shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I''m up in Roseville, about 15 miles east of Sacramento.

There are a lot of great ladies on here from the Bay Area, though!

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
Me: Candice, 21
Him: G, 24
Started dating: June 22, 2005
How you met: Through a friend
Expected engagement date: I''m not actually waiting for an engagement but I do feel that he is most likely the one. We have discussed spending the rest of our lives together on many occasions, but I am personally not quite ready for the actual marriage with my school situation, finances, and age.
Anything else?: I hope it''s okay that I''m in here even though I don''t expect to be married anytime soon!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Welcome! I love your name Miss Cuppycake.
Of course its okay that you are here even though you are not getting married soon ... If you love jewelry and diamonds
30.gif
, you''re in the right place!

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
Hehe thanks for being so welcoming! I love it here. I forgot to mention one more thing since you talked about the jewelry and sparkly things. This Christmas, I got a diamond promise ring from my bf - it''s very sparkly !
9.gif

meeya

Rough_Rock
Me : Meeya, 26
Him : R., 28
Started dating : October 28, 2003
How you met : School .. he would always keep me company in my practice room ( I was a piano major )
Expected engagement date : soon .......... hopefully ?? *sigh*

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 22

Him: 27

Started Dating: August 2003

How we met: We were both members of another online forum, and he was living in London. We were "friends" on the forum and the first time I went to London he offered to show me around a bit (he offered to this for any people who would be visiting London). I took him up on it, and I guess you could say we hit it off.

Expected engagement: Soon, probably within the next 6 months.

Addition: After having a transatlantic relationship for over 3 years, he finally finished school and moved to CA to be with me. We don''t live together, and in fact now live about a 45 minute drive away from each other (when he moved here I was going to grad school in another city, and when I finished I moved back home and stayed in school city due to work and commute hassles and whatnot). After going from an 10+ hour plane ride to a 45 minute drive away from each other, however, I''m not complaining.
1.gif
We''ve been ring shopping quite a few times, and are pretty close to selecting the perfect ring!

zilaras

Rough_Rock
Me: 22 ( 23 in less then 2 weeks)
Him: 24 ( almost 25)
Started dating: June 25th, 2007
How you met: Through his brother in December 2006
Expected engagement date: I think....and this is only my best guess sometime on or before July 4th of this year

Anything else?:
I met my SO in December 2006 through his brother who I was casually dating at the time. While I dated his brother my current SO we all hung out together a lot and he and I became friends. I always had this feeling about him as well that I couldn't quite place. When his brother and I stopped dating, my current SO and I remained in contact, and with the blessing of his brother, family, and friends my SO asked me out on date in June to a Harry Connick Jr. concert. We have been inseparable ever since.Even though it might have been an unconventional way to meet, I considered myself extremely blessed to have met and him and can not wait to spend the rest of my life with him!

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Me 33
Him 29
Location Dallas area
Started Dating August 07!!!
How you met I'm an L&D nurse and was down in the ER. One of the docs that I see occasionally down there asked if I was married and I said I'd recently divorced. He asked for some of my info and asked if it would be ok to set me up with his brother. He (my boyfriend) emailed me, then called me a few days later. We went out 2 weeks after we started talking and have been attached at the hip ever since! Totally made me believe in love at first sight!
expected engagement date probably by my birthday April 1st. I've been married before and never thought I'd want to get married again, especially to a guy that is almost 5 years younger than me!

other I was previously married for 11 years and have 2 kids, 7yr old boy and 4 yr old girl. I stated in another post that the minute I pulled up to the restaurant for my first date with my BF, I knew I'd marry him. Sounds so hokey but it's true. I've just gone through a pretty traumatic divorce with a lot of baggage and BF has been nothing but supportive and loving and is everything I've been wishing for the last 12 years of my life. My friend calls BF my gift and I know she's right! It's so much less stressful the second time around! Won't have to plan a big wedding, etc. Just get the ring and plan the date to go to my mom's boss (he's a judge!). Plan the fun honeymoon and reception party when we get home
36.gif
Older and wiser this time
31.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Me: 23 (24 in two weeks)
Him:
Started dating:
April 19th 2001
How you met:
We met in our Hman Biology class at college
Expected engagement date:
2008!! :) Don''t know when but he says this year! Yahoo!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 5:54:20 PM
Author: rubybeth
Me: Beth, 26

Him: S, 25

Location: Central Minnesota (an hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul)

Started dating: November 7, 2005.

I thought I''d add a photo of us, since somebody in the LIW forum asked for photos of us. This is me and S from our vacation last April/May to San Francisco, where we celebrated my birthday. S asked some Japanese girls (in Japanese!) to take our photo overlooking the crookedest street in the world, Lombard Street, and this was the result.
21.gif

sanfrancouplesmaller.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...rubybeth you two are so cute together!! And we have really similar glasses!
9.gif

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks FrekeChild! We''ve actually both gotten new specs since then, since mine broke
8.gif
and his were 8 million years old. Looking at that photo really makes me want another vacation really soon. Probably, I''ll have to wait for the honeymoon, though.
2.gif

sherlock10

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! This is such a fun website! I thought I''d add in my info since I''ve been reading for a while and finally registered!

Me: 28
Him: 29
Started dating: August 2000
How you met: We met at a college barbecue
Expected engagement date: Shoot. He''s blown through 2 deadlines I''ve given him so far, so I think he should just wait til August 2009 for our 10 year anniversary of when we met. Granted, I won''t be around that much longer...
11.gif
1.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Amanda, 27
Him: Ben, 23
Started Dating: April 2007
How We Met: Saw each other online and began talking, realized we had mutual friends and worked at the same place in high school.
Expected Engagement Date: Soon, I''m guessing within the next couple months. He told me he wants our parents to meet first, then ask my parents'' blessing, then propose and officially become engaged. The first step is our parents getting together for a meal this weekend. He wants to look at rings together within the next couple of weeks. A rough idea of what I like for a ring is my avatar.

sherlock10

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:33:02 PM
Author: bensbride
Me: Amanda, 27

Him: Ben, 23

Started Dating: April 2007

How We Met: Saw each other online and began talking, realized we had mutual friends and worked at the same place in high school.

Expected Engagement Date: Soon, I''m guessing within the next couple months. He told me he wants our parents to meet first, then ask my parents'' blessing, then propose and officially become engaged. The first step is our parents getting together for a meal this weekend. He wants to look at rings together within the next couple of weeks. A rough idea of what I like for a ring is my avatar.
Hey, I''m from Iowa! Where are you?

delilah

Rough_Rock
Me: Delilah, 35
Him: Bob, 37
Location: In our fantasy treehouse in the downtown historic distric of a small western town.
Started Dating: October 1993-February 1999...then brokeup.
7.gif
Back together since April 2007
How We Met: When we were 13 years old at the County Fair
Expected Engagement Date: Hopefully soon, but I am wanting it to be a surprise, so who knows when it will actually happen. The wait is killing me! The ring is on order and should arrive on February 5th, if not sooner.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m from the Loo (waterloo). Don''t judge, not all of us are gangsters.
6.gif
)

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
Me: C, 24
Him: A, 28

Started Dating: July 2004

How We Met: intramural sports team in college

Expected Engagement Date: SOON! HE HAS THE RING!!! (Shhhhh! I''m not supposed to have any idea!
17.gif
)

Anything else? I LOVE him! And it''s stupid to be jealous about other proposals, but I''m still a little green from the holidays when no fewer than SEVEN
20.gif
of my friends got engaged- all of whom have been together for less time than we have! He''s had the ring since the beginning of December, I just wish I knew when he was planning on whipping that sucker out of its box...

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
Me: 20
Him: 22
Started dating: April 25, 2004
How you met: High School Sweet Hearts
Engagement date: December 23, 2007
Wedding Date: (we think) May 29, 2010 I will be 23 & FI will be almost 25!

Anything else?:
1.gif
The most romantic day of my life was my Proposal!! Good Luck Girls!

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
I should have done this when I first joined, sorry!

Me: 24
Him: 26
Started dating: September 2006
How you met: We had a class together in college...but I had a serious boyfriend at the time. He tells me he fell in love with me sitting next to me every day but knowing he could never be with me - and I honestly had no idea, hehe...although I did think he was very cute. After we both graduated and moved away we fell out of touch, but then moved to the same city and ran into each other. We were both suddenly single, so we started dating. I know it sounds cliche, but after our first official date I said out loud "I am SO going to marry him!"
30.gif

Engagement date: In the next few months... but it''s supposed to be a complete surprise

Anything else?: This site is wonderful! All of you ladies are so knowledgeable and caring - thanks so much for sharing your experiences! I have to say I knew literally NOTHING about diamonds prior to joining... I stumbled upon this site while researching cushions because I knew that is what he purchased but I didn''t even know what they looked like!

1.gif
Now I am officially addicted!

KatM

Shiny_Rock
me: L
him: M
started dating about 2.5 years ago.
location: cleveland and chicago (we''ve been long distance for almost a year now)

we were set up on our first date, and basically started dating immediately after that.

expected engagement date: who knows, probably not for a few years to be honest. im here because it helps me to sort out my feelings without freaking him out too often.

TinkerTink

Rough_Rock
Me: 39
Him: 39
Started dating: July 2, 2000
How you met: Bar I was working at
Expected engagement date: WHo knows
Anything else?: I need advice. I have been with my current boyfriend for 7.5 years and we have been living together for the whole time also. I love him terribly but I feel that I am never going to get a commitment out of him. He never tells me he loves me, no affectionate, but when I have had enough of his BS he always stops me from leaving and tells me that things will change and that he is sorry. Right now I am currently going through a miscarriage and he is not there for me at all. WHat do I do. At 40 years old who would want me or how to I make this one commit and start a rel relationship with me.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
Tinkertink,

you might want to start a new thread just for your concern. That way, more people will see it.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 24
Him: 25 (almost 26)
Started Dating: July 07
How We Met: We actually met about 10 years ago, but only in passing. Started dating after my cousin''s wedding.
Expected Engagement Date: Not entirely sure. I''d like to be engaged by the end of this year-- a Christmas proposal would be the ultimate, in my book. That would be a good length of time (dating for almost a year and a half) as well as a nice time of year. But I don''t know what he is thinking as far as a timeline goes. We''ve already discussed it a lot and I know it will happen sometime. He really wants it to be a surprise, though, so he won''t give away too many details. (This is why I need to give him the ring ideas he asked for and then ''forget'' about it, muahaha).

Iolanthe

Rough_Rock
Me: Iolanthe, 25
Him: Anthony, 33
Started Dating: February 2006
How We Met: We met while waiting for coffee at the best place in town, Brunetti.
Expected Engagement Date: I have recently set an ultimatum date which was today. It all failed very miserably and i realise I love him and want to be with him forever. I just have to RELAX and trust to God that he will take care of me and propose when he is ready. This is really difficult for me... i am a really gung-ho girl (an estate agent and auctioneer) and I''m used to going out and achieving things exactly when i''m ready. I think this experience will be a little different. What do you say, ladies? Wish me luck while I wait!
26.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, look at all these newbs!!! Hello and welcome!!!!
36.gif

People here are really friendly and helpful, so if any of you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post about them. The folks here give great advice and are very supportive.

PS: rubybeth, you and S are so cute!!!
9.gif

rizz

Rough_Rock
I''m finally admitting to myself that I am a LIW, so I should introduce myself!

Me: 23
Him: 30
Started Dating: September 06
How We Met: Through a friend
Expected Engagement Date: Sometime this year!

1.gif

Calla18

Rough_Rock
Me: N- 24
Him: N- 27
Started dating: Jan. 2001, broke up in 2004 for a year
How you met: through mutual friends
Expected engagement date: hopefully within the year
30.gif

Anything else?:
We''ve been living together for a little over 1.5 years. I''m getting antsy!! This forum is wonderful and has truly educated me so much!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a huge lurker in this forum, so I''ve decided to come make my membership "official"
35.gif

ME: Meredith, 20
HER: Shannon, 21
STARTED DATING: April 20, 2007
HOW WE MEET: We go to college together, and only semi-knew each other for quite awhile. We finally made plans to hang out one night and watch movies, but it was an awkward situation, since neither of us was really sure that the other was interested in women, and we weren''t sure whether to call it a date. Short story- it was a wonderful first date... that ended up practically lasting weeks on end, since we''ve been inseparable ever since.
EXPECTED ENGAGEMENT DATE: In approximately 7 years after both of us finish undergrad and law school. Long time coming, but I''m patient!
ANYTHING ELSE: We''re young and have plenty of time on our hands. We''ve only been dating a short time, but we''re sure of ourselves as a couple. We plan to do a lot of growing and learning over the next 7 years, and we''re optimistic that everything will turn out wonderfully! We''ve been through a few hurdles, and have had more than our fair share of cruel words, lack of understanding from those we love, and having to validate our relationship as "real" more than we should have to. I''ll be here for ages, I''m sure.
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
35.gif

It''s interesting reading your post Meredith as my sister has just told us that she''s going out with a girl for the past few weeks. To me it''s no big deal but my parents are saying that it''s not a "real relationship" which is so stupid. She''s only 16 so I suppose that they think that she''s just experimenting but it''s tough trying to tell them that if she wants to date girls then there''s nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results