shape
carat
color
clarity

Having a Leon Mege setting made...need help to stay sane!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I seriously think I'm going to lose my mind! I'm having a setting made by Leon and have already dropped off the diamond. Now I'm getting all sorts of crazy thoughts about the well being of the diamond and trustworthiness issues. I've never worked with him before and though I've read tons of good things about him here, I can't help but think the worse. It is a pretty big leap of faith to leave such a valuable item with someone who I have no information about except what I've read on this website. I've been re-reading all the positive reviews to give me a piece of mind. And it didn't help that my jeweler was shocked to hear that I had to leave a stone with anyone for that long. He said common practice is for jewelers to make the setting based on the dimensions of the stone and ask for the stone at the very end of the process.

I would appreciate anything you can share to put my mind at ease. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next few weeks! I want to look forward to the finished product but at the same time am afraid to think about it. I'm probably just being overly paranoid. Sigh!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think you are being overly paranoid.
2.gif
Leon has had my stone for 4 weeks and it never crossed my mind to be concerned about it. He is entrusted with diamonds FAR more valuable than mine, so I don''t think I have any worries! I assume your stone is insured, right?

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Diamondnut, don''t worry too much. I''ve had two rings made by Leon and the first stone was with Leon for a few months (long story) and I knew it was in good hands. The rings were probably safer there than at home with me.
1.gif
Oh, and both stones were not insured.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006,
I read on another thread that you are having the classic solitaire made as well. How exciting! You will love it, it is sooo comfortable and showcases the stone very well. Since he''s had your stone for 4 weeks, is it going to be ready really soon?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Boom! Yes, I do expect it to be soon!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
If you have never read a single complaint (about this issue) that ought to tell you something. Seriously, the internet is a great 'record' of consumer experiences for predicting risk and possible consequences. I use it this way when I buy a car, or anything else.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2008 10:48:27 PM
Author: Imdanny
If you have never read a single complaint (about this issue) that ought to tell you something. Seriously, the internet is a great ''record'' of consumer experiences for predicting risk and possible consequences. I use it this way when I buy car, or anything else.
You are so right! That is why this forum is so valuable. There are thousands of buying experiences recorded and saved for future reference.

These vendors businesses depend on their reputation. I would not be concerned about leaving a stone with any of them other than some of the large drop-ship companies.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry! He is a true professional and you will have a stunning ring!

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone. i feel a little better. I know I''m just being a worrywart. I think it was the reaction I got from my jeweler when he learned I have to leave my stone at a setter for weeks. He just found it to be highly suspect and of course I was influenced by him. I guess the setters he works with just makes ''functional'' settings whereas leon makes actual pieces of art.

i can''t wait to get the ring, if only to put my mind to rest. and if you have anymore reassuring words, i''d really appreciating them!!

thank you all so much!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
your stone will be fine. many times jewelers actually will send the stones to the designers to be set and prefer to do it this way. pearlmans for example sends just about everyone''s stones to the designer because in their experience the settings get messed up with a local person sets the stones.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello,
I agree with the pps - your diamond I''m sure is safe n sound, don''t fret!
9.gif

I don''t have any personal experience with LM, but from everything I''ve read on here, he is a highly regarded professional and artist.
I would look at it like this - even though u may have to be waiting a lil longer than u would otherwise be comfortable with, at least you know someone that invests that sort of time and effort is going to create for you a truly beautiful ring. I know personally, I would rather wait longer and have something of finer quality.
5.gif

Don''t stress, and make sure to come back and post pics of ur beaut ring!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with all of the above. Stones are left with jewelers all the time. In fact, I''ve had an heirloom stone with a vendor for close to 4 weeks now while he makes me a setting. But he comes well recommended also. And that''s the key. You''re stone is fine.
2.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondnut - first let me say that you are lucky, lucky, lucky to be having your stone set into a creation by leon!

second, twice i shipped my loose diamond to a jeweler who then shipped it to a designer, then back to the jeweler and finally back to me. in one instance my diamond was gone for oh, four weeks? the second time it was closer to 8 weeks. i had the option of working with a local jeweler who would have sent the specs to the designer and had them build the ring based on that, then send it back to the jeweler to be set while i watched. however, i opted to send my stone to the designer to ensure the setting was a perfect fit (proportionally, not just technically) for my stone. i also trusted the designer to set the stone more securely than the jeweler (who has a decent reputation. but go figure... they set my mother''s stone and 6 months later it fell out).

neither designer was leon, but i would send him my stone in a heartbeat. i hope you post pictures when it is done!

P.S. nnot sure if it is too late, but you can insure your stone with jeweler''s mutual so that if something does happen you are covered. it would be more for peace of mind as the only thing i can see happening with leon would be a total (freak) accident, but just thought i would mention it in case it helps you feel better.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every ring I''ve seen here on ps turned out beautifully, you have nothing to worry about. Your stone is going to be safe and your ring is going to be made by one of the most amazing craftsman.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
again, thank you all. i will definitely post pictures once i get my ring. this is the most anxious i''ve ever been. thank you all for helping me get through this. you have no idea how much i appreciate it!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, don''t worry. He works with some gigantic diamonds as well (viewing them on his site) so I don''t think you have ANYTHING to worry about. I have sent my diamond to him 2x and it was a flawless transaction. I trusted him completely. Just be sure you show us your finished ring!

Waiting is very difficult, but so worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results