shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mozambique Tourmaline!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had this for a while, and finally, just can''t resist posting.
1.gif

The stone is 3.73cts, the mounting by Leon...sort of a version of the famous "Pokey Special".

First, here''s a picture of the stone in the rough...before heating:

unheated rough.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back to CS, Widget. I am so glad you are posting pics of the stone and setting; they are so very beautiful.
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I saw the pic and thought "wonderful color!" Then I saw "mounting by Leon" and thought: hmmm . . . interesting . . . wonder how he is going to mount that - what''s a "Pokey Special"?
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Then I read the rest of the post! Guess I''ll wati for the rest of the pics!
17.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
...and here it is after cutting and heating. Isn''t it amazing what some heat will do to these guys????
23.gif

(PS...this is taking SO LONG for me to post theese....there''s something terribly wrong with my computer... sorry)

000_4824berfpre.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
One more stone pic, and I''ll get to the mounting!

I love this because it really captures the in the dark ''glow'' of these copperbearing babies:

000_4803.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
OK OK, on with Leon''s magic..
1.gif

mxbque.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s a beauty!
36.gif
What a difference in the before -and -after cutting color.

widget

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

mitnteei.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and finally, here''s a handshot (with icky fingernails hidden).

One thing I did learn from this project. This is the first thing I''ve ever had done in micropave. While it''s perfect, and just what I ordered, I''ve decided that for me anyway, when the centerstone is a standout, either because of size or color, then the micro pave sort of gets ''lost''.

I think from now on, I''ll stick with plain metal mountings...

Thanks for looking, everyone!
widget

000_4993.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget, everything about it is STUNNING!!!!!! The color is simply amazing and the setting is perfect. I have to believe that you will be stopped continually by people wanting to see your ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow!!!!!! It is amazing!
30.gif

That stone is just fantastic with it''s glow!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That is one stunning ring, Widget!!! Congratulations!!! I''m feasting my eyes on the glorious colour of that stone. Just yummy!

Unless the micropave detracts fom the tourmaline in person, it certainly doesn''t in the photos. They''re like the back-up singers to a star vocalist!! Plain metal instead? I don''t think so.

Besides, Leon has yet to make a ring I didn''t love at first sight.

Absolutely beautiful. Wear it in good health and happiness!!
35.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OMG! That is spectacular! Love the color it became!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It''s always surprising to me to see the color change so drastically. I really love the east west setting. Congrats!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, what an incredible and special ring!!! You *must* put more pictures in this thread. I adore the color of your stone and how it glows, truly amazing.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everybody!
1.gif

I'd actually wanted this in rose gold originally. Try as I might, I couldn't convince Leon that this was a great idea....hee hee he hated it...so I finally bowed to the master..
2.gif

widget

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Widget that is absolutely gorgeous. That stone literally lights up!!!!!!! I LOVE it. So...... you were holding out on us huh lady!!!!!!!

I can just hear Leon telling you NO to rose gold, ha ha ha ha ha.

Are you holding out on anything else from us hummmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Linda

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, that''s lovely - amazing stone, amazing setting!

As you all know the Pokey Special is one of my all time favourite rings, so it''s great to see it in a different version!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, woman, that ring and stone are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Love the East West, gorgeous!!! Love the color
9.gif
You are my jewelry hero
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats widget, this ring is beyond stunning!!!! I''m jealous, hehe.
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Widget, you little devil, holding out on us with THAT. It''s just gorgeous, and that COLOR. *sigh* Beautiful, just beautiful.

And, you have NO idea how much posting what you learned, has helped me.
2.gif

Congrats, and wear it in good health!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Widget always has the best loot
9.gif
--stunning ring!! Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very beautiful, widget!!! You are amassing quite a Leon collection! How wonderful!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Widget that is one spectacular ring
30.gif
30.gif
. I really appreciate how you took us through the process. I had no idea that heating thing all the experts talk off ends up with that gorgeous stone

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is amazing! The setting is really beautiful in it''s own right but does not detract from the stone. Well done.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a wishlist thread in hangout brought your new leon to my attention and boy was it worth a search to find this thread...Just stunning widget, simply stunning!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Widget I love the east west pokey with that stunning neon stone. Is that the one we saw lose at the last GTG? It was lovely in person as well! Wear it in the best of health my friend!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, I love it.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Widget,

Finally we get to see your spectacular Mozambique tourmaline in yet another perfect Leon mounting. I have been waiting for you to post this for a long time. How long have you been holding out on us? It turned out very well and I am very happy for you. I think you made the right choice to go with pave on this ring. You already have 2 Leon 3-stone rings, so this is someting different. The sparkles from the little diamonds add to the beauty and color of the big center stone. The pictures do not do full justice to the color of the stone as it is hard to capture the ''neon''. The picture of the loose stone on your hand shows the ''neon'' best. Was that taken under dim light? I had the pleasure of seeing this gorgeous stone in person at our last get together and I hope you will bring the finished ring to the next one. Can''t wait to see it in person!

Art Nouveau

MaineGemCutter

Rough_Rock
Nice... BUT....

I still think yellow or rose gold would have made the stone look better, like it does loose on your hand, the warmth of the skin color and yellow/rose gold really adds to a stone like that. I can''t say the same for the cold white metal. I think the hand shots proves that.

Everyone is so obsessed with Leon, and the pavé work is very tight, really good work. But I don''t know why you put up with the "no." You paid a lot of money for that and he made a plenty fair profit obviously. White diamonds always get lost in white metal, compared to yellow or rose of course. You should have stood up for your choices, you have to wear the ring not him. He might be "the master" but it is YOUR ring.

It is a great ring, because the stone and the cutting (Gene) is exceptional, but it would have been a total knockout in yellow or rose gold, the tourmaline would have looked better, the white diamonds would have stood out, one could see how nice the pavé work is from more than 12 inches away, and you wouldn''t be thinking about never using pavé work again... A shame...

I think you should go back and make him change it, he will still be able to sell the setting and you will get what you want. The customer is always right. That would be like me going to a restaurant and ordering anchovy pizza off the menu and being told "no, I don''t like anchovies so you can''t oder that" even though it is on the menu. It wasn''t an unreasonable request, he could have easily made the ring in rose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results