shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I finalized how I''m going to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
Damn, picking a ring has been a nightmare...anyways. :razz:

I wasn''t planning on doing it this year, in fact, EVERYONE thinks it will be another 6-8 months because when ever it comes up I brush it off. Well, we booked a trip in two weeks to go to the Bahamas for a little vacation and I was thinking, what the hell...what better place than a beautiful island when we''re alone. I know she wont expect this so that would make it even better. My idea is....

We''re not really morning people but I''m going to ask her to get up early so we can watch the sun rise over the water(usually for us it''s over land) and we can take a blanket and go sit on the beach. Then, some point when we''re alone and the sun is coming up I will roll over(assuming we''re laying down on the towel) and ask the question. This should give a nice story of a sunrise proposal plus it will give her all day in the sunlight to star at the ring.
23.gif

Thoughts, suggestions?

Two things that have me worried. First, it''s close to her Birthday(14th) and Xmas...think that''s "cheesey"? Second, I''m getting real nervous about bringing an expensive ring on a plane, any tips for this?

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
It''s defintely not "cheesy"! Doesn''t matter that it''s close to other celebratory occasions. I think your plan sounds absolutely lovely! No advice on the plane thing though...good luck to you and come back with pics!

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
OR....

I was browsing around are hotel website and they have the dolphin swim. Wouldn''t it be cool if I could get them to have the dolphin bring a sign or something "Marry me" or something? Overkill or would you like that?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I like both ideas! I think you should call and ask about the dolphin, I don''t know if they can even do that, but it sounds really sweet.

It''s NOT cheesy to do it near other events.

Taking the ring on the plane....pack it in a suitcase, otherwise you''ll have to take it out of your pocket to get through the metal detectors. INSURE it BEFORE you go. At least in the unlikely event that anything would happen to it, it would be covered.

Good Luck!

heather318

Shiny_Rock
My FI proposed on our trip to Massachusetts.. He had it in his carry-on and there weren''t any complications with that.. I don''t suggest packing it in your checked bags.. You never know what could happen with it!

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 1:29:39 AM
Author: heather318
My FI proposed on our trip to Massachusetts.. He had it in his carry-on and there weren''t any complications with that.. I don''t suggest packing it in your checked bags.. You never know what could happen with it!
ABSOLUTELY!!

Insure it and put it in your carry-on bag so its always in your sights. You shouldn''t have a problem!

The beach at sunrise sounds great, good luck !

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Take the ring receipt with you as proof of purchase in the US, especially coming back from the Caribbean where diamond jewelry is often bought. It''ll save any hassle re-entering the US with regards to duty.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would never pack it in checked baggage. Put it in the carry on in a discrete package, and keep your eyes on it. If you get asked to open your bags for any reason, try to make her go wait for you outside of the search area. Insure it and carry all pertinent papers with you, but find out first if your insurance covers taking it out of the country!

nursie

Rough_Rock
I think your idea sounds lovely Detz. I only hope you can get her out of bed that early as I know I wouldn''t budge. If that happens, an island sunset sounds awfully romantic too.

Don''t put the ring in your checked baggage! I swear my pearl earrings were stolen that way
38.gif
Just put in in your carry on bag and let it go through the scanner. There shouldn''t be any need for them to take the box out of the bag.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
ooohh...i love sunrise proposals--i had one
9.gif
. it was so private and romantic...we had the whole beach to ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results