shape
carat
color
clarity

Sort of OT: Is anyone fluent in Laotian / English?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clyparkr

Rough_Rock
I want to ask my girlfriends father for permission before I propose but I want to do it in Laotian.

It would be great it I could talk with someone for about 10 minutes over the phone so I could learn how to properly ask it in Laotian.

This would be huuuuuge if someone could help me with this.

Thanks again

9.gif

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
I would suggest a language converter online. Try to google it, and I''m sure you''ll come up with what you''re looking for

Cincycaddy

Rough_Rock
Does she happen to have any sisters/brothers who could help you?

If its anything like Vietnamese (which I''m trying to pick up from my GF) 10 minutes isn''t gonna cut it. You will think you will be saying "I''d like to ask you permission to marry your daughter" but it''ll come out as "I like fish and have to use the bathroom".

Good luck though.

Chris

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 4:08:23 PM
Author: captainobvious
I would suggest a language converter online. Try to google it, and I''m sure you''ll come up with what you''re looking for
I would majorly advise against this. Have you ever tried using one of those to translate into English, to see how well they work? Try it. It''s not pretty.

Poke around online for forums that cater to English/Laotian speakers. I''m sure someone there will be more than willing to help. OR try to find a professor of Laotian language at a nearby college/university, they may be thrilled at the chance to help such a noble cause.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results