shape
carat
color
clarity

Help w/ diamond sapphire anniversary ring...the saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

I posted around the first of the month asking for opinions on a diamond I selected from jamesallen.com. I received great feed back on the diamond and setting and moved forward. Well, since then they have been having a difficult time finding light to med. ceylon blue sapphires for the sidestones. This is a three stone 10 year anniversary ring that would have the sapphires on the sides and the 1.12ct J/SI1 that I selected in the center.

Here is the link to the setting: http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_260-491_build.asp?module=setting

Here is the link to the diamond: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1111994

Please help me find my sapphires for the sides!!! I am beginning to think that this ring is just not meant to be.

Amanda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried contacting Wink at winfields? He has come up with some gorgeous colored stones for pricescopers here. maybe also try The Natural Sapphire Co.? I also think Jeff White who cut neatfreaks amazing sapphire in a current thread in the show me the ring forum might be able to even cut something for you and from what i''ve read, his pricing is very reasonable.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your suggstions. I will call Wink at Winfields on Monday and see if he can help. I saw some beautiful rings on the Winfields site.

Another question if you all don''t mind. Is it a good idea to have the diamond sent to me for inspection first? I am so new at this I am not sure what I would be looking for? On paper it looks great and I don''t know if I would recognize anything wrong.

Thanks again,
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results