shape
carat
color
clarity

singapore to paris proposal !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxxz

Rough_Rock
okie
here''s the deal
i just thought of this crazy idea while reading some of all your very helpful ideas. I''m from singapore (asia)
I was toying with the idea of booking 2 tickets to paris.
get everything set up over there, but before that get her to take a week off from work.
nearing the date i will get her to pack for the weather, hand me her passport.
then i will take her on the trip making sure she does not know where she is headed.
when we reach check into our hotel, i will blind fold her and make she she does not know where she is headed along the way till we reach paris. i was thinking of getting connecting flights to throw her off a little more. when i get there i''ll need to probably get her somewhere overlooking paris or even on the elfal tower would be cool. haha
what do you guys think? anybody stays in paris or have pervious experience, really need your help !!!
how much does food cost over there?
lots of planning to do in such a short time, i was thinking of doing it over christmas ! 24th depart singapore.

what do you guys think ? am rather excitied over the thought of this.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My DH surprised me with a trip to Paris and proposed on top of the Eiffel Tower, so I''m biased. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

That being said, you have to be sure she loves surprises. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE surprises, so I didn''t mind being in suspense for 12 hours. Some women would probably not enjoy that at all. DH knew I''d love it and kept it a surprise the entire way (he had to speak with the customs agents, gate agents, ticket agents, etc.) and it WAS NOT easy, but he did a fantastic job.

He put the trip together in less than two weeks and did an amazing job. Great hotel with a balcony in full view of the tower, read a couple of books and created an agenda. The only downside is that there are so many beautiful parts of Paris that DH was always saying he wished he''d proposed at such and such instead of the Eiffel Tower.

I don''t remember the cost of anything, so I gues it couldn''t have been too bad. I was happy to munch on a french loaf that cost a couple of euros to be honest. I think I lived on crepes and pastries for about two days straight. I''d go back to Paris just for the food in a heartbeat. One nice thing is that they have tax and tip included in the menu prices, though we''d tip on top of that amount.

I can understand why you''re so excited, DH was really giddy the whole time, too. But again, that''s because he knew I''d love it. If you think that your girlfriend might be uncomfortable with that kind of lengthy surprise, you might want to adjust a little bit. You know her best!

(BTW, at least you''re telling her how to pack. My DH wouldn''t even tell me that and I packed for warm weather thinking we''d go to a beach! I was wearing a bikini underneath my clothes when he proposed!)

Maxxz

Rough_Rock
wow !
sounds fantastic
i''ve already booked the air tickets !!!
any ideas which hotel in paris would be good?
i am under a budget though probably about 150-180USD per nite?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Paris, as you know is not cheap...and the Euro vs dollar will be an issue...

But I have heard that these three budget hotels are quite nice: The Hôtel de Nice, 4th arrodissement
Hôtel Amour in the 7th and Hôtel Langlois in the 9th.

Personally my suggestion: Many many years ago, I remember I stayed at this hotel and I was charmed by how quaint it was. It was well over 10 years ago, so I am hoping it's still as affordable and quaint:

http://www.hotelmicheletodeon.com/ (which happens to be in the Latin Quarter and near Jardin du Luxembourg, as well as the ever romantic Pont du Neuf.) It's by the Odeon Theater on a quiet street, and from the website it's still somewhat good.

I hope this helps! Good luck!!!

sheena

Rough_Rock
Singapore to paris proposal would be a great proposal especially for those wants a travel. And for me it is your time to know each other.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Try TripAdvisor.com and check out Expedia and Lastminute.

I always use them wherever I travel and have got some great deals.

Paris isn''t cheap - but not as bad as London, I love eating baguettes and crepes in the street though (sort of says Paris to me!). The decorations round Xmas are gorgeous too.

It''s very romantic - unless you try to drive anywhere!

basisforaday

Rough_Rock
Two places I''ve stayed in Paris
1. The Marriott on the Champs Elysees. For the price of this one you are paying for the location. The rooms are above average, but certainly not the best you can find. But you are a city block from the Arc de Triumph, high end shopping, can get views of the Eiffel Tower, walk to the Louvre
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pardt-paris-marriott-hotel-champs-elysees/

2. The Westin at Versailles certainly is not in Paris, but has fantastic rooms, grounds, and location. You can get into the city reasonably quickly and it is certainly romantic at any time of year. Plus it is considerably cheaper then any hotel of its caliber in Paris. You could then do a proposal anywhere on the 8 acres of gardens surrounding the hotel
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1104

nursie

Rough_Rock
I was proposed to in Paris, and while the proposal was a surprise the trip was not--which I''m thankful for. I guess I''m a bit of a planner, and don''t like to take sudden, unexpected trips. So sitting in a plane for hours, not knowing where I''m going, would not be pleasant for me. I loved that the proposal was a surprise though, and Paris is so beautiful--a perfect place for a proposal. It will be a magical trip for the two of you!

Hopefully your currency is stronger than the American dollar because when we went in 2005 we were a bit surprised at the cost.
23.gif

Maxxz

Rough_Rock
26.gif
wow thank you very much for all your suggestions so far they have been really helpful !
i''ve already booked the hotel at
http://www.hotel-splendid-paris.com/splendid-hotel-english/the-rooms-05.html

hmm am wondering where would be a good place to propose and how to do it...
on top of the eiffel tower sounds magical
or along the river saine
any creative suggestions would be great

30.gif

10_room5_splendid_143b_sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results