shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me 4mm and 3mm bands/shanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Since becoming sucked into PS I''ve flip flopped from a modern ering to a 3 stone and now to a classic solitaire. I blame it all on you ladies'' beautiful bling!! Now I''m looking at the vatche x prong classic solitaire setting for a 1.4-1.6 carat stone. BUT I''m worried that the mm of the shank is too thick for my tastes at 4mm. Can anyone show me the difference between a 4mm and 3mm? I don''t want a think shank for sure, but I don''t know if 3mm will be substantial enough or if 4mm is overkill. Pictures and finger size too if possible!!

Thanks!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I believe mine is a 3mm (I''m not sure exactly as I just held up a ruler to it.)

The stone is .99 but a Princess of Hearts so it''s a bit deeper than a round. It''s 5.6mm. The ring is a size 7, though according to my meeting with Maytal she suggested a smaller size. Hope this helps.

seras.PoH_handshot_orangenredflowers.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lily, the x-prong is only 4mm at the diamond. It immediately starts tapering, to about 3.5 on the top part of your finger. It continues on down to 2.5 on the bottom. So you should be fine, it''s right inbetween.
28.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The shanks on both my ering and wband are 3 mm, and the stone is 2 ct. Here is a full handshot:

IMG_15463mmfar.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a close up. ALso, my rings are size 5:

IMG_16823mmclose.JPG

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends on the size of the diamond used in conjuntion with the setting. My diamond is just shy of 2 carats, and the setting is almost 4.5mm wide. I don''t like narrower bands myself, the mroe gold the btter. I think it look just fine! (avatar)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results