shape
carat
color
clarity

Sometimes my husband is silly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of months ago, my husband was talking on the phone to his mother, and when he got off he mentioned that she''d gotten a new diamond ring. I, of course, wanted to know all of the details. He knew that it was a 2 ct. oval, but that''s all he could remember.

Recently, we visited with my in-laws, so I finally got to see the ring in person and get the details from my mother-in-law. Is it a 2 ct. oval? NO, it is a 2.3 ct. Old European Cut (H, VS1), with tapered baguettes in a platinum setting. Such a beautiful ring (especially on my mother-in-law''s teeny tiny fingers).

How he got 2 ct. oval out of 2.3 ct. OEC I do not know.

Of course, this is the same man who slandered his sister''s Asscher engagement ring (luckily she wasn''t offended). He just doesn''t get diamonds.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Clio...
38.gif
You mean to tell me you actually thought it would be a good idea to post about your MIL''s 2.3 OEC ring WITHOUT BRINGING US ANY PHOTOS??? *hits you in your head* Please go visit them again and bring your camera!
28.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could, but they just left for 2 months in Vietnam. Next time I see them, I will be taking pictures for sure! (also next time my parents come to visit - my mother has a ring with an antique cut that I think is an OEC)

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
dito to what surfgirl said!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2008 10:23:35 PM
Author: surfgirl
Clio...
38.gif
You mean to tell me you actually thought it would be a good idea to post about your MIL''s 2.3 OEC ring WITHOUT BRINGING US ANY PHOTOS??? *hits you in your head* Please go visit them again and bring your camera!
28.gif
Lol...I thought the very same thing! Torture I tell you, absolute TORTURE!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 10:23:35 PM
Author: surfgirl
Clio...
38.gif
28.gif
Lol, thanks for reminding me to post my own pictures! :) Rest assured for two months that your post has done some good in this world, Clio!
9.gif

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
But you know if she had gotten a car he could tell you how many cubic inches the engine had.
5.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Blue Jeans, ha, that''s so true!

Sigh, I know I should have pictures. I will rectify the situation as soon as I can after they get back in the country. Please forgive me!!!!
39.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
No pictures?!?!?!!?
29.gif

39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results