shape
carat
color
clarity

No. 67 takes the cake. But he can''t eat it too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot believe that he expected your mom to put him up! Seriously, how do people not know basic manners. The cheek of him. Sorry to hear that you''re stressing-just remember it will be worth it on the day. And get your man to book his own hotel room-especially if he sits on his behind all day!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
FI''s sister is friends with him too, and she told me that he occasionally just flakes out like this and acts like a spoiled brat. Then she ignores him for a few weeks or a couple of months until he gets his head screwed on straight again.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 2:14:30 PM
Author: Independent Gal

The thing that is really killing me right now is that it''s inconsiderate enough to ASK to stay at someone''s mother''s house, like Birdie did. But the idea that you become irate, and have a sense of expectation that you OUGHT to be put up. That''s outrageous.
I can''t believe someone would expect that. It''s just not right.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope was hoping it was just a cultural misunderstanding after you said that you didn''t speak FH and No 67''s language fluently. Ugh. What a nightmare. I can''t believe that he would just expect to be put up and then not back down when you emailed him back with his options.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Now I''m interested in knowing what your FI said to him...I certainly hope your FI is NOT paying for his hotel bill...!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no. FI sure as heck is not paying for his hotel. From what I understand, he gently but firmly pointed out that No. 67 had misunderstood, and that my mother''s house was not endlessly elastic. That she was only able to house family and those otherwise too poor to come to the wedding at all. He seems to have seen reason.

FI is extremely upset and embarassed at 67''s behaviour. So is his sister.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The nerve of some people... Ugh. I HATE when people expect a free ride... Like my FI''s parents. Unfortunately they''re pretty much getting it (not paying a penny, not hosting the rehearsal dinner, not doing anything, really, and getting dinner on us
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
). I HATE it.

I''m glad to hear you FI took care of it, Indy! But still... Gah!

And I support the motion about eloping. FI''s mother threatened to never speak to us again, AND WE SHOULD HAVE DONE IT! At least we wouldn''t have to hear her b!tch about everything anymore.
29.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
This morning I received a very gracious and sincere apology from No. 67. He admitted that his behaviour was very rude even if based partly on a misunderstanding.

I think that FI''s sister probably gave him a little nudge, explaining how the situation would look from mine and my mother''s perspective. But if so, good for her. And good for him for fessing up and taking responsibility.

Well, so far most of the bad behaviour has at least been managed, if you see what I mean. But it still does really take away from the joy of it all, having to manage it.
33.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
glad he saw the light (or was forced to see it). it is good when these things get resolved, but i get the sense that there''s nothing that can be done to take away the way in which the stress has detracted from the joy of the whole process. not that it''s a wedding ruiner, per se, but it just all seems so unnecessary if people would just turn on their brains.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 8:56:56 AM
This morning I received a very gracious and sincere apology from No. 67. He admitted that his behaviour was very rude even if based partly on a misunderstanding.

I think that FI''s sister probably gave him a little nudge, explaining how the situation would look from mine and my mother''s perspective. But if so, good for her. And good for him for fessing up and taking responsibility.

Well, so far most of the bad behaviour has at least been managed, if you see what I mean. But it still does really take away from the joy of it all, having to manage it.
33.gif
I''m glad to hear that... Sorry there''s been so much trouble!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad this was resolved. No.67 should be the least of your worries.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 8:56:56 AM

33.gif

I''m glad he saw the light...yikes! That kind of behavior can really suck the fun out of just about anything, but *cliche alert* try to just let it roll off your back. You''re a duck and he''s water!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results