shape
carat
color
clarity

budget Christmas NYC proposal-Need ideas/help/advice/anything

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bondo167

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I actually found it searching for ideas to propose in NYC and I had to post. I''ve read through a lot of the proposal ideas and it seems like i''m not the only person trying to propose in the city this winter!
emsmile.gif

Reading through all the proposal stories made me scared, haha. Some of those are really amazing and people obviously have put a lot of thought and time and money into them. I really want to do something special and unique, but I have no money. Well, for starters here''s my situation:

I''m a young (21) college student. I''ve been with my girlfriend for 5 and a half years (since we were 16). She is in graduate school in NYC and I am finishing my last year of undergraduate in upstate NY (6.5 hour drive to NYC). I get done with my final exams and start winter break on December 14th. the morning of the 15th, saturday, I am flying from home to go visit my girl in the city. My plan was to propose to her then.
I picked out a ring around halloween at a jewelry store owned by my brother-in-laws family. I am picking up/paying for the ring tomorrow. So that part is taken care of.
I''m just looking for advice and ideas, basically anything you guys have to offer (which from reading previous posts, is quite a bit). I dont really know the city very well. I was thinking of doing it by the christmas tree in rockefeller center because we both love christmas. It is her first year down in the city, and we both come from very small towns in Vermont.

Here''s a little about us:

How we met:
A small go-kart/mini-golf and creemee stand place in my hometown. It was my first job. Her high-school softball team was there and a friend introduced us.
Our First Date:
Movies with her and her friends to see Mr. Deeds.
Our Song:
Dave Matthews Band, Where Are You Going? (theme song from movie)
Interests:
We both love christmas, animals, the outdoors, snowboarding, snow
Hobbies:
Cant really think of any for her, all she does is study. She has done a little scrapbooking before, but not much. The only hobby i can think of for me is woodworking, which i dont have a lot of time/resources to do while in school.

Any and all advice/ideas/help is greatly appreciated. If you would like to know more about us and the situation ask. I cant think of anything more right now.

Thanks in advance!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Check out "top of the rock" - on top of Rockefeller Center - a place with a great view of the city..

Top of the Rock

Or, not sure what your budget is, but I''m pretty sure you could get a sleigh ride in central park...

This may be far fetched, but the movie Mr. Deeds was partially filmed in New Milford, CT - the pizza place from the movie was actually this restaurant:

New Milford, Mr. Deeds

Not that far from NYC..

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
I too am from NYC been holding off on the proposal for almost 3 months GF does not know I have the ring already. I have already planned to go to Top of The Rock and the Tree on Christmas Eve, I must agree Top of the Rock is GREAT just check out the pics. Good Luck let us know what you decide and how all goes!! And just a PS rule you must show Hand Shots of the ring!!

bondo167

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. The top of the rock does look amazing, and its right near the christmas tree so we can do both.

i really like the New Milford idea, thanks Treysar. That would be a really unique and special and specific-to-us proposal. And its only about 1.5 hours from her apartment in NYC.

I will definitely post what happens when I do propose and hand shots of the ring. On that note, I had to drive home from school this past friday to pick up the ring. It''s about a 2 hours and 30 minute drive and and hour and fifteen minutes into the drive (literally half way) my car broke down. Needless to say it added more excitement to the trip, not that I wasnt worked up enough to get the ring. I was nervous about the ring because I hadn''t seen it yet. When I picked it out they didn''t have exactly what I wanted so they ordered it. Well, when it came in it was really gorgeous and perfect for her. I''m so excited/nervous to give it to her now, and I know she has no idea that it''s coming, makes it even better.

Thanks guys for the great responses. Keep ''em coming! One can never get too much advice
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results