3:54:28 PM
Author: shlammed
I would like to get the original depending on how much cheaper it would be when made with 18k white gold instead of platinum. Also, I need it made to fit a princess cut because I''ll be sleeping on the floor if I ever gave her a round diamond (just her preference).

I''d get the platinum band, but after just buying a house, my budget is a little tighter. I read on one site that it is offered in 18k white gold but I haven''t received a price yet.

My guess is that even with the markup for it being a Tacori it will still be cheaper to buy it straight from them than to have it custom made *well*. Good custom pave work is expensive...

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 3:58:00 PM
To whatever mod reads this, sorry, I''m new. I just clicked ''report post'' and typed my reply in there LOL.

Anyways, what I was trying do was reply saying ''nor am I educated enough to know how much of a price difference there would be between platinum and 18kw gold.''
No problem.
2.gif
If it makes you feel any better, it happens all the time. Most people don''t even realize they''ve done it though, so you''ve already proven your acute awareness.
emthup.gif

Welcome to Pricescope and good luck finding your (her) dream ring.

shlammed

Rough_Rock
Alright, there is a $1400 price reduction when going with 18kw gold vs. Platinum.

This should allow me to squeeze in a bigger diamond. Now if only I could see the ring on someone''s finger
emsmiled.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I was quoted just about $3k for that setting in 18k WG with a 1.5 head at a local jewelers in the northeast. Hope that helps!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 3:35:31 PM
Author:shlammed
Hello everyone. I''m very interested in this ring and I was hoping someone would have some pictures of it. I can only find a few different angles online and I cannot find any finger pics. I was thinking about getting one similar to this but custom made, but I''m thinking that it just wouldn''t be the same as having it straight from Tacori.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
This is one of my favorite Tacori designs. Tacori settings are pretty reasonable and they use G-H VS1/VS2 diamonds; why not get the Tacori? I''m pretty enamored of my own Tacori setting!

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
Awww thanks ktrkate08, I was just going to post my link.

Sabina

shlammed

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links...the ring looks great.

Now I just need to decide on what diamond to get. I know she wants a princess cut for sure. I was hoping for around 1ct, but we''ll see what my budget will allow for.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 8:43:32 AM
Thanks for the links...the ring looks great.

Now I just need to decide on what diamond to get. I know she wants a princess cut for sure. I was hoping for around 1ct, but we''ll see what my budget will allow for.

I''d check with Whiteflash on their ACA princess stones. they are amazingly cut princesses. also, check with Mark T at www.engagmentringsdirect.com. he can get an amazing stone and you might see if he can get a hold of the tacori setting and have him price it out for you too.

good luck, i love that tacori setting too!!

shlammed

Rough_Rock
I never realized how complicated this process was. Buying a diamond is so darn confusing.

Stats for two princess cuts I''m looking at:

0.9ct, VG cut, F colour, VS2 clarity, EX polish, VG symmetry, 1.01L/W ratio, No flu., $4200CDN

1.0ct, VG cut, F colour, SI1 clarity, EX polish, VG symmetry, 1.05L/W ratio, No flu., $4200CDN

Is there even much of a size difference between 0.9ct and 1.0ct? I guess I''ll have to see in person. Also, VS2 vs. SI1?

hrmhmrhmrmh...

shlammed

Rough_Rock
Here''s another:

0.91ct, G color, VS2 Clarity, VG polish/symmetry, 1.00L/W ratio, no fluo., $3700CDN

From what I understand, not many people can tell the difference between a ''G'' and a ''colorless'', so I may go for the G. I''m going to go into a local jeweller and see if I can tell the difference myself :D

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 12:14:33 PM

From what I understand, not many people can tell the difference between a ''G'' and a ''colorless'', so I may go for the G. I''m going to go into a local jeweller and see if I can tell the difference myself :D
If cut well, then no, you probably won''t be able to tell. You could also go down to an eye-clean SI1 and save some dough there. Just make sure that you know what your definition of eye-clean means and express it to your vendor so that you''re on the same page.
1.gif

groovephi

Rough_Rock
id say try getting it custom made and save some $$$$

the e-ring i got my gf was custom made. the original was in platinum, a Hearts on fire, and for a 1.5 ct stone. the setting alone was 4500. i got it custom made for a 1 ct cushion in white gold for a little over half the price. (and i went ahead and got hearts on fire accent diamonds in it). i couldve saved even more if i hadn''t bought 0.5 total cts of HOF diamonds.

in fact, the custom setting looked more like what i wanted than the original.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results