shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help! Proposal Friday evening!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SCB

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking here for a few days now. Some of you guys have made some AWESOME proposals. I''m not looking to top anybody, just to do it a very meaningful slightly romantic way.

Ok, the preface: I''ve been with my GF for just over 8 years now. We met @ Publix (a FL based grocery chain) the week she got hired there, which also happened to be my last week of employment there. She was a cashier and I was a stock clerk. I saw her right after she got hired and couldn''t resist asking her out. I went through her line, asked her out, and attempted to give her my phone number, although neither of us had any paper. I made fun of her for not knowing how to get register tape out of the cash register for us to write on and proceeded to show her how so I could write down my number..

With all of that being said, I''ve planned to propose this Friday evening. I''ve already told her I''ve made reservations at Shula''s Steakhouse (our favorite restaurant). I''ve also made reservations at a gorgeous hotel on the water in downtown Tampa for the evening. I don''t plan on telling her this until she gets home from work on Friday. My plan is to pack everything I can for her Friday morning so she won''t have to pack much at all when she gets home. Then, early Friday afternoon while she''s at work I''m going to check-in to the hotel, place a bunch of roses and rose petals in the room, chill a bottle of wine, etc. That way when we go there after dinner it''ll be ready for me to pop the question.

So, my biggest question is regarding how I should actually propose to her. I could just walk her into the hotel room and do it right then and there, but I''d like to somehow make it more meaningful by working in how we originally met. I''ve come up with one idea thus far:

* Place a toy cash register on the table in the hotel room with the words "Open me!" on it. When she opens the register have a note saying something like "This time I want a little more than a phone call... Will you Marry Me?"

I''m not too certain that''s the best idea, but it''s certainly one idea. I''m looking to get other opinions and as many other ideas as I can.. Anybody? I''m trying not to involve the hotel staff if I don''t have to as that will just make it more stressful and more likely to not go as planned ;-)

Thanks!

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I think that''s an awesomely cute idea, and if she''s into cute, she''ll love it =) Honestly, girls just want a little evidence of thought and foresight and they''re usually pretty happy.

One thing to keep in mind:
Has she ever said oh look at that guy proposing on the jumbotron, I wish someone would do that for me or said the exact opposite, oh my god, I''d be so mortified if somone proposed in front of all those people! (I think that''s often the "complaint" if there EVER is one around here which is rare). Mostly: didn''t he know I''m a very quiet, private person..why did he propose in front of a huge restaurant? or in front of all his family?

Since you''re thinking of proposing in the hotel room, that''s all settled!! Unless she said something specific about a jumbotron =P

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 4:39:35 PM
Author:SCB
* Place a toy cash register on the table in the hotel room with the words ''Open me!'' on it. When she opens the register have a note saying something like ''This time I want a little more than a phone call... Will you Marry Me?''

Hmm.. If you wanted to go with your cash register idea, the note could say "Turn around" and you could be on one knee with the ring.. Or you could even place the ring in the drawer..

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 9:49:16 PM
Author: heather318

Date: 12/19/2007 4:39:35 PM
Author:SCB
* Place a toy cash register on the table in the hotel room with the words ''Open me!'' on it. When she opens the register have a note saying something like ''This time I want a little more than a phone call... Will you Marry Me?''

Hmm.. If you wanted to go with your cash register idea, the note could say ''Turn around'' and you could be on one knee with the ring.. Or you could even place the ring in the drawer..
Cute idea, SCB!

I agree with what Heather suggested. You know your gf best and if this moment was as pivotal to her as it was to you then your proposal will likely hit the spot.

If you could place the cash register strategically so that both you and the drawer are facing her ... while she is opening it to find the ring inside, you could simultaneously begin to bend on one knee and speak your piece and ask your question.
31.gif
... if this is what you had in mind.

Good luck to you!
35.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I adore the idea of the ring in the cashier!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the idea of the cashier. Tying it into how you met is so sweet!
36.gif

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Its such a sweet idea!! I would like to throw another "register" idea into the mix.

You can get a fresh roll of register tape and on the paper roll, write either

A. Your "story" from the beginning leading up to the WILL YOU MARRY ME - by then you will be on bended knee with the ring
OR
B. list all the reasons you want to spend the rest of your life with her... there must be millions! then down on your knee.

Roll the register tape back into a tight roll and gift wrap it in a box for Christmas. The ring will not be the only souvenier she will have forever. She will have a little roll of tape that will mean then world to her!

Just a thought!

BEST of luck on your big night, and let us know how it goes!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the register thing is a great idea! Best of luck tomorrow night!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results