shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mozambique Tourmaline!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Widget, the color or your stone is breathtaking and the setting is beautiful.
36.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Fanastic!!!!! Love the east/west.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Widget, that is an amazing ring, and thank you so much for posting the picture of it in the rough--I hadn''t seen that before! The transformation is incredible!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thank you...ALL you wonderful folks...for your nice comments! It really is fun to share.
1.gif

And to all you Bay Area girls...yep, that's the one. I'd forgotten you'd seen it!

LOL MGC:

But I don't know why you put up with the 'no.'
Because I'm a wiimp!!! LOL

The truth is, I was really torn about this because in many ways, white metal made more sense for ME. 99.9% of my collection is in white metal so this ring does fit in better.

You've made some excellent points however, and maybe someday there will be a RG pave ring in my future...just not with Leon.
2.gif

widget

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gee, Widget, we didn''t know you were a wimp, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow it literally jumps off the page
36.gif
. Lovely final result Widget! I like the platinum treatment and the split shank. I particularly love the loose stone on your hand just glowing like crazy.

Maybe you can post how you got this rough stone and then had it heated and cut. It is very interesting to learn about this.

It''s a winner and I am happy to see how beautiful it turned out.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Widget, your ring is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us and for the "pokey" reference, I loved looking up the stories of the green ring''s creation and adorable proposal! At first I thought it was because your rough looked something like William the hippo mascot of the Met.
Wear your ring in health!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous, Widget!!! Another addition to your beautiful collection!!! Enjoy!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Widget, what a gorgeous ring! It''s absolutely stunning.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow! It''s so beautiful Widget! Do you know the sound of angels you hear coming from the heavens during some kind of revelation in the movies? aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. That''s the sound your gem makes! I can hear it all the way down in So Ca! Utterly fabulous!!! As usual, coming from you!
9.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 9:52:29 PM
Author: Miranda
Oh Wow! It''s so beautiful Widget! Do you know the sound of angels you hear coming from the heavens during some kind of revelation in the movies? aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. That''s the sound your gem makes! I can hear it all the way down in So Ca! Utterly fabulous!!! As usual, coming from you!
9.gif

Yeah...what Miranda said!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Widget, you do have the most incredble collection and thanks for always sharing with us
1.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
That is simply G
30.gif
RGEOUS!!! Spectacular!!! I
30.gif
it!!! You''ve got GREAT taste in jewelry, girl!!! WOW!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget you are my idol! Seriously you have the most BEAUTIFUL jewelry collection. I think it turned out lovely.

ac719

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
man alive that is gorgeous!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Widget - WOW!! Thanks for the pre-heat, pre-cut picture. That''s so interesting!

Your ring is absolutely stunning!
36.gif

I haven''t been around in a bit, so I''m glad I didn''t miss this!

Enjoy it!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget,

you have a great eye: that is a great mozambique!

movie zombie

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, once again, I have to ask, WILL YOU ADOPT ME???

It is just stunning.

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Oh I''m sooo jealous!! That is a GORGEOUS ring Widget!! And you managed to one-up me too LOL See, I''m getting my own Paraiba set right now (it won''t be ready until after the holidays, I was late starting the project) and I was looking forward to the aaaahh''s and ooohhhh''s when I post it in this forum, but after seeing yours, no one will be all that impressed with mine *sigh*
Oh well, it''s fun gawking at your ring anway! Wear it in good health.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gemnut,

We will love your ring too. We can''t wait to see it.
36.gif

Linda

widget

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Gemnut! You know better than to feel that way! We love oohing and aahing at everyones treasures....can''t wait to see yours!
1.gif

widget

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
I am amazed that the color changed so much - it''s gorgeous!! I have so much to learn, I didn''t know they changed that drastically.

That''s a beautiful ring! Congratulations
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I officially have another stone on my "must have" list: the paraiba tourmaline! craaaazy colour! Amazing!
30.gif
30.gif
I love it!

35.gif
DD

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait, I just noticed it is a mozambique tourmaline... is the location the only difference between that and the paraiba, cuz they look so similar?!?

Whatever the difference, your stone and ring are AMAZING!

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There is a slight difference in chemical composition. Nigerian stones contain lead and Mzambique I beleive contain more busmuth.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful color and stunning ring. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results