shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mark T custom Harry Winston inspired engagement ring that allows for a flush fit with a wedding b

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, MPsGirl!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR EXQUISITE NEW RING!!

We''ve all been waiting patiently for handshots throughout MP''s ring saga.

You and I were almost ring twins.... do you remember the princess-cut halo Tacori setting at Bailey Banks and Biddle? That''s what I have, and as I recall, that was almost yours, too. Even the center stone specs were 99% the same! I''ve been keeping up with MP''s story since it started so similarly; I''ve felt a little emotionally invested!
19.gif

Can''t wait to see those handshots. It''s been so fun to read about the ring and proposal for you from your very detail-oriented guy.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 10:40:58 PM
Author: MPs Girl
UPDATE!!!!

He did it!!!!! MP proposed to me on 3/15/08 on the beach. It was perfect. I was so excited and cried and of course said yes! He had it lined up so that we would have dinner with my parents that night. I also had another surprise.....A book with all the details of all the effort my new fiance put into the ring. He also let me know that you all helped with the ring as well. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Trust me we took tons of handshots and I emailed them to him. I''m sure they will be up first thing in the morning.

Thanks to all of you on pricescope. I love my ring and I''m glad we got to share our story.

MP- I love you with all my heart and can''t wait to marry you!!!! Besos!
Aww, thanks honey. I''m glad you finally got the beach proposal of your dreams. I love you too and it''s just the beginning of our life together, which makes things even better.

Now let''s see some handshots!

14713985ec71d3b1bc9c1c9b3a29e15fc225b68.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
Well Hello, it''s nice to meet you!

WellHello12345.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the exact spot where it happened on a beautiful sunny day.

I suspect that this is what was running through her head as I sat there contemplating things, "Hehe, little does he know what I have in store for him!!"
face20.gif

Bridezilla12345.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the bunny picture. And I''m glad you held out for a flush-fit.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you both!!!
36.gif

Beautiful proposal and the ring is lovely!

Cachette
1.gif

ajl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You two are so adorable!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Your ring is so beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand.

Linda

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
MP and MPsGirl..... you two look blissful together. Have you set a wedding date?

Congratulations on getting through the proposal, and continuing the rest of the journey together.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Um, Bridezilla12345.jpg?!??!!

What kind of a file name is that?!?
31.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 12:07:59 PM
Author: March-8-2008
Um, Bridezilla12345.jpg?!??!!

What kind of a file name is that?!?
31.gif
Haha, it's an inside joke between me and my fiance'. We're calling her mother Momzilla since she is unbelievably excited about things and is already knee deep in the planning. I think we might have set a record for the quickest anyone has picked a date and a venue for the wedding. It's looking like June 20, 2009 at the Ocean City Yacht Club. Her parents are members and it has an incredible view of the bay up on the jersey shore. I'm happy with it since I wanted to have a place that is interesting and not just a stuffy ballroom.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another hand shot for you guys. Thanks for all the compliments and responses.

Blinging!.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you two are just adorable and the ring looks fabulous on her!! i''m just so glad you ended up getting something that is so perfect.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mrs. S,
It was a long process, but it turned out perfectly. Likewise, the day on the beach when I proposed couldn''t have been better. My new fiance has been having all kinds of fun with all the excitement. She was the center of attention yesterday when she got back to work with all the women in her office drooling over the ring. You know how you girls get.
face20.gif

Some of her friends are a little jealous since the ring is much bigger then theirs, but she is being really good with them and complimenting them on their style of ring. It should be a happy time with all.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
She is going to love it. Luckly girl!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
MP, I understand perfectly! My mom was like that. David and I picked a date quite quickly, then once we figured out where we wanted to have the wedding/reception, my mom was diving right in: "What are you doing for bridemaids'' gifts? What are you serving at the reception?"

My answer to the ''what are you serving'' question was, "Good question, Mom... I have no idea. David''s planning the reception."

You would have thought the sky had fallen because I declined to plan the reception menu.

Every so often, I would bust out with a falsely histrionic "But it''s my daaaaay!!!!" but it was all in fun.
I just wanted to be married and really didn''t get overwhelmed with the details. We had about six months from proposal to wedding day and it was all fine.

By the way, hint to your lovely bride: I ordered 4-ply cashmere wraps that would typically retail for $200 off eBay... I paid about $40 each, including shipping from Hong Kong and each bridesmaid got her favorite color. It was a HUGE hit.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Must mention that I keep going back and looking at the completed ring pics and handshots..... it''s just perfect in every aspect and one of my favorites on Pricescope. I am so proud FOR you!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 12:45:55 PM
Author: March-8-2008
Must mention that I keep going back and looking at the completed ring pics and handshots..... it''s just perfect in every aspect and one of my favorites on Pricescope. I am so proud FOR you!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks March, I am honestly extremely happy with the way I went with the ring. I feel like I did all the research, planning, design work, and then went with the right people to get it done. Speaking from a guys perspective it''s a bit nerve racking to spend that kind of money on one thing that isn''t a car or house so it is nice to be able to really feel good about the product you received. At the end of the day your a sucker if you let yourself be one. I armed myself with the right knowledge and found the right people to avoid those pitfalls.

Thanks to everyone.
face20.gif

PS - Stop snooping on pricescope and get back to work Kim!!
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
MP,

You did a fantastic job on the ring, and it looks like everything turned out perfectly! We''re all so happy for you!

Congratulations, and we look forward to seeing your fiancee on the BWW boards!
36.gif

mel047

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Haven''t followed you or the design process, but wanted to say the ring is absolutely GORGEOUS!
18.gif

I have to admit I''m a little envious...

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Hey MP,

First Off, Thanks for doing the legwork on the flush fit setting, as I have been refering to your design thread for inspiration during my design process with Mark at ERD. It''s really great to have your design drawings to explain some of the parts that I couldn''t describe otherwise. And your ring is awesome! I had one question though, did you choose 2.5mm band based on your preference? or was there a band size requirement to support your custom doughnutless basket? I am looking for mark to do something similar except with a thinner band (1.3-1.5mm) with less metal showing in the micro pave. My GF really likes the delicate look of the thin HW band, and Angelainjapan mentions that her band is slightly over 1mm in a thread i read, so I was wondering if that was possible to mimic that band with your flush fit design...

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 11:41:17 AM
Author: Dodgers!
Hey MP,

First Off, Thanks for doing the legwork on the flush fit setting, as I have been refering to your design thread for inspiration during my design process with Mark at ERD. It's really great to have your design drawings to explain some of the parts that I couldn't describe otherwise. And your ring is awesome! I had one question though, did you choose 2.5mm band based on your preference? or was there a band size requirement to support your custom doughnutless basket? I am looking for mark to do something similar except with a thinner band (1.3-1.5mm) with less metal showing in the micro pave. My GF really likes the delicate look of the thin HW band, and Angelainjapan mentions that her band is slightly over 1mm in a thread i read, so I was wondering if that was possible to mimic that band with your flush fit design...
Hey Dodger,
During the design process ERD's chief designer ran through several CAD drawings and it was determined that the band had to be 2.5mm in order for there to be enough metal there to support the four lower struts coming to an apex under the halo. That may discount my design in favor of a cathedral, which I know can be done as thin as 1.8mm. Of the top of my head I believe AngelaJapans ring was 1.8mm wide. 1.3-1.5 is a lot to ask of a ring to support a large center stone.

I will say that the 2.5mm wide band is very delicate, escpecially since I went on the larger side of things with a 1.55 ct center stone. With the additional of the halo the band is as delicate as can be to be able to accomodate the design.

You can certainly ask them to replicate the profile on the shank similar to the Harry Winston. I specifically asked for the smooth platinum edge on the band next to the diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results