shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mark T custom Harry Winston inspired engagement ring that allows for a flush fit with a wedding b

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Congrats on such a beautiful ring!
36.gif
36.gif

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
WOWZA!!!!

WE NEED HAND SHOTS
31.gif
AND DONT BE SHY!

MP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The hand shots will be coming, no worries on that. Likewise, the wedding band will be ordered at a later date. I went way over budget on the engagement ring and I need some time to recover.

I forgot that now I have to plan a proposal. You girls are rough on us guys. So what do you guys think something simple and intimate on a beach proposal, or going all out at a restaurant?

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is truly lovely - great job! You must be so pleased with it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 5:37:40 PM
Author: MP
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The hand shots will be coming, no worries on that. Likewise, the wedding band will be ordered at a later date. I went way over budget on the engagement ring and I need some time to recover.

I forgot that now I have to plan a proposal. You girls are rough on us guys. So what do you guys think something simple and intimate on a beach proposal, or going all out at a restaurant?

How about a nice dinner, and then a walk on the beach (where you propose)? Im bias though, b/c that's how MH proposed while we were in Puerto Rico. It really was perfect though!!!
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 5:37:40 PM

I like Dani''s suggestion a lot, but really, just make it "you" so that it feels right. My hubby had a dinner all planned for my birthday, when he was going to propose, and he went to pick up our ring in the morning, and then he came home and got so excited he ran up the stairs and jumped in bed where I was sleeping in and reading, and said in one breath: "I love you I want to spend the rest of my life with you will you marry me?" It was a complete surprise, and very sweet and very him, so you don''t always need the bells and whistles to make a special memory.

But bells and whistles sure are nice too!!

DD

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is amazingly beautiful! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
MP it''s beautiful!! I always wanted a setting like that, but I''ve already got my ering so....I''m dreaming to have it someday as a RHR :)
How about some hand shots?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
MP, the ring looks even better now that it''s done! it''s truly beautiful!
36.gif

your lady will be estatic about it. she''s lucky to have you too!

as for your proposal, all i gotta say is if you''re planning to propose at a restaurant, make sure she''s the type that''ll like a public proposal. if she prefers to be more private and intimate, then i might say go with the proposal on the beach. that one is always a classic. i don''t think you can go wrong. just make sure there''s street lights around so she can see that beauty when you ask her!
30.gif

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 1:41:58 AM
Author: Kissmark
MP it's beautiful!! I always wanted a setting like that, but I've already got my ering so....I'm dreaming to have it someday as a RHR :)
Thanks Kiss, there is always that ten year anniversary to look forward too. It's amazing how much my knowledge has changed in the daimond and setting department over the last couple of months. I was always anti-solitaire and anti-three stone so I didn't have a ton of options when it came down to a genre of ring. It was either going to be a halo or a center stone with pave on the band. Thankfully I looked at every thread with a halo and really started to like the Harry Winston themed rings I saw. Likewise, working with Gary at ERD made the process very easy and convenient to really come off with a one off piece.

At the end of the day it's pretty amazing to be able to tell your fiance that she is wearing a custom piece and that she is the only one in the world with this particular setting.
face20.gif

Everyone, thanks for all the comments both on the ring and proposal. I think a more intimate beach proposal is the way to go. Likewise, she loves the shore so it will be nice to do it there and she can always remember where it happened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 10:29:31 AM
Date: 3/12/2008 1:41:58 AM

Author: Kissmark

MP it's beautiful!! I always wanted a setting like that, but I've already got my ering so....I'm dreaming to have it someday as a RHR :)

Thanks Kiss, there is always that ten year anniversary to look forward too. It's amazing how much my knowledge has changed in the daimond and setting department over the last couple of months. I was always anti-solitaire and anti-three stone so I didn't have a ton of options when it came down to a genre of ring. It was either going to be a halo or a center stone with pave on the band. Thankfully I looked at every thread with a halo and really started to like the Harry Winston themed rings I saw. Likewise, working with Gary at ERD made the process very easy and convenient to really come off with a one off piece.

At the end of the day it's pretty amazing to be able to tell your fiance that she is wearing a custom piece and that she is the only one in the world with this particular setting.
face20.gif

Everyone, thanks for all the comments both on the ring and proposal. I think a more intimate beach proposal is the way to go. Likewise, she loves the shore so it will be nice to do it there and she can always remember where it happened.

Yes, definitely, MP. I have always loved the beach too, so my proposal will always be extra special to me, b/c it happenned at one of my most favorite places....

MP

Shiny_Rock
^^^Thanks Dani, I have several people that are on both sides of the fence in terms of telling me to do something over the top and public, versus just going down to the beach telling her that I love her and proposing. I think what I might do is go get some Godiva chocolate strawberries, take them with us to the beach, lay a blanket out and put the ring box in the chocolate box. We'll see.

Here are a few more shots to hold you guys over until I get those hand shots.

12345alpha.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
Got to love those beer nuts!!

12345Beta.jpg

MP

Shiny_Rock
A little fire never hurt either!

12345Omega.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new pics!! i''m with the camp that a private proposal would be better, but that''s b/c I would not want the attention of a public proposal and i''m a fairly outgoing person. I think the chocolates on the beach idea is very sweet and romantic.

MP

Shiny_Rock
A buddy of mine gave me another cool idea. Basically he said it would be very cool if I found a fake clam, put the ring in it, and drop it on the beach when we are out there. Then say something like, "I found a clam maybe there is a pearl inside!" Being down on one knee as I go down to pick it up and then opening it so she can see it in all it''s glory as a surprise. Then popping the big question.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP - your ring turned out AMAZINGLY beautiful, she is going to flip!!! the proportion of the halo to the cushion is pefection. i think it is so sweet seeing how much effort you put into this. best wishes on your upcoming proposal.

my DH proposed on the beach, my favorite place in the world, and it warms my heart every time i think of it. it was a simple proposal (also a surprise to me as it will be to your GF) on a freezing new england day in march, and i loved every second of it. also, i love your chocolate box idea and the clam idea - a fun and romantic touch to what will already be a very special moment.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Just back from the honeymoon, and had to check to see whether there was an update on the MP Ring Saga - lo and BEHOLD!!!!

I can''t say anything that hasn''t already been said, other than to say that it is even more beautiful than I had envisioned. It''s a masterpiece!!

I will be checking back during the first part of next week for handshots.

Congratulations, MP.... I can''t wait to read the proposal story!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
It''s very beautiful!!! A beach proposal sounds really nice. We need more pics :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s incredible!!!! We must see more pics!!!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
MP, we''re all waaaiiiii-ting. Day''s almost half-gone.
31.gif

Don''t tell me you''re taking St. Patrick''s Day OFF!??!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

MPs Girl

Rough_Rock
UPDATE!!!!

He did it!!!!! MP proposed to me on 3/15/08 on the beach. It was perfect. I was so excited and cried and of course said yes! He had it lined up so that we would have dinner with my parents that night. I also had another surprise.....A book with all the details of all the effort my new fiance put into the ring. He also let me know that you all helped with the ring as well. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Trust me we took tons of handshots and I emailed them to him. I'm sure they will be up first thing in the morning.

Thanks to all of you on pricescope. I love my ring and I'm glad we got to share our story.

MP- I love you with all my heart and can't wait to marry you!!!! Besos!

MPs Girl

Rough_Rock
sorry for the blank post I was trying to get hand shots.
I''ll let MP work on those for you guys.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, MP''s girl!!! You are very lucky....your man worked so hard on finding (creating!) you the perfect ring. Its gorgeous, and I cant wait to see handshots......Enjoy this very special time!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both :) the ring is truly beautiful :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome MP''s girl...congrats on your engagement. can''t wait for those hand shots!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results