shape
carat
color
clarity

Help surprise my gf when she knows the question is coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Justin_P

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My gf and I have lived together for over a year so the idea of marriage has came up before, but on our vacation last month it came totally out of the bag that I was going to ask her to marry me. Since then we have been picking out settings, cuts of diamonds, etc. Well I purchased the ring from whiteflash (which she doesn''t know yet) and I would like to surprise her as much as possible and do it on or before Christmas day.

So any help with ideas for someone who basically knows the question is coming because I really want to surprise her and not sure how I can get down on my knee and just pop the question without giving it up as soon as I even hint at getting down on one knee?

My 3 starter ideas.

1. Give her a picture frame for a X-mas gift and put a photoshoped picture of us with a message on it saying basically "Will you marry me?" or tape the real ring to the front of the picture.

2. We are driving to visit family this weekend, so I thought about getting her a pre X-mas gift of a Nintendo DS game for the drive and slipping the ring in the game case.

3. Not sure if it''s even possible but somehow edit one of our fav. songs on my ipod driving list to have me asking her to marry her in the middle of the song and slip the ring out of my pocket while I''m driving (again to see family this weekend), of course without getting on one knee.

Ideas or help?

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you''re going to give her the ring while you''re driving, you''d better be prepared to pull over quickly!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Brookstone has a $15 talking ornament. You can record your voice into it asking her to marry you. Then when she opens it (It is shaped like a present and you can put a picture in the holder) ask her to play it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there anywhere nice that you can stop on the drive down to your family. You could stop under the illusion that you''re getting lunch or something.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 6:40:11 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Brookstone has a $15 talking ornament. You can record your voice into it asking her to marry you. Then when she opens it (It is shaped like a present and you can put a picture in the holder) ask her to play it.
I vote for this idea! Then she would always have the ornament. Too cute!
36.gif

kinetics

Rough_Rock
I would def go for something other than driving. Even though she might think it is coming she will still enjoy it and you dont want to have the distraction of driving.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results