shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty "K"ristmas Bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
That''s very pretty...and SO white looking!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
K is for KILLER STONE! Love it, love it, love it!
30.gif

Questions, please...
1.gif
(Thanks!)

Exactly how much modification did you have done? What''s the width across, including the bezel, do you know? And how much "deeper" is the depth of the actual bezel than the culet of the diamond? Can we have a few pics showing the back, please? And does it flip much? And does the diamond seem any warmer than your J?

My new studs are Ks, about that size, and honestly, they are as white as can be. Obviously, there''s a size difference between those and my e-ring, and maybe that''s part of it, but they look as white to me as my Big J !!! Man I LOVE those killer K stones. OH! I''d LOVE to see a big ol'' honkin'' 3.5''er or so, K with fluoro! Be still my beating heart!!!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, your pendant is gorgeous and looks great on you. It''s a perfect size.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh it''s soooo pretty! What a gorgeous diamond! It looks very pretty on you. Congrats on your new sparklie!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!
30.gif
I am so inspired by these K''s...I think I see one in my (very near) future!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loving your new K!! It's so white and looks huge. I'm a big fan of bezel setitings, WF did a great job. Looks terrifc on you Mara!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Your new necklace is simply stunning! I love it, and it looks gorgeous on you!

Thanks for sharing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies!!! i am loving this beautiful K baby!! i am always telling WF that they should carry more K stones, I am so happy that they have slowly moved into that arena over the last few years.

Lynn I knew that this would get your attention!! Actually I don''t have the answers to a lot of your questions...I don''t know the width or anything like that. The culet doesn''t poke me so the barrel does cover up to the culet and from what I can tell visually (it''s hard to see), the barrel comes down a little farther than the culet but not by much. Also the crown of the stone slightly protrudes from the bezel setting.

As for modifications of the pendant...I have worked with WF enough on projects that they typically know what I am trying to say, even when I feel like I am not making a lot of sense. I got a custom quote and it was more than double vs going stock. Since I was unsure re: keeping this stone long term (I wanted a 1c or around there...and thought that I might upgrade this one eventually but seriously it seems so big I don''t think I will) ... I didn''t want to invest the $$ in a long-term pendant setting that wouldn''t fit a future stone as bezel is not like a 4 prong which can be stretched for larger sometimes.

When I had them make my sister''s bezel, I just stressed ''as thin a bezel as possible, as close to the Tiff pendant as possible with this style setting''...knowing that it wouldnt'' be remotely close but it would at least be OODLES better than just straight stock. So I basically said the same thing this time. WF, knowing that I wanted something like the Tiff pendant, just basically tried to get as close as possible.

Also, since I have worked with them so much, I am a much less demanding customer (or so I like to think)...I didn''t even ask for measurements on the bezel or how deep the pendant would be, would the culet poke, etc. I was like ''eh whatever'', I''m going for the stock and there''s only so much they can do, so I know that the best they can do is going to be enough, especially given that this is probably not my long-term FINAL setting. I''d be happy regardless is the bottom line I guess.

So, I was really pleasantly surprised when I saw the picture thinking HOLY MOLY the bezel is so amazingly thin around the stone, and in real life the thing is a friggin knockout!! Both Greg and I were bowled over by how beautiful this pendant is. I am soooooo happy with the choice and don''t think I''ll be upgrading (though don''t quote me) anytime soon. It seems huge to me compared to my .38 regent (I will try to get a comparison shot over the next few days) and I would imagine that it''ll tide me over for a long time...as I don''t wear much ''jewelry'' and typically I don''t get shrinkage on other pieces of jewelry like I do with my ring hehee.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummm-ohhh! Love it, Mara, that "K" looks like a "D" on your neck! Great setting, glad you and WF were able to achieve the perfect setting without too much fuss over the whole thing. You and Greg look adorable and your face is looking so slim these days, you skinny little thing! Maybe that''s why your new "K" looks so much bigger, nothing to do with the setting, more to do with the slimmer lines of your face, muahaha! Anyway, you look great, so does the pendant, and Merry Christmas to you and Greg.

Oh, almost forgot...did you let Miss P. try on the pendant, and if so, can we get pics of that? Hee hee. That''s the only thing lacking I see in this thread.
11.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Mara, its so pretty! you and Greg look so cute together too, love those xmas morning photos. What great cut stones, you are so right about the WF stones, I want a necklace just like yours!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG Mara your necklace is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
That K definitely looks like a D! More pictures!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WhiteFlash did a terrific job on the setting! I love it! I think it is perfect for daily wear! And the stone is amazing, too!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
MARA, it is AWESOME! Just PERFECT. I LOVE it!!!!!! It looks HUGE and the bezel is perfect! Way to go WF! Congrats on a KILLER K for SURE! I have a .59 I SI1 bezel pendant (....from BN....
40.gif
) and I do know what you mean about that little bezel really adding some punch in the size department. But after seeing your beauty, I'm definately in the market for a larger WF bezel in the future!!!
36.gif
And to heck with H-I-J, show me ACA K's! Your stone is PLENTY white and GoRgEoUs!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
took some more photos today...lynn these few are for you...more detail on the setting!

pendant j.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a good shot of the color in the stone, which isn''t visible in regular viewing, but against a white paper towel you can see some warmth!

pendant k.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

pendant l.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
per your request monnie! princess portia has some bling!!

pendant m.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

pendant n.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

pendant o.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the .38 regent and the .78 aca!

pendant p.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the .38 regent and the .78 aca!

pendant pa.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woops thought the last one didn''t go but it apparently did! last one...another pretty shot of both baubles. love this new pendant! the bezel somehow makes the stone seem so amazing CRISP inside!

pendant q.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new photos. Your diamond is stunning.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your .78 is huge! Do you think it''s too much for daily wear?

Just curious as now that I have my studs and new pendant, I feel lite up like a Christmas tree! lol I''m not sure if I''d want to upgrade either of those OR possibly get the earrings jackets in the spring. Have you tried the studs/jackes/pendant all together?
3.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the pics. Did Miss P get anything blingy for Christmas too?
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a little late to this thread due to Holiday travel and festivities...but Mara, it looks just gorgeous...perfect for everyday and i just cannot believe it''s a K...wow!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 3:59:26 PM
Author: MC
Your .78 is huge! Do you think it''s too much for daily wear?
Oh you silly, silly girl!!! A bit too much eggnog mayhaps???!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Hey, thanks for the additional pics, that''s what I wanted to see! Wow, with that open-backed setting, you get to see the HEARTS! How fun is THAT!!!
30.gif

WELL, if it were meeeee
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
the only thing I''d do differently is see if the "barrel" look of the bezel could''ve been modified to be a little less *deep*. It looks like you have lots of extra space under the culet, and I would think that once the culet was cleared, the "barrel" could stop. But, maybe that gives the pendant more "heft" to help prevent flipping? Me no know!!!!
40.gif

But other than that, I LURVE IT and I WANT IT!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe no portia didn''t get any blingie goodies this year but she got lots of treats!!!

lynn...i actually was trying to see where the culet ends and i think that the visual that it stops with a lot of room left is deceptive. or it could be that it prevents flipping. it doesn''t really flip so whatever it is, it works for me and i think it''s a fabulous job on a stock item. love it!

thanks gals!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Mara! It looks huge-I love it
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results