shape
carat
color
clarity

Need wedding band input please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Hey Ladies... our wedding is still months away but my FI and I have been trying to figure out what wedding band we think would go best with my ring. We love the setting... it''s a ritani design with graduated diamonds on the band (getting bigger as you go up towards the diamond) and it has diamonds on the prongs and side on the band... It''ll attach a couple of pictures so you can get an idea. FYI the center stone is 2ct and there are .5 ct of diamonds on the band.

For wedding bands we think we will stick with ritani but we are open to other ideas if you''ve got some.

Option 1: the thin eternity band that goes with the endless love collection... very thin and simple.

Option 2: 2 of thin eternity bands - one on each side. (FI is worried the two band look is not traditional enough, thoughts?)

Option 3: The matching graduated band that would be essentially the same as the engagement ring band.

Option 4: Getting a larger eternity band (to match the biggest diamond in the engagement ring band)

Sorry if that is not very clear. I''ll try to post pictures of those too.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

IMG_0744 web.jpg

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
The side view...

IMG_0817 web.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you been able to try any of these on with your er? that would be a big help for you to see which you prefer and also to get a feel for what you are comfortable with on you finger.

lovely ring btw...

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
The view from... my hand I guess. You can see that it''s not a full eternity band.

IMG_0708 web.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i think any of the combinations could work. have you gone to a ritani dealer to see which you all prefer and which might look best? personally, I like the widths of the bands to be the same and am a little matchy match with certain settings so I''d probably opt for the matching band. But, i''d have to see how it looked in person in order to decide.

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
And the other side view... we know the band diamonds will be covered... but we want to make sure the WB is thin enough that it does not come up too high and cover the prongs at all.

IMG_0703 web.jpg

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Here is the matching tappered band.

Ritani wband tappered.jpg

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Here is the thin eternity band... one or two of those.

Ritani wband thin.jpg

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
And a thicker version with larger diamonds.

Ritani wband.jpg

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice... I''ve been to our ritani dealer and they did not have the matching band or the thicker eternity band in. They will order them for us to try on if we want... So we''ll probably do that. I was just interested in some outside perspectives... so thanks!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ering is lovely! I think the best course of action is to match the smallest stones in your band on an eternity band...You might want to also try a plain band to see how it looks. Also, you could do a sort of eternity band with solid spaces dispersed in between the diamonds? Sort of like what your band looks like from underneath...bit of diamonds, bit of solid? Very pretty ring! Sanchez, one thing...is your top right prong okay? It looks twisted in the first photo and it worries me that you might have a loose prong...Maybe it's the photo?

ETA: I have personally found that an eternity band on both sides of a solitaire style setting greatly changes the look of a solitaire. I know when I wear my wband (eternity) with ering, you can clearly see the roundness of my ering center stone. But, when I put a band also in front of the ering, the entire look changes and you no longer see the definition of the center stone and it looks like one big ring. Try them on and see what it looks like because each ering will look different in the ring guard look!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Your engagement ring is just lovely. I love the matching band that you posted. I''d also get a plain band to give yourself a couple options.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring...I think that any one of the bands you posted would be beautiful with your e-ring. I am torn between the matching one and the thin eternity...I think that I would probably go with the thin eternity, though! I think that your best bet would be to try them all on and see what you think.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s tough to tell w/o seeing them together, but my hunch is the matching band will look the best - good luck!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know everyone''s not into the matchy-matchy thing....... but I do love that Ritani matching tapered band. It''s gorgeous!
Then I''d take Coati''s advice and get a plain band to give yourself options BUT I''d get two plain 3mm bands. One for each side.
When I wear my Mom''s platinum fishtail set round, I like wearing a band on either side. Then too, I sometimes wear it with my platinum eternity. Choices are good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results