shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I or should I Not??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vik310

Rough_Rock
Hello Folks,
First off I am soo thankful for a website such as this - It would be of tremendous help if I could get some feed back on the following two stones; Should I or Should I not considering the stone vs. cost
Choice #1)
2.03ct. Round Diamond
$29,048.79
Color
F
Clarity
VVS2
Depth
Table
Symmetry
G
Certificate
GIA
Polish
G
Girdle
M-STK
Culet
N
Fluorescence
N
Measurements
8.00-8.07x4.98
Cut Grade
Very Good

Or

Option # 2)

2.00ct. Round Diamond
$26,535.00
Color:
F
Clarity:
VVS2
Depth%:
Table %:
Symmetry:
EX
Cert:
EGL
Polish:
EX
Girdle:
M
Culet:
N
Fluorescence:
N
Measurements:
8.00-8.08x5.03
Cut Grade:
Premium

I would like to find out if either one of these stones are priced to the market standards? Am I really getting a deal? If so are will these stones hold there value should we want to upgrade in the future? Any feedback provided will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-- Vik

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 3:22:47 PM
Author:vik310

I would like to find out if either one of these stones are priced to the market standards? Am I really getting a deal? If so are will these stones hold there value should we want to upgrade in the future? Any feedback provided will be greatly appreciated.
Vik,

Though the prices are not wacky (considering, for example...this one available through a vendor who advertises on this board...if you''re specifically liking F VVS2), unless your own vendor is to be the source of your upgrade...do not look to be able to upgrade with virtually any diamond otherwise, and hope to make out. Diamonds are not investment grade material. Likewise...you don''t have enough info about either for us to recommend either. Or...that is to say...info on contemporary GIA certificates provides crown & pavilion angles. Especially in your price neighborhood...I would not consider a diamond without that info...though more info additionally (like reflector images) would help a lot. Older certs from GIA don''t come with that info. That''s OK. But that info is attainable...and your vendor can get it, if you require it, and he decided to work with you to get it. EGL...if USA...is acceptable. Most EGL are not USA..i.e., there''s a lot of EGL type certificates...and all told...more are not USA than are. All EGL paper is discounted from what you''d expect to pay for GIA or the more preferred certificate...AGS.

In all...highly recommended...start reading the tutorial, above, under knowledge. Info about the cut of the diamond is important in your decision...and since it isn''t in your vocabulary...you should do some study, and come back with more questions. Otherwise...I''d feel comfortable to take both options currently in hand off the table.

Good wishes this Thanksgiving Day!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I agree! Def pass on #1 - 64 table is wayyyyy too big
38.gif
! If you want your rock to sparkle - cut is king, so aim for AGS ideal or GIA ex cut. You will definately notice the difference in a well cut stone - it will sparkle like crazy. Good luck!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with honey22. I''d definitely pass on 1 because of the table size. I''d probably pass on 2 because EGL is generally known to be loose with their grading, so that F VVS2 could end up being a G VS2 if it were graded by GIA or AGS. Definitely do some reading here before you purchase anything!

My best advice would be to go for an AGS 0 ideal cut diamond. Check out Whiteflash.com or GoodOldGold.com for some gorgeous AGS 0 diamonds.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ira found a good one, and I''ll throw in a couple more. Lifetime upgrade from this company, and a 2% off PS discount on this one, if you''ll consider lowering things a bit.

And some others, their branded diamond, 5% off with PS discount.

If eyeclean.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-70266.htm#

Same here.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-418635.htm#

Clarity shouldn''t be an issue on this one.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-418637.htm#

sheena

Rough_Rock
I would choose the second option because the the gemstone have a carat that passed the GIA
and I think the price is much affordable.

2.00ct. Round Diamond
$26,535.00

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results