shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's so hard to find pretty green dress shoes-actually green dress shoes in general. So I found these Nine West medium green satin stilettos, and I think they're gorgeous. I've been lusting after these shoes for about a month now, but for some reason I'm hesitating buying them and I can't figure out why. I'm sure it has something to do with the $89 dollar price tag plus shipping, and I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't know what size to order. Until recently I could buy 8/8.5 without even thinking about it, but then I found out that my feet seem to have shrunk a little bit and now I can wear a 7.5 or an 8 but it really depends on the shoe. And because it has a strap in the back-although it's adjustable-I'm worried that if I get a 8 it'll be too big and with a 7.5 too small.

For the record I don't have anything to match them to, but I am not a matchy matchy shoe/purse/outfit person. But blue, green and purple are my favorite colors (in that order) so I wear them a lot and tend to mix them a lot.

I have a pair of Jessica Simpson's that are exactly the same shape and they're a 7.5 but a tiny bit narrow in the foot bed, but they're on the smallest hole.

And I feel comfortable spending $90+ on shoes because I just got my tax return, but I suppose there is always concern spending any money on frivolous items when you could spend that cash on groceries or other stuff. Especially when you're a student...

Nine West Shoes on the site

Basically I'm really confused and need some guidance.

Any advice for me ladies? Comments? Opinions on the shoes?

luxious Nine West.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the Jessica Simpson shoes that are the same shape and a 7.5 for comparison.

ETA: They are a peep toe, but it's a bit smaller of an opening.

DSCF5410.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
FC, I really like Dillard's and you can find some great sales there if you are patient. Also, you might check out Zappo's; they offer free shipping both ways sometimes. I wish I had more suggestions. Best wishes on finding some great shoes
1.gif

eta: Zappos carries Nine West and Jessica S; I like the Jessica S ones best (just my 2 cents)
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I ordered these (I think you recommended them to me!) to see if I love them as much as/more than the way more expensive Jcrew ones. I should be getting them tomorrow so I can let you know how they are with sizing and stuff!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 1:38:09 AM
Author: oobiecoo
I ordered these (I think you recommended them to me!) to see if I love them as much as/more than the way more expensive Jcrew ones. I should be getting them tomorrow so I can let you know how they are with sizing and stuff!

Thanks Skippy, I found some Jessica Simpsons that I think are really cute. And I love Dillards'' sales-too much. Last time I was there...
38.gif
27.gif
11.gif
9.gif
Those emoticons- BF, me, me, me)

Yeah that was me oobiecoo-I haven''t been able to get them out of my head! So let me know how they fit and stuff, because they are really cute! And feel free to take pics too!!
3.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Solestruck
lets you shop by color, does that help?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow mercoledi what a cool site! I hadn''t seen that one before (
23.gif
shocked) and I think it''s pretty fantastic. It is now bookmarked... I just don''t think anyone is making any pretty green shoes right now-that is that are under $300. Poo.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a total no brainer....
order them from zappos.
if i have never tried the shoe style/maker on before, i will order the two sizes i run between and then send one back. it's free shipping both ways, so you have absolutely nothing to lose!
36.gif
even if you decide that they are not exactly what you were wanting, you get a full refund, including shipping.
also...they are shipped overnight. bonus!

btw...i am totally wanting a pair of awesome green shoes. i am in love with green lately. i would buy some green shoes even though i don't have anything to go with them either!
37.gif

best of luck!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My shoes came today! I think I will probably wear these for my wedding and return the similar Jcrew shoes. The color is actually a bit more vivid in real life than the website pic (at least on my computer screen). The buckle area has a leather strip on top of where the holes are so that the satin doesn''t get too worn. The bottom is nice too because it is textured instead of being smooth slippery leather. They are a little higher than I would like but are actually some of the most comfortable shoes I''ve tried so the height doesn''t really bother me. I normally wear a 5 or 5.5 and my foot is a bit wide so I was worried that the size 5 may not work but its actually perfect! I totally recommend them!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oobiecoo!! Please tell me you have pics? I''m glad you like them so much-I was a little worried they wouldn''t live up to your or my expectations!

belle I would probably freak out if almost $200 was taken out of my account at once-you know start hyperventilating and...ok not really, but I do get a little paranoid about my $$$ situation at times just because this is a pretty big splurge for me. But hey, it''s 43 days from my birthday, I just got my tax return, and I deserve it dang it!

I''m so in love with green right now! I bought a cute green dress from Ann Taylor Loft not too long ago, and I''ve been on the lookout since then.

Oh gosh-these are really pretty too, and only $69 on the Nine West site: Liatris in green suede

I have some other Nine Wests that I''m going to try on right now, and I''ll report back....ok those are 8s and the strap (it''s the Accolia) is on the tightest hole. If they are too big I could probably get away with putting some kind of ball of the foot pad in there to take up some room. The real problem is that my left foot is about an 8 and the right is a 7.5 but I''m thinking a little extra room is never a bad thing.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 10:59:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oobiecoo!! Please tell me you have pics? I''m glad you like them so much-I was a little worried they wouldn''t live up to your or my expectations!

belle I would probably freak out if almost $200 was taken out of my account at once-you know start hyperventilating and...ok not really, but I do get a little paranoid about my $$$ situation at times just because this is a pretty big splurge for me. But hey, it''s 43 days from my birthday, I just got my tax return, and I deserve it dang it!

I''m so in love with green right now! I bought a cute green dress from Ann Taylor Loft not too long ago, and I''ve been on the lookout since then.

Oh gosh-these are really pretty too, and only $69 on the Nine West site: Liatris in green suede

I have some other Nine Wests that I''m going to try on right now, and I''ll report back....ok those are 8s and the strap (it''s the Accolia) is on the tightest hole. If they are too big I could probably get away with putting some kind of ball of the foot pad in there to take up some room. The real problem is that my left foot is about an 8 and the right is a 7.5 but I''m thinking a little extra room is never a bad thing.
don''t freak freke (sorry...i had to!) it would be a very temporary transaction. unlike most places, they refund you the minute they get the return back (unlike some others that seem to take their sweet pippity time!) so, the total time from order to return would be a week at the very most (assuming you shipped the others back right away)
however, you could also order and exchange if the size was wrong. see...i made the suggestion of getting both at the same time because i am allllll about instant gratification.
11.gif
but obviously, the exchange solution would work too. and....it would only be a week(ish) turnaround time. not too bad for having them delivered to your door. easy peasy.

you''re right, a little extra room isn''t bad. but...you don''t want too much extra room either. i''ve done that before and it ain''t comfy!
37.gif

i like the luxious better than the liatris (that knot is super cute!) but they are both yummy in the green!
36.gif

have you looked at naughty monkey? they make some super cute shoes too.

btw....is your new green dress a real green dress?
34.gif
9.gif
(if you know what i''m referring to, that would be funny. of course, if you don''t, then it won''t be and i will have to ''splain.
2.gif
)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 11:25:52 PM
Author: belle
Date: 3/10/2008 10:59:30 PM

Oobiecoo!! Please tell me you have pics? I'm glad you like them so much-I was a little worried they wouldn't live up to your or my expectations!

belle I would probably freak out if almost $200 was taken out of my account at once-you know start hyperventilating and...ok not really, but I do get a little paranoid about my $$$ situation at times just because this is a pretty big splurge for me. But hey, it's 43 days from my birthday, I just got my tax return, and I deserve it dang it!

I'm so in love with green right now! I bought a cute green dress from Ann Taylor Loft not too long ago, and I've been on the lookout since then.

I have some other Nine Wests that I'm going to try on right now, and I'll report back....ok those are 8s and the strap (it's the Accolia) is on the tightest hole. If they are too big I could probably get away with putting some kind of ball of the foot pad in there to take up some room. The real problem is that my left foot is about an 8 and the right is a 7.5 but I'm thinking a little extra room is never a bad thing.
don't freak freke (sorry...i had to!) it would be a very temporary transaction. unlike most places, they refund you the minute they get the return back (unlike some others that seem to take their sweet pippity time!) so, the total time from order to return would be a week at the very most (assuming you shipped the others back right away)

however, you could also order and exchange if the size was wrong. see...i made the suggestion of getting both at the same time because i am allllll about instant gratification.
11.gif
but obviously, the exchange solution would work too. and....it would only be a week(ish) turnaround time. not too bad for having them delivered to your door. easy peasy.

you're right, a little extra room isn't bad. but...you don't want too much extra room either. i've done that before and it ain't comfy!
37.gif

i like the luxious better than the liatris (that knot is super cute!) but they are both yummy in the green!
36.gif

have you looked at naughty monkey? they make some super cute shoes too.

34.gif
9.gif
(if you know what i'm referring to, that would be funny. of course, if you don't, then it won't be and i will have to 'splain.
2.gif
)

Darn it I don't know what a real green dress is.
8.gif
39.gif
I feel so left out...So please explain!

I tried to put the 8M in my basket/shopping cart/bag at Zappos and they don't have it in my size. I am not a happy camper...
14.gif

However, in other news, Nine West has both Liatris and Luxious in 8M (I can wear 8N too-I'm weird) and BF prefers the Liatris, and has said that he *might* be willing to purchase them for me.
23.gif
3.gif
But I have to let him read, because he has to finish a book by Wednesday, so I'm being good by pouring over PS and not bugging him.

Plus, it turns out that the price for the Luxious at Zappos is $93 and shipping is free, while at Nine West the price is $89, but shipping is $10. However(!), it's $10 no matter how many pairs of shoes you order (well at least the two that are in my "bag" at the moment). And the price for the Liatris is $69. So....I'm thinking that I'll let him read, and then ask him about it later.

Two pairs of cute dressy green shoes?! I'm all about it!

Oh! And here's the green dress (which I doubt would match either of the shoes...) Green Ann Taylor dress

ETA: It drives BF nuts that my SN is spelled wrong. I laughed out loud when I read the "don't freak freke" thing. Very cute!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know how I''ve missed this thread...but it''s a good one!

Frekechild, if you like JS shoes, you would probably like BCBGirls, which I completely adore! I usually get mine through nordie''s online or on sale in the sale room at Von Maur.

Love the green shoes you posted, though, they are really cute and I can see them with a LBD or jeans, or whatever they might tie in with. Great choice!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Monarch!

I love JS (but only the shoes, she''s too...ditzy) and I love BCBGirls! I only have one pair-silver strappy 2 inch heel things-that I got last summer. I have had my eye on another pair for a while, but am waiting for them to go down in price.

These are the silver ones: linky

And these are the ones I keep lusting after: linky
but it looks like they only have a 7.5 so we''ll see.

I also love these JS''s: linkety link link
because they''re so fun and crazy. I have no idea where or what I''d wear them with though!

And these are great but way out of my price range: link

I almost forgot this pair of BCBGirls: link
which are totally crazy and not something I''d normally wear, but for some reason, I''m digging them.

Have you been eying any shoes lately?
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are AMAZING: link

I don''t NEED a tax return right?! Who needs GROCERIES anyway?!

...whimper...

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I find nine west to be extremely comfortable given how tall the shoes of theirs I wear are. I do find that their shoes run about half a size bigger than my other shoes though.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 11:25:52 PM
Author: belle
34.gif
9.gif
(if you know what i'm referring to, that would be funny. of course, if you don't, then it won't be and i will have to 'splain.
2.gif
)
Belle, not a real green dress
23.gif
that's cruel!
3.gif
31.gif
2.gif

I am in love with green right now too FrekeChild! Love the shoes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is up with this real green dress business? I searched but didn''t have time to look very hard. Dang it.

Turns out BF decided to be a sweetie and bought me the Liatris and the Luxious. Both in green of course! So I should get them in about 7 days.

So who wants to explain the real green dress?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2008 8:27:20 PM

...whimper...
With those on your tootsies, you''ll forget all about groceries. Hee hee.
9.gif
Tax return? Poof! gone. But hey, your feet look good, and you''ve just done your part in boosting our economy. So actually you deserve a huge pat on the back!
11.gif

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 1:20:57 AM
What is up with this real green dress business? I searched but didn''t have time to look very hard. Dang it.

Turns out BF decided to be a sweetie and bought me the Liatris and the Luxious. Both in green of course! So I should get them in about 7 days.

So who wants to explain the real green dress?
I''ll bite. It''s from the song "If I had $1000000" by the Barenaked Ladies. In one of the early verses, they sing "If I had $1000000/I''d buy you a fur coat/But not a real fur coat, that''s cruel." In a later verse, in the same spot, they replace "fur coat" with "green dress." It''s a bit silly, because there''s nothing cruel about a green dress.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 8:27:20 PM

...whimper...

*DROOL*

I LOVE Weitzman''s.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of this thread earlier tonight while watching a SATC rerun (the one where Carrie loses her shoes while attending a kids b-day party or something, then resolves the issue by registering at M. Blahnik''s for the same pair of shoes saying she married herself). None of that has anything to do with the OP. Just saying. And it made me realize that I need to keep buying gorgeous shoes...some wonderful day I wiill splurge on a pair of Manolo''s or CL''s...but not anytime soon. BCBGirls? Yes, absolutely. I can still scrape up $100 to buy a very stylish pair of shoes in these tough economic times...but I''m thinking the MBs and CLs will just have to wait.
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 4:34:45 AM
Author: monarch64
I was thinking of this thread earlier tonight while watching a SATC rerun (the one where Carrie loses her shoes while attending a kids b-day party or something, then resolves the issue by registering at M. Blahnik''s for the same pair of shoes saying she married herself). None of that has anything to do with the OP. Just saying. And it made me realize that I need to keep buying gorgeous shoes...some wonderful day I wiill splurge on a pair of Manolo''s or CL''s...but not anytime soon. BCBGirls? Yes, absolutely. I can still scrape up $100 to buy a very stylish pair of shoes in these tough economic times...but I''m thinking the MBs and CLs will just have to wait.
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Ditto. My SO was kind enough to buy me a pair of Stuart Weitzman''s for Christmas a few years ago, and just last week I bought a pair of fab Coach shoes for $70 (marked down from $300!). The Manolo''s and CL''s and JC''s are all going to have to wait, unfortunately.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee hee hee. You ladies are silly.

As for the green dress thing-WEIRD. Weird weird weird.

You know, I''ve never really gotten into SATC. But I''m always tempted to watch it so that I can see the shoes.

Is it weird that I''ve promised myself that I will one day own at least one pair from most couture designers? JC, MB, SW, CL, etc.

And $100 for shoes? You betcha! $300+? Gonna have to wait.
39.gif

I still want those SWs though! Gorgeous!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 1:53:18 PM
I still want those SWs though! Gorgeous!

My BF got me my SW''s because he kept hearing about how I just HAD to have them. Seriously, the minute I saw them, I knew that they had to be mine someday. There were no if''s or but''s about it, I NEEDED those shoes. Silly, I know, but there was no denying them. I mean, sometimes you see shoes you want or THINK you need, but then you don''t get them and all ends up right in the world. These ones, though... man. I just had to have them and I must have talked about them every single day.

I guess he took pity on me or something.
9.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I know it seems that I''m always thread-jacking your threads with all of MY shoe talk, Freke, and I''m sorry for that. BUT, I finally got a picture of my SW''s and thought I''d share.
18.gif

Disclaimer: this picture does them absolutely NO justice.

stuartwshoe.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Star-Seriously you are TOTALLY welcome all of my threads with shoe talk. I love shoes, and I pretend shoes love me too. And the more shoes I see...the more I want. Ugh.

BTW-I love the SWs. You could wear them with anything! dress it up, dress it down...Where are feet pics? LOL.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 3:45:48 PM
Star-Seriously you are TOTALLY welcome all of my threads with shoe talk. I love shoes, and I pretend shoes love me too. And the more shoes I see...the more I want. Ugh.

BTW-I love the SWs. You could wear them with anything! dress it up, dress it down...Where are feet pics? LOL.

Ask and ye shall receive! This is the gold version that I originally fell in love with. My mom also thought they looked gorgeous, so she snapped this picture while I was trying them on.

When I get my toes re-painted, I''ll get a foot shot of the ones DBF ended up getting me.

swgold.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess who just got 2 pairs of green Nine West delivered to her door?

Me! That''s who!

And now I''m going to go take pictures!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. First a fair warning. My legs are WHITE. Seriously, it''s bad. And my toenails need to be painted again.

Also, it''s amazing how fat your ankles can look from these angles I was taking the pics at. BF was standing there laughing at my goofy positioning, and after a few minutes of that, there was no way I was going to ask him to take the pics for me.
20.gif

Anyway! Debuting Nine West Liatris and Luxious! One on each foot, so you can see the color/texture difference.

DSCF5919.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results