shape
carat
color
clarity

PS & USA Certed made a dream come true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoxyLady

Rough_Rock
I have been a lurker on the website for over a year now!
35.gif
Yesterday my BF and I finally went to get my stone and setting. Thanks to all of the knowledge I gained, I was able to help my boyfriend find an amazing stone on a limited budget. We dealt with a few people before USACerted, i.e. diamond dealer friend and some BM and I felt so confident that I had the knowledge I needed to get an amazingly cut stone.

USA Certed has the best prices out there!!! (I understand that stones aren't in house etc., but you can arrange for an appraisal or viewing before purchase. He also has free shipping and return policy. Bottom line, we would not have been able to get what we wanted elsewhere i.e. GOG or WF)

Martin Sheffield is absolutely wonderful. He found me exactly what I wanted. He is so nice, there is no pressure to buy... just a pleasure to work with. I inquired about stones that I found on the search engine. I requested a H&A stone, GIA ex ex ex or AGS000, 1.2-1.3 carat F VS2, under 2 on the HCA for under $8000.

He found a stone that we were able to pick up in NYC. He ended up going even lower than the list price. It was such an awesome deal and I feel so thankful that I was able to get such a beautiful stone. We immediately got it appraised by David Wolfe, who is also absolutely wonderful!! The appraisal was such a fun experience for us. David talked us through everything he was doing, let us see the idealscope, explained the "not" Sarin report(the other company, I forget their name..), etc. The stone's fire is 80%, which he said he rarely sees.

Here are the specs:
GIA 1.23 carat F color, VS2 clarity, ex cut, ex polish, ex symmetry
6.88x6.92x4.27
Depth 61.6
Crown Height 16%
Pavilion Depth 42.5%
Cutlet None
Table 54.3%
Girdle medium
HCA= 0.9

After the appraisal, we dropped it off at Leon Mege. My boyfriend loved him, lol! Hopefully this means he can be our 'permanent jeweler'. My boyfriend loves classic solitaires, I was considering a bezel set, or something a little less 'traditional'. Leon worked with us to design a modern solitaire that made us both happy. I really trusted his judgment, and he explained his reasoning for things such as band width, shape etc.

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL! We had an absolutely amazing shopping experience. We are both so happy with our choice (my bf originally wanted to go to Tiffany's). I cannot wait for the ring to arrive. I will definitely post pics of it in SMTR. Thank you PS, USACerted, David Wolfe and Leon Mege.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results