shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your IGI diamond and let me know if you are happy with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking of buying an IGI diamond and am a little disappointed with everyone''s opinion of them... I don''t want to regret this, so show me yours and let me know the specs. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 4:48:04 PM
Author:kbarro1
I am thinking of buying an IGI diamond and am a little disappointed with everyone''s opinion of them... I don''t want to regret this, so show me yours and let me know the specs. Thanks!
Welcome! The main reason that you will see some negative opinions about IGI certified diamonds is that apparently the cert is not reliable. We really hate to see anyone pay for something and not get what they paid for. GIA and AGS certs are more reliable, and that is why we recommend them.

If your store has a good return policy, you could take the stone to an independent appraiser and be sure of what you are getting. But there is alot to learn about diamond quality, so you might want to learn more about cut before making a decision.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Rather than buying an IGI diamond, since you have not made the purchase, why don''t you shop for a GIA, AGS or HRD certed diamond instead?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a pair of diamond earrings (1cttw) from IGI and they told me that they do grade cut but not every vendor wants that info.

There was no cut info. on my earrrings except color, clarity and an infalted appprasial price. They are very beautiful, no visible inclusions and extremely white. WHEW!

They are lovely - a gift and I probably wouldn''t have bought them myself but you can find deals as many of the "good"
stones are sent directlly to GIA and AGS immediately. However, you can find "good" stones w/ IGI grading but it probably
takes more effort.

Definitely get it appraised for the actual value and you may find a winner.

If its for an ering then go with a trusted vendor and save yourself the headache.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 4:48:04 PM
Author:kbarro1

Sorry to say this but I dont think you will get many PSers with an IGI diamond. Please try GIA, EGL USA, AGS. IGI is not reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results