shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible problem with new Diamond Sapphire ring...should I let it bother me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
I posted pictures of my 10yr anniversary ring (not sure how to do a forum link but it shouldn''t be too far behind this post. I couldn''t get a clear picture of the "problem", so here is a picture of the stock ring my ring was based on for reference. The problem is that on the outer sides there are cut outs and one side is noticibley narrower, and smaller, than the other. I hope that makes sense. My husband isn''t too bothered by it and said that it was probably natural for them to be not quite even after setting the stones. I hate the thought of sending it back. Am I being too picky?

Thanks,
Amanda

sampleset.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you take a picture of the area up close for us?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandas, the ring is gorgeous but it is hard to see in your pics as to how different the cutouts really are. I agree with Ellen...can you post a side view of your ring so we can see?

mandas

Rough_Rock
I took a couple of quick shots. Here''s one.

my2335.JPG

mandas

Rough_Rock
Here is another...

my2336.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see what you mean, the one on the right is noticably smaller. Personally, it would bug me, and if it will bug you, I''d have it redone. It''s just a matter of whether you can "get over it" or not.

diamondpak

Rough_Rock
I can see it too. If I were you I would definately send it back for them to redo it.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I would give send them the pictures that you posted here. Hopefully they will offer to redo it. It''s gorgeous!!!!!!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you''re being too picky at all and I think it would take A LOT for me to consider a girl talking about her engagement/wedding/whatever ring to be "too picky!" It will be your ring forever and if it bothers you now then it will most likely bother you for a long time. I would get it fixed even though you will hate it while it''s gone, you will love it all the more when it comes back perfect. Your ring should be perfect!
face6.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Not that you shouldn''t be 100% satisfied, but is it possible that the shape of that stone warranted a slighlty one-off shaping of the basket? IMHO When pointed out, it is clearly not in your imagination at all, and all the same it''s not something that is seeable to my eye without being asked to look.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contact them and send them the pic''s that illustrate the problem. Then, get an agreement as to the action (i.e. they''ll fix it) - then tell them you''d like to hang onto it for 30 days and enjoy it b/f giving it up - there really shouldn''t be any problem. OR, maybe you just want to get it over and done with asap - so send it back and it will be made perfect for you. I know I would want to enjoy it and play with it a bit, knowing that there''s a gameplan in place. Good luck!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! I would send it back and have them fix it! if it bugs you now, it will only continue to get worse, trust me! I had a local jeweler set my stone and at first I didn''t notice, but after a while I could see it was set crooked AND the bands were not soldered together evenly. Most people would have never noticed the soldering job, but it bugged the heck out of me! Instread of sending it back to the local jewler, I opted to send it back to Signed Pieces to have them fix everything.

Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would bug me too!! It''s such a lovely setting, but I see exactly what you are saying. Have them re do it for you.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone. It should be perfect and if it bugs you now....it will bug you forever!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Send it back! I had a problem with my ring and even though it killed me to part with it I sent it back so it could be fixed. You want it to be perfect!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get it fixed, no question.

DD

aka "little miss picky pants"

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is quite noticeable, and it would bug me...I would send it back.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would bother me too. I''d send it back and have them fix it.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone. I just wanted to see if it was "normal" or not. I sent the pictures along with an email to my sales rep. at JamesAllen and I am sure they will come through with excellent customer service. I just hate to be apart from "frosty" for even a day now
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the ring is handmade, you can expect some small things that are not perfect. I would ask them about it, but even if they offer to work on it, just remember that it may not be perfectly the same on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results