shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this dining set match my buffet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for a new dining set that will coordinate with my buffet. It''s the first piece of furniture I refinished so I''m very partial to it. My dining room is not large, so I like the extension table. I have hard wood floors (as you can see in the pic), french doors (and a built in cabinet with the french door look (all painted the same color as the walls. I usually lean more towards dark wood, but I think the look is too "heavy" for my airy room. So, I found this style. It infuses the warmth of the dark woods while incorporating the lighter feel, and it will seat several people when I need it to.

HERE is the link to the table.

And, here is my buffet. (I started decorating yesterday!) any thoughts?

buffetss.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 3:05:48 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Oh honey its freakin'' fabulous!! I LOVE IT!!
face23.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input.

You don''t think the chairs look Asian? (which is what one person thought, but, I didn''t see it)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. I have to say that I generally don't like two painted items in the same room, and the table is partially painted. I personally think it's too much but the buffet in terms of finishes. I think the table itself matches and compliments very nicely in terms of style and would suggest something all in the warm wood tone but that's just me. Congrats on your handy work...that's a great accomplishment!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 4:47:02 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 11/21/2007 3:35:15 PM

Author: somethingshiny

Thanks for the input.

You don''t think the chairs look Asian? (which is what one person thought, but, I didn''t see it)

Oh my stars no. I love it all. I''m jealous.

We have Steve''s Grandmother''s old table, that tilts to one side and things roll off if they''re round.. we have HORRIBLE rolling chairs, too.. makes me feel very 1970s..
14.gif

We''ve been married for eight years. We still have our Walmart $100 table and chairs. It''s teeny! We''ve had a dining room for nearly three years now that has had the dollhouse table in it.

DH''s grandmother''s table leans like that too. Especially when we add the leaves. Everyone jockeys to get in the center! I''m always stuck on an end and wearing my food!!

The rolling chairs used to be my dream! I was like 5 and our friends had those, I SOO wanted them! They still have them and I feel SOO sorry for them! It''s like you''re intending to race around the room or something!
3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 5:46:10 PM
Author: moremoremore
Hmmm. I have to say that I generally don''t like two painted items in the same room, and the table is partially painted. I personally think it''s too much but the buffet in terms of finishes. I think the table itself matches and compliments very nicely in terms of style and would suggest something all in the warm wood tone but that''s just me. Congrats on your handy work...that''s a great accomplishment!

I usually don''t add more than one painted piece either. I was uncertain, too, because of the painted french doors and built-in. I think that even though the table is painted, because it''s dark, I won''t get that overly painted impression. I''m hoping it will ground the room a bit, too.

I refinished my buffet 7 years ago. We had just bought a house. I found it in the basement. It was in a few pieces and in terrible condition. I HAD to paint parts of it because it was so terrible. I did a lot of puttying. But, I''m very pleased with it. Actually, when I look at it, I see where I should have done this and that differently. But, when I was 21, it was *perfect* I won''t change those things because it''s my *first* and I will always have it in my dining room.

Thanks, girls, for your help.

I ordered it today. Hopefully it will be in before Christmas. Or, it''ll be the dollhouse table for Christmas Dinner! (even the chairs are tiny!)
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your buffet! It is gorgeous but I don''t like the table; the chairs work!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy!

The table is far from what I''ve ever pictured in my room, but something about it draws me in. We''ll see how it works.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Love the buffet and the chairs work well with it. How about painting the painted part of the table the same color as the paint on the buffet? That should mage everything go together.
DB

sheena

Rough_Rock
I love the dining set and it is match your buffet. The Asian hardwoods and veneers is perfect if you added a decorative and christmas display like a candle.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sheena~

I have tons of Christmas decorations (and I''m always looking for more!). My current table has a white table runner with silver snowflakes and tassels, with a set of three white candles with red berry wreaths around them. I think the colors will look great with the wood tone.
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
cute!!!!

I love the snowman!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
that buffet is really neat! i like it and it looks great w. your table!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My table is here!!! It has tons of packing materials and some assembly required. I love it already! Very glad I made the purchase, although since I''m used to my dollhouse table, this one seems huge. It appears kind of cluttered now because we have a huge Christmas tree in there, too. The chairs are fantastic!!! YAY for me!!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 4:32:07 PM
Author: somethingshiny
My table is here!!! It has tons of packing materials and some assembly required. I love it already! Very glad I made the purchase, although since I''m used to my dollhouse table, this one seems huge. It appears kind of cluttered now because we have a huge Christmas tree in there, too. The chairs are fantastic!!! YAY for me!!
2.gif
Yay, post pics when you have a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results